GUILTY MA - Rachel, 27, & Lillian Entwistle, 9 mos, murdered, 20 Jan 2006

I'm from the UK (not England though) and definitely believe he was guilty. My husband and I were watching his parents' statement on Sky News and could not believe what was coming out of his mother's mouth. You begin to get an understanding of how he could grow up to be a cold blooded murderer.

Welcome Belle:) And you are dead right about his parents:bang:

It is so refreshing and interesting to see all these posts from the UK. It makes me feel good to know that the opinions stated by the d's parents are not the opinions of their fellow countrymen and women. I would be very interested to see how they are received back in their hometown. I hope they are told how callous and horrific it was to hear them talk about their DIL as they did. Even if you were feeling those thoughts, why on earth would you ever express those thoughts to the world. It made them look so ignorant and cruel.

To all of WS's UK posters, thankyou. Keep us updated on what you hear over there. :clap:

Its only cruel and ignorant people no matter where they may live, that could agree with what that babykiller's parents had to say BigGirl. I am soooo glad I have not heard anyone here say that they agree with them:blowkiss:

I live in England, and I have no hesitation in saying that the Entwistle family is a complete and utter disgrace to the UK, and Neil Entwistle in particular is not only a disgrace to the UK but a disgrace to the male sex, and also a disgrace to the whole human race, in fact a disgrace to carbon-based lifeforms.

I repeat, the Entwistles make us in the UK embarrassed and ashamed to be associated with them in any way, shape or form.

I live in England, and I have no hesitation in saying that the Entwistle family is a complete and utter disgrace to the UK, and Neil Entwistle in particular is not only a disgrace to the UK but a disgrace to the male sex, and also a disgrace to the whole human race, in fact a disgrace to carbon-based lifeforms.

I repeat, the Entwistles make us in the UK embarrassed and ashamed to be associated with them in any way, shape or form.

All the above is "music to the ears". :clap::blowkiss:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I second this with Bells On. Great post:)

I am joining in to thank all of you UK posters!:clap: Thank you so much for your valued contributions and like biggirl says - please keep us informed from your end!

In the meantime - a horrible event for Joe Flaherty -

Missing man fell from Entwistles’ spokesman’s boat

The Herald has learned the Nina Maria, the 37-foot craft Anthony “Tony” Tufo, 60, of Quincy inexplicably disappeared from shortly before 6 p.m., is owned and was being driven by attorney Joseph Flaherty, retired commander of the state police homicide unit and more recently the spokesman for the family of murder victims Rachel and Lillian Rose Entwistle.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1105034

Thanks so much for posting this! :) I got the impression from reading comments at the Worksop Guardian and other places that people in the UK felt this way and it's good to hear. And like I've said before, I wonder what kind of 'welcome home' his parents will get.

In the meantime - a horrible event for Joe Flaherty -

Missing man fell from Entwistles’ spokesman’s boat

The Herald has learned the Nina Maria, the 37-foot craft Anthony “Tony” Tufo, 60, of Quincy inexplicably disappeared from shortly before 6 p.m., is owned and was being driven by attorney Joseph Flaherty, retired commander of the state police homicide unit and more recently the spokesman for the family of murder victims Rachel and Lillian Rose Entwistle.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1105034
Oh this is so sad. :cry:

Oh, how utterly sad................................

There is no news yet of the Entwistles coming back to England. Not that I have seen anyway.
However, there is a very vocal Entwistle apologist on the Worksop Guardian.
http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/en...&CommentPage=13&CommentPageLength=10#comments

English version of the DRISP apologists. Didn't you just know there would be at least one?

Hi Deb! I read some of those comments yesterday. Same ole, same ole. I believe that poster frequents every blog around hence the reason for his nic. A wasteoftime would be a better hat for him, imo!:crazy:

Hi Deb! I read some of those comments yesterday. Same ole, same ole. I believe that poster frequents every blog around hence the reason for his nic. A wasteoftime would be a better hat for him, imo!:crazy:
LOL. I thought WastOfSpace:)

I saw some of that Dateline documentary "The Light in the Upstairs Bedroom". It seemed to lean towards stirring up reasonable doubt about NE's conviction.

