MA MA - Susan DeQuina, 22, Lynn, 3 Oct 1979

I wish I had more to offer. I’m just as curious for answers as everyone else on this thread. My mom was 17 at the time she disappeared. She was living in a property my grandfather owned with my two cousins, and the HA associate bf would stay there as well. Same town but different house than my mom. Left one night to run errands with a shady crew and never returned. It wasn’t an easy childhood and she had run away many times over the course of her teens but nobody believed she would leave behind her boys. Tragic but they assume with the other related deaths she was also killed, but there has to be someone out there who knows where the remains are. I think my Aunt still holds out hope she’s out there somewhere. Both of her parents have now passed, and her eldest son was killed last year.

Lynn man seeking justice for his murdered brother - Itemlive
Sept 8 2017 rbbm.
"LYNN — A Lynn man who has gone decades without answers about the disappearance of his mom is demanding justice for his brother, who was killed in Boulder, Colo., in July.

Lynn native Roland Dequina, 43, was allegedly beaten to death in Boulder by James Craig Dobson, 56, and left in a parking lot for hours before he was found by three bicyclists beside an empty bottle of vodka and a stick covered in blood, according to an arrest report obtained from the Boulder County District Attorney’s office.

Dequina’s brother Adam said he wants to make sure his alleged killer is held accountable.

“We grew up in Lynn and we were really close,” he said. “We used to love to fish. He loved all types of music. We used to go skiing all the time. We were 11 months apart and grew up almost like twins. He was very thoughtful, passionate, caring. He would do anything for anyone. He would take the shirt off his back for anyone.”

The boys were raised by their grandparents after their mother, Susan Dequina, disappeared in October 1979. Police have yet to find answers about what happened to her.

Cheryl Jefts, Adam Dequina’s girlfriend, said the family is afraid they will once again not see justice, and that the case will be treated lightly because of how local media have described the victim.

Jefts, who grew up with the family, said Dequina set out to be a wanderer at the age of 19 or 20, following the Grateful Dead across the country. He spent time in San Francisco, and later in Boulder."

It’s crazy how much her appearance changed in the months right before her disappearance. This picture here was taken just a few months before the image shown on her missing persons pages where she is thin and looks unwell. She was happy to be a mom, it’s sad she got mixed up with the wrong people.

Attachments

• 00E201D3-3D21-47FD-8F2F-BF39716AA56B.jpeg
    00E201D3-3D21-47FD-8F2F-BF39716AA56B.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 14
Details updated 2/5/20:
Susan Marie DeQuina – The Charley Project

DeQuina was last seen in Lynn, Massachusetts on October 3, 1979. She was living in an apartment her father owned. She asked a teenage neighbor to watch her two children so she and her boyfriend, Michele Gagnon, could go out and buy a refrigerator.

The babysitter said the apartment was full of people when he arrived there and, at 6:00 p.m., DeQuina and Gagnon left with the group after about an hour. Gagnon came back to the apartment at approximately 1:00 a.m., but DeQuina never returned home and has never been heard from again. Not long afterwards, her car was found abandoned and burned in Saugus, Massachusetts.

Gagnon dropped out of sight after her disappearance. He was a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang in 1979. He lived part-time with DeQuina and part-time with a friend, Robert Garbino. Photos of both men are posted with this case summary.

Several weeks after DeQuina's disappearance, Garbino was shot to death. His body was dismembered and the parts scattered on property he owned; police found his torso near where DeQuina's car was located after her disappearance, and his hands and head in the house she'd shared with him and Gagnon. His murder remains unsolved.

Police began looking for Gagnon to question him in connection with the murder, but he had dropped out of sight. Several weeks later was also found shot to death in an apartment in Bridgeport, Connecticut. His death was ruled a suicide, although some authorities believe he did not take his own life.

DeQuina reportedly wanted to break up with Gagnon because he and his friends were using her car to transport drugs. It's unclear whether her disappearance is drug-related or has anything to do with Gabrino and Gagnon's deaths, however.

DeQuina's case was reopened in 2011. Authorities believe she was murdered and they hope to identify her killer or at least find her

Name: Susan M. DeQuina
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 3, 1979
Location Last Seen: Lynn, Massachusetts

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: May 29, 1957
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Susan Carroll
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Rose tattoo on her chest and the name; Archie; .

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Susan DeQuina was last seen on October 3, 1979, leaving her home in Lynn. Susan DeQuina was a 22-year-old mother of two living in an apartment her father owned. Susan disappeared on a night when she called a babysitter to watch her kids so that she and her boyfriend could buy a refrigerator.

Susan's boyfriend, Michele Gagnon, was a member of the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang. Gagnon lived part of the time with Susan, and part of the time with his best friend, Robert Garbino. Susan was last known to be with Michele Gagnon.

Weeks after Susan disappeared, Gagnon's friend, Robert Garbino was shot to death and dismembered. Michele Gagnon eventually surfaced weeks after the Garbino murder, in a woman's apartment in Bridgeport, CT. Michele Gagnon was found shot to death in the woman's bedroom. All happened over just a few weeks.

Information Source(s)​

Family Member
NamUs MP #13992
Fox Boston

Admin Notes​

Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 05-18-2022 - By: Htmlcnvtr

Jan 31, 2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors