MA MA - Sarah Pryor, 9, Wayland, 9 Oct 1985

TY Skiptomylu! It has to be worth looking at him from 1984-1985 for crimes and 1966-1967.

I am going to start a thread on him in the Serial Killers section of the forum. I wonder if he is staying quiet because he thinks he has a chance at parole in the future?

Thank you so much Believe09!

Please feel free to quote anything from me.

Also, could you please link the new thread here?

I had nightmares last night and just a feeling of horror realizing again what a monster this man is. He (JRW) does not seem to *hesitate* time-wise in pursuing his victims. I too was wondering about these gaps of time previous to 1966 arrest in MA, his time previous to arrest in 1967, and his short time on parole from 1984 - 85.

* Catherine Malcolmson went missing from Stow/Hudson MA line on August 13,1985

58 days, just short of 2 months later:

* Sarah Pryor went missing on October 9,1985

1 month (plus? I cannot recall the date that this happened, though from memory it seems like it was early Nov.) later:

* Attempted kidnapping in Newton in which he was eventually arrested happened in Nov (?), 1985

So there is a pretty rapid pattern here if we were to speculate he is guilty of Sarah Pryor and Cathy Malcolmson's murder/disappearance.

Here is a map of Sherborn where he lives, Holliston where his work was based (traveling around to set up play-ground equipment, like swing sets in peoples yards!), then Stow where Cathy Malcolmson disappeared (I added a pin for Hudson Ma because Cathy disappeared on the Stow/Hudson border), then Wayland where Sarah disappeared, and lastly Newton where the attempted kidnappings occurred. They are all very close knit together:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Sherborn,+MA&daddr=Holliston,+MA+to:Stow,+MA+to:Hudson,+MA+to:Wayland,+MA+to:Newton,+MA&hl=en&ll=42.317939,-71.386414&spn=1.202276,2.469177&sll=42.33926,-71.38916&sspn=0.600936,1.234589&geocode=FamDhAId2vm--ymFeIsCI3jkiTEMjLF7Te8GGw%3BFcDrgwIdGCS--yl1EjMF0HbkiTGnXD-J-2yk8g%3BFVCJhwIdQee8-yk3eN8ViI3jiTFUmWULhjGzmQ%3BFbjYhgIdxfy7-ykBjQD45IzjiTH65znZor8CCQ%3BFYRmhgIdaBq_-ynp24AZwoXjiTFw9yXUAQswCw%3BFREDhgId-27B-ymlJQeECYLjiTF-r3CbewiSVQ&dirflg=h&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

Lastly, this article about Rose Marie Martin is heartbreaking:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-02-14/news/1991045086_1_parole-board-benton-cooper

I wonder if he is staying quiet because he thinks he has a chance at parole in the future?

<Snipped by me with respect>

YES!! He has been attempting parole since 1991. I think the date is 1991. He was described as a "model prisoner" then (insert eye-roll). He has been attempting to get parole since then:

It was the ninth time Whirty's case for parole has been reviewed in Texas. The next will be in August 2016, criminal justice spokesman Jason Clark said yesterday.
(I think the 2016 date is incorrect.)

Source: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x633534690/Texas-board-denies-parole-for-Sarah-Pryor-murder-suspect

LINK to Serial Killer Thread:

i was in a hurry when I set it up-let me know if I wrote anything inappropriate or inaccurate!

On the 13th anniversary of the day teenage lifeguard Molly Anne Bish disappeared, 100 people gathered at the town common on Thursday night to honor her memory and to remember that her killer has never been found.

[snip]

A photograph of a smiling Molly was set on a table by a bouquet of yellow roses. A moment of silence was held for all the missing children, and one by one, candles were lit to represent the missing and murdered children: Molly Bish, Holly Piirainen, Lisa Ziegert, Sarah Pryor, Jeffrey Curley, Danielle and Dorothy Pitcher, and Caleigh Harrison.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/06/slain_warren_teenager_molly_an.html#/0

Bumping for Sarah, it’s been nearly 34 years since her abduction and murder

MAY 21, 2015
Cop Talk: Chief Irving On Crime, Police Brutality and the Murders of Sarah Pryor and Lauren Dunne Astley
WP: Are there any unsolved mysteries in Wayland?

CI: Wayland's biggest unsolved case is the disappearance and murder of nine year old Sarah Pryor. Sarah went missing on Oct. 9, 1985, when she went for a walk on Concord Road. More than 10 years later, a bone fragment was found in a construction area. The fragment was analyzed using DNA testing and was identified as being Sarah. Despite periodic leads, and a suspect who is imprisoned in Texas for committing a similar crime, no charges have ever been filed in the case.

JUL 15, 2015
Wayland's Biggest Unsolved Case: The Disappearance of Sarah Pryor
The Sarah Pryor Living Memorial Committee maintains sara.org, which details Pryor's disappearance, maintains a missing children list and provides legal info and informative links.

SEP 2, 2015
Will these killings ever be solved? - CNN
Sarah Pryor went missing in 1985 when she was just 9 years old. Pryor was abducted while walking near her Wayland home. Fragments of her skull were discovered more than a decade later, but the rest of her remains were never found. Her killing remains unsolved. Wayland police Chief Robert Irving said that although there have been some suspects, there hasn't been enough evidence to bring any criminal charges.

FEB 28, 2020
Missing Sarah Pryor with Barbara Smith Pryor

0329-sarahpryorfb___28120948375.jpg

Event Details
Sun, Mar. 29, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Trinitarian Congregational Church 53 Cochituate Road, Wayland MA 01778

ON WHAT SEEMED like a beautiful Wednesday, just six weeks after relocating and starting to settle in to their new home in Wayland, Massachusetts, Barbara and Andy Pryor’s nine-year-old daughter Sarah went missing during a walk after school on October 9th, 1985.

[...]

Barbara has been a frequent media spokesperson with the criminal justice professionals working on Sarah’s case. She petitioned the Massachusetts legislature ... Barbara has been a tireless advocate for victims of violence, as well as an outspoken representative for missing and exploited children.

Perhaps the greatest miracle of her life is the transformation of her anger into mercy, forgiveness, and love. Barbara still speaks with enthusiasm, humor, and love, so that many people say they have hope and joy in her presence. She has been described as “God’s valentine to a hurting world.”

I remember when Sarah disapeared from the porch of her Wayland,MA home. I was 11 years old. It was scary to have a child go missing so near that it was on our local news. This was 1985. Sarah's skelltal remains were found in 2000. The case still haunts me. I would love to find out who abducted and murdered her. That person forever changed this and I'm sure other kids from MA prospective on what we thought was our safe little world. I know he dose not care about that,but, I do. He killed an innocent child and needs to be :behindbar

For the record, she was not taken from her porch. She went for a walk and was taken down the road.

So this is 19 miles from Chelmsford, Ma. Which we now know was the home of the guy now arrested for the murder of 11 year old Melissa Tremblay. Seems a similar ( although I do not know many details at present). I doubt that Marvin Carlton “Skip” McClendon, Jr. only committed one crime in his lifetime. I would like to know more about the location where Sarah's remains were found. I know it say a construction site, but I wonder what was there in 1985?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back