According to its information, while GSR was found on RE's hands, none was found on the things that NE touched - the car keys, steering wheel.

Now, it seems that NE did not think through this crime very clearly and did little to deflect suspicion away from himself, e.g. leaving all the incriminating web searches on his computer, and just fleeing rather than trying to come up with a credible story, not even turning the bedroom lights off. So, on the basis of his other impetuous behaviour, you would not expect him to have gone to great lengths to stop himself transferring GSR to the things he touched in the car. Now absence of evidence is not usually evidence of absence, but, given NE's apparent failure to try to cover up, the fact there is no evidence he shot the gun looks quite like evidence he did not shoot the gun.

The Dateline take on things therefore points to there being (a) evidence NE did not shoot the gun and (b) evidence RE did shoot the gun. It starts to look like Weinstein and Mrs Entwistle are right.

Why don't we believe any of this?

(1) Because, as I understand it, the GSR on RE's hands is minimal, and could be explained by her being shot. Maybe even NE put her (dead) hands around the gun to shoot Baby Lillian. (But wasn't there evidence that Lillian was shot first?)
(2) Because, I seem to recall, GSR was found on one of the knives in the knife block -- which NE claimed he had handled when thinking of killing himself.
(3) Because NE's behaviour just doesn't ring true, even for someone freaking out after discovering their wife has killed herself and their baby.

It follows that NE must have cleaned himself up well after the shooting and got rid of the GSR. How easy is that to do? Will just a quick soap and water do it?

NE still seems to be being convicted for his behaviour before and after the shootings (the flaky websites, the running away without notifying anyone), rather than on any solid evidence linking him to the crime itself.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is guilty. There is just no way I would even leave my worst enemies to die like that and run off, never mind people I am supposed to "love".
There will always be people who cry and wail and shout for these killers but it still don't make them any less Guilty:bang:

According to its information, while GSR was found on RE's hands, none was found on the things that NE touched - the car keys, steering wheel.

Why don't we believe any of this?

(1) Because, as I understand it, the GSR on RE's hands is minimal, and could be explained by her being shot. Maybe even NE put her (dead) hands around the gun to shoot Baby Lillian. (But wasn't there evidence that Lillian was shot first?)
(2) Because, I seem to recall, GSR was found on one of the knives in the knife block -- which NE claimed he had handled when thinking of killing himself.
(3) Because NE's behaviour just doesn't ring true, even for someone freaking out after discovering their wife has killed herself and their baby.

It follows that NE must have cleaned himself up well after the shooting and got rid of the GSR. How easy is that to do? Will just a quick soap and water do it?

This begs the question: How long was the time gap between NE doing the double murder, and NE leaving the house for his flight to UK? We know he was checking the computer with two dead bodies in the house, (according to his timeline). Just how many showers did NE take in that time frame? Your American showers are a lot better than our over here. How many showers would you have to take to remove GSR? I think he had enough time to keep the shower going constantly, get in, get out, do other things, get in again, and, out again, and again, and again. He had the time to do this. IMO

This begs the question: How long was the time gap between NE doing the double murder, and NE leaving the house for his flight to UK?...Just how many showers did NE take in that time frame?...I think he had enough time to keep the shower going constantly, get in, get out, do other things, get in again, and, out again, and again, and again. He had the time to do this. IMO

Yeah, but there's no evidence of that is there? I'm not saying NE is innocent. I just wish there was some 'smoking gun' (unfortunate phrase) that shows he did it. At the moment, it still seems to boil down to his behaviour before and after the murders. The impression created by his behaviour could hardly be more damning, but it is still a tad circumstantial.

From what that female juror said, the jury seemed to convince themselves by the fact that Rachel could never have shot herself and the baby in the way that was claimed. Since he admits he put the gun back then, if it is genuinely established Rachel definitively could not have shot herself as she would supposedly have had to, the case is closed. (Well, unless we start introducing intruders again, but the lack of evidence of a robbery I think allows us to discount that.) But how scientific and conclusive is the jury's experiment. It would have been nice if that issue had been bottomed out in court, but the defense avoided that by calling no witnesses to put forward their theory.

I wish NE would just confess, but I guess there is no chance of that as, with LWOP, he has nothing to lose.

What does the worksop article say?? I could not pull it up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back