MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, sorry for the random question, I haven't read the whole thread/all coverage.

Has it been determined if O’Keefe was wearing a jacket at any point on the evening in question?
It sounds in following, that it's not 100 percent certain at the time in questioning the paramedics/ firemen and police. Some said yes and others say a hoodie and i also read, 'two shirts'. One shoe. Yes, need to know if other shoe found or disposed of from inside, which answers a lot.

#KarenRead Here is the Lexus 570 that jurors viewed. It has a busted tailight, a small dent on the trunk. It hasn’t been registered since 2022.

#KarenRead The jury has returned to the courthouse and is now listening to testimony from Gregory Woodbury, another paramedic who was at the scene.

Court has recessed for lunch. Will return at 2pm.
So no blood or torn flesh was transferred to the car? At all?
Not even a few hairs pulled from the root stuck to the car? No oily face print/hand prints left behind that night?
With those repeated twin pairs of lacerations on JO's arm I would expect more blood/tissue to have been found.

Did they find any DNA/dog hair under JO's fingernails?

Also: Thank you to whoever recommended Attorney Melanie Little's youtube channel. She's so detailed and I found the dog bite expert interesting.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules when I say that there's an incredible attorney who is following and explaining Karen Read's case. Melanie Little on yt. She also goes over the court documents in this case and she has relevant experts as guests! Dog bites for example

So no blood or torn flesh was transferred to the car? At all?
Not even a few hairs pulled from the root stuck to the car? No oily face print/hand prints left behind that night?
With those repeated twin pairs of lacerations on JO's arm I would expect more blood/tissue to have been found.

Did they find any DNA/dog hair under JO's fingernails?

Also: Thank you to whoever recommended Attorney Melanie Little's youtube channel. She's so detailed and I found the dog bite expert interesting.
@beachhut - recommended the attorney's site. Bringing post forward for others who maybe interested.

Prosecution will need to do a good job of laying out a believable sequence of events for his wounds, but I don't think there is any chance those are animal bites.

A lot of room under that car. Maybe he was knocked somewhat on his side with that arm/shoulder upwards and something ripped across it as she was going backward/forward. That would be my guess.

1714768237768.png

I don't know what caused those injuries, but to me they look closer to animal bites and/or scratches than they do to injuries from a car.

I really need to hear the expert testimony on this. If it was caused by the car I want to know the specific parts on the Lexus which caused the scratches and how they match up to the wounds. I would also expect the clothing to show grease, dirt, tire tracks etc.

Edit - At the very least, I want testimony and/or pics from previous car/pedestrian collisions where someone received similar wounds.

Last edited:
The injuries to JKO are alarming, and I am completely complexed as to what they are from. I haven’t got the nerve (yet) to google dog bites. Thought the attorney’s (ML) video was insightful though I would not base an opinion on that alone.

Would like to hear from the experts in the field - what is the evidence -- where is the evidence? I’ll be patient. Would like to know about whether there was DNA - flesh, etc found on said vehicle. I am more interested in the science than the circus, as I know everyone here is as well. moo

The more I read about this the more questions I have :)

Is is documented somewhere when Brian Albert was first made aware that JO was injured/dead on the lawn?

Apologies if this is easily google-able

When Jen McCabe got to the scene with KR, she first called 911 then called her sister (wife of Brian). Presumably, that's when the couple was made aware.

When Jen McCabe got to the scene with KR, she first called 911 then called her sister (wife of Brian). Presumably, that's when the couple was made aware.
Thank you.

I was curious because I read the following in a reddit thread and it really made me wonder...

'Just think about this.BA and BH drove 6 hours to attend a fallen officer memorial in New York. But didn't walk for 60 seconds out of his house for a fallen cop in his own front yard.'

If BA was made aware, and didn't come out to help/see what was up that really speaks volumes IMO.

The Albert's bedroom, btw, was on the second floor in the front, closest to the portion of the lawn where the body was found. The photos of the house can be somewhat misleading. It's actually pretty close to the street. And yet, Brian Albert couldn't be bothered to even poke his head out of a window.

Unless KR's Lexus had a hidden/retractable cow catcher attached to the back end, I personally don't see how those injuries on his arm could have come from a vehicle hit.
MOO

I don't know what caused them, but there is nothing on her car or on the ground that could have caused them. The defense biomechanical experts will probably spend a lot of time on those lacerations and the impossibility of them being caused in a pedestrian accident.

Today is the first time I've seen the car up close. How do you hit someone with your vehicle so hard that you kill them but end up with absolutely no body damage?

I've just begun to follow this case.

Amongst other questions that will no doubt come up for me is this tail light remnants issue.
If they were planted by someone at the party, as part of the cover up, at first I thought maybe one of them located Reid's car to smash the twilight and retrieve the pieces.
But now we see it appears the tail light might actually have been broken at 5 am thereabouts in the morning when she backed into that other car.
So how were the cops to know that the tail light was broken so that they could gather the pieces?

It was snowing that night. Hard to imagine that backing into him while driving slowly doing the turn, would cause a fractured skull.
Also re: his abrasions and lacerations on his arm, wasn't he wearing a coat, jacket? Was his coat arm torn up, and if so, by what?

Anyone in that cop group have issues with the victim? We don't know I guess. Were they all very drunk, perhaps aggressively so ?

The Apple Health thing with the # of steps is curious too.
Great points. With the apple watch data allegedly supporting the officer's arrival into the home, I wonder if there was a terrible fight at the get together or outside as people were leaving.
I'm also late to this case so I have a lot of reading to do.

Today is the first time I've seen the car up close. How do you hit someone with your vehicle so hard that you kill them but end up with absolutely no body damage?

A drunk man can slip and fall and die if he hits his head on the ground and passes out in cold weather. He will probably sustain minor injuries to his hands or arms if he tries to break his fall. No car necessary.

If there is a car involved, I suppose he might hit the ground with greater force.

My guess is along those lines.

Great points. With the apple watch data allegedly supporting the officer's arrival into the home, I wonder if there was a terrible fight at the get together or outside as people were leaving.
I'm also late to this case so I have a lot of reading to do.
Some think he was lured to the house to be taught a lesson and things went south very quickly. Chris and his son Colin Albert had a history with O'Keefe and had been neighbors until very recently. People will see throughout the trial how the Canton townie clique works. And John and Karen were not townies.

A drunk man can slip and fall and die if he hits his head on the ground and passes out in cold weather. He will probably sustain minor injuries to his hands or arms if he tries to break his fall.
He was found on his back, 12 feet onto the lawn. What would have caused lacerations up and down his arm?

KR's Lexus is huge! Much larger than I had anticipated. I know a few people that own (or maybe they lease) a Lexus and they are not that large. I can see this huge "tank" of a vehicle killing someone if there was enough force, but again, waiting for the evidence. moo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member