MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A former FBI profiler has pored over the evidence and clues, and has weighed in on the case. Fox 25 News reports that Mary Ellen O'Toole, who worked on high-profile cases such as the Unabomber and the Zodiac Killer, reviewed the evidence in the murder. Combined with her expertise, she said that she thinks the attacker didn't know Marcotte, but was familiar with the park in which she was set on fire. She believes the attacker is still in the area and "has gone back to his everyday life."
Get free real-time news alerts from the Worcester Patch.

Subscribe

O'Toole suggests that the killer likely burned Marcotte to hide evidence, but also could be for sadistic reasons, or out of curiosity. Leaving Marcotte outside partially nude, "like she is garbage," along with the violence, she says the attacker saw her not as a human being, and is consistent with a sociopath.
Read the full story on Fox 25 News.
Photo via WHDH Channel 7-News

Massachusetts authorities searching for SUV in relation to jogger's murder

<snipped>

Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early said a dark-colored SUV was seen parked on a road in Princeton near the time 27-year-old Vanessa Marcotte was murdered.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/1...ng-for-suv-in-relation-to-joggers-murder.html

Just saw this new information this morning. I had been thinking of the perp possibly pulling into the entrance of Conner, where the break in the guardrail is, and hemming VM in as she jogged/walked past to block her escape route.
You could be right.
Too bad there is conflicting information as to where they say they saw the car parked.
Fox news says "a road", and WCVB says "along Brook Station Road"
I am sure if it wasn't BSR, it would have to be a road that's close, like Radford, or Conner Lane. Mathew Lane connects in a shallow horseshoe to BSR just south of VMs' Moms house. Maybe there was a bicycle in that SUV?

If an acquaintance or family member brushed off seeing any injuries, but now knows this person is associated with a dark SUV , there is no reason for this person not to call law enforcement.

Respectfully, snipped.
Of interest - press release and all stories make no mention at all of rape. I do not think one occurred.

I don't have anything worth adding re: cemetery scenario, but am glad you mentioned the last sentence.

It has seemed very odd to me that LE has never said there was a sexual assault if one did occur. I'm not sure what they'd have to lose by releasing that info.

I agree that there's a good chance no sexual assault occurred. The general consensus is the perp burned her hands, feet and part of head to try to destroy DNA evidence. If we go with that theory, it seems he would have tried to burn her, um, private parts, if a sexual assault (or attempted one) occurred. (Not that I think it would be easy to destroy internal evidence.)

If he did sexually assault her, I would think anyone with some degree of intelligence would realize how hard it would be to destroy such internal DNA evidence without majorly burning her entire body. So, IF the motive for the burning was to destroy DNA, why even bother wasting precious escape time burning her feet, hands and part of head...

Granted a vicious killer who sexually assaults or not is still a vicious killer. But whether he sexually assaulted her or not and his likely motive for the burning seems meaningful to me in that it could help LE narrow their search.

Respectfully, snipped.

I don't have anything worth adding re: cemetery scenario, but am glad you mentioned the last sentence.

It has seemed very odd to me that LE has never said there was a sexual assault if one did occur. I'm not sure what they'd have to lose by releasing that info.

I agree that there's a good chance no sexual assault occurred. The general consensus is the perp burned her hands, feet and part of head to try to destroy DNA evidence. If we go with that theory, it seems he would have tried to burn her, um, private parts, if a sexual assault (or attempted one) occurred. (Not that I think it would be easy to destroy internal evidence.)

If he did sexually assault her, I would think anyone with some degree of intelligence would realize how hard it would be to destroy such internal DNA evidence without majorly burning her entire body. So, IF the motive for the burning was to destroy DNA, why even bother wasting precious escape time burning her feet, hands and part of head...

Granted a vicious killer who sexually assaults or not is still a vicious killer. But whether he sexually assaulted her or not and his likely motive for the burning seems meaningful to me in that it could help LE narrow their search.
Here's a report of her being sexually assulted.
This report not only has the SUV parked on BSR, but also riding around the area after the crime.
It also is not clear if the man/woman that was involved in the motorcycle accident, with the scratches on his face is connected with the SUV. (even though they were checked out and cleared by LE.)
I guess you have to consider the source of the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gger-killed-set-fire-near-mother-s-house.html

Here's a report of her being sexually assulted.
This report not only has the SUV parked on BSR, but also riding around the area after the crime.
It also is not clear if the man/woman that was involved in the motorcycle accident, with the scratches on his face is connected with the SUV. (even though they were checked out and cleared by LE.)
I guess you have to consider the source of the news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gger-killed-set-fire-near-mother-s-house.html

Thank you for that info. Rocky. Even if the SUV , has nothing to do with the motorcycle accident, I always wondered if the killer was speeding somewhere fast and may have hit the motorcyclist. But, we have no info. they are connected. Either way, the article is interesting input over all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname