MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness 11 in the Karen Read Trial is another Canton FF paramedic, Daniel Whitley,

Whitley testifies he was called to the scene to section a woman on Fairview. He said Karen Read referred to O'Keefe as her husband "many many times." Whitley believed this might be a normal grieving process and sectioning this woman might not be warranted.

She would go from crying, speaking about having to take care of kids, saying she couldn't do it "I can't take care of these kids. They're not my kids, and they're not his kids." Then FF whitley realized who was transported earlier (O’Keefe)

Whitley says O'Keefe was known in town for taking in his neice and nephew.

@JHall7news

Witness 11 in the Karen Read Trial is another Canton FF paramedic, Daniel Whitley,

Whitley testifies he was called to the scene to section a woman on Fairview. He said Karen Read referred to O'Keefe as her husband "many many times." Whitley believed this might be a normal grieving process and sectioning this woman might not be warranted.

She would go from crying, speaking about having to take care of kids, saying she couldn't do it "I can't take care of these kids. They're not my kids, and they're not his kids." Then FF whitley realized who was transported earlier (O’Keefe)

Whitley says O'Keefe was known in town for taking in his neice and nephew.

@JHall7news
Ugh. That pretty instant response and thinking. NOT that I want a non guilty of JO's death to falsely be charged either if she didn't directly cause this. Bad combo and stayed too long like a lot of other bad relationships is my constant thoughts as we see too many times.

Last edited:
@TedDanielnews

Whitley says Read was very upset. He heard her say, "I don't want to live anymore if my husband dies." Says she asked if somebody could be alive in the snow without a jacket for many hours.

Whitley says Read was crying and said, "I can't take care of these kids. They're not my kids and they're not his kids.”

Whitley says Read went from being "despondent" to "snarky" when talking about Kerry Roberts. Defense objects. Judge orders statement stricken from record.

Prosecution will need to do a good job of laying out a believable sequence of events for his wounds, but I don't think there is any chance those are animal bites.

A lot of room under that car. Maybe he was knocked somewhat on his side with that arm/shoulder upwards and something ripped across it as she was going backward/forward. That would be my guess.
That could of happened but it would show on his outer clothing as well, tearing.

Alright, sorry for the random question, I haven't read the whole thread/all coverage.

Has it been determined if O’Keefe was wearing a jacket at any point on the evening in question?

19+ minute video

The trial of Karen Read in Massachusetts has been one of the most divisive in recent memory. Law&Crime's Angenette Levy @angenette5 details some of the things that have divided people most during the testimony of first responders in this episode of Crime Fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fkownt