MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF the vehicle is part of this , but could not have been parked there for the duration of time doing this and was only there briefly other options have to be looked at:

The vehicle was used briefly to leave her there, or the person was originally on foot and used the vehicle briefly to retrieve items or something left behind or someone picked the person up in vehicle.

I know people don't want to look at those options, but those would be options if the vehicle was there very briefly rather than the whole time.

Interesting. I like the lost shoe idea. I don't think the clothes were burned because LE said her clothes were missing, and it's actually pretty difficult to get rid of clothes completely in a fire. There would likely be buttons, fasteners, and scraps of unburned cloth that would indicate that he burned her clothes and thus LE wouldn't say they were "missing". The lost shoe is definitely intriguing though.
You may very well be right.
I took the term "missing" to mean that her clothes were missing from her body, not the crime scene.
If her clothes in fact were missing from the crime scene, that leads me to believe that ash from the fire was wood

Interesting. I like the lost shoe idea. I don't think the clothes were burned because LE said her clothes were missing, and it's actually pretty difficult to get rid of clothes completely in a fire. There would likely be buttons, fasteners, and scraps of unburned cloth that would indicate that he burned her clothes and thus LE wouldn't say they were "missing". The lost shoe is definitely intriguing though.
Although we don't know the degree of burns, I wonder why he would have partially burned one shoe only, and not her clothing. If both her feet were burned, and one shoe was only partially burned, how did that foot get burned if the shoe was covering the foot?

IF the vehicle is part of this , but could not have been parked there for the duration of time doing this and was only there briefly other options have to be looked at:

The vehicle was used briefly to leave her there, or the person was originally on foot and used the vehicle briefly to retrieve items or something left behind or someone picked the person up in vehicle.

I know people don't want to look at those options, but those would be options if the vehicle was there very briefly rather than the whole time.
The thing that keeps coming back to me when I think of this possibility, is, that if this guy lived that close to leave, then come back in that little time frame, that means he lived real close, and LE would have canvased all of the neighbors.
The part about someone living along the route, abducting her on his land, then dropping off her body there, makes perfect sense, because he would have had been in the position to stalk her while she ran, except If he put her in the car, I see a different dumping site further away.
I think LE would have checked out every SUV on the route by now as well.
And yes, that would explain the car being there for a short period of time.

Just a random thought here.... there has been a lot of discussion around the burns: torch, lighter, cigarette, lighter, etc. what about some sort of electrical burn? I do t know how but thought I would add it to the list. Does a taser leave any kind of burn?

That's funny you mentioned that. I have heard that rumor around town as well.

Just a random thought here.... there has been a lot of discussion around the burns: torch, lighter, cigarette, lighter, etc. what about some sort of electrical burn? I do t know how but thought I would add it to the list. Does a taser leave any kind of burn?
No, tasers do not burn.
I thought at first that she may have been incapacitated by a taser when she was abducted, and then I thought about how loud people scream when they get tased. It didn't add up.

Strange that he would take one shoe.
I agree. That is what made me think she lost one when he was dragging her. If they were both there, why not burn both? I think he saw the shoe, and it was close to the road, so he picked it up knowing that someone looking for her would identify it, and took it with him.

The thing that keeps coming back to me when I think of this possibility, is, that if this guy lived that close to leave, then come back in that little time frame, that means he lived real close, and LE would have canvased all of the neighbors.
The part about someone living along the route, abducting her on his land, then dropping off her body there, makes perfect sense, because he would have had been in the position to stalk her while she ran, except If he put her in the car, I see a different dumping site further away.
I think LE would have checked out every SUV on the route by now as well.
And yes, that would explain the car being there for a short period of time.

Unless he was in a rush and the quickest way to complete this was most important to him. If he didn't want her in the vehicle for 'further' distance or 'longer' time. And picked the most familiar place nearby he is comfortable with.

No match in the system, I presume. Or they would have nAiled this guy by now

Or perhaps they have a match, but not to anyone they can name at this time. Another crime,but by an unknown ( to LE ) assailant. jmo

Not disputing the shoe per se, but I can only find one source referencing a burned sneaker. The Dianne Williamson editorial in which she cites an unnamed "investigative source" which is not LE. While it is MSM it's an editorial and no source can be found for that information from a news report or from LE. So JMO

http://www.telegram.com/news/20160809/dianne-williamson-slaying-sends-shock-waves-through-princeton

Personally I think some information from the KV investigation got confused in this editorial. We do know that KV's shoe and earbuds were recovered.

TO me the shoe being found is rumor so far.

MOO

Not disputing the shoe per se, but I can only find one source referencing a burned sneaker. The Dianne Williamson editorial in which she cites an unnamed "investigative source" which is not LE. While it is MSM it's an editorial and no source can be found for that information from a news report or from LE. So JMO

http://www.telegram.com/news/20160809/dianne-williamson-slaying-sends-shock-waves-through-princeton

Personally I think some information from the KV investigation got confused in this editorial. We do know that KV's shoe and earbuds were recovered.

TO me the shoe being found is rumor so far.

MOO
I had those same thoughts when I first came here, that there was confusion with the KV story, and when asked, was told that MSN had talked about it refering to VM. I don't remember LE mentioning it at all.

No, tasers do not burn.
I thought at first that she may have been incapacitated by a taser when she was abducted, and then I thought about how loud people scream when they get tased. It didn't add up.

Respectfully, tasers can cause burns:

"Today, Taser warns that the device can cause burns. Moreover, the company acknowledges these burns can become infected. It warns that people who are shocked by Tasers can suffer bone fractures, hernias, ruptures and dislocations. Today, Taser suggests students be Tasered while lying facedown on the floor, eliminating falling hazards and stray Taser probes to the eye."

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/23/cops-raise-taser-safety-claims/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Dianne Williamson
Telegram & Gazette Staff

Marcotte graduated from Bancroft School in Worcester in 2007 and studied communications at Boston University. She was an account manager at Google in New York and had been home for a few days visiting family. An investigative source said she was found naked and had suffered burns to her face, hands and feet.

Princeton slaying victim Vanessa Marcotte found naked, with burns
August 8, 2016
'Unimaginable' act sets Princeton on edge
August 8, 2016
SHOW MORE...
"This just doesn't make any sense," the source said. "She was a beautiful girl." He said police searched for the victim's clothes, cellphone and earbuds but came up empty. A partially burned sneaker was found near her body, the source said.

We have been discussing the burned shoe left at the CS since very early in the second thread in August.

Katherine Huck owns the Mountain Market
http://www.telegram.com/news/20160808/unimaginable-act-sets-princeton-on-edge

Radford is a short road with a denser population. It's also pretty narrow so a parked car would basically be in front of someone's house and draw attention. If you ever read the Landmark (the 5-town newspaper), virtually any parked car on the side of a road gets a call into police. So in my opinion, a parked car on BSR would garner attention no matter what. People call the police in town all the time for "suspicious vehicle parked on blah blah blah rd."

It's true some people call these in, and you do see these calls in the police log...but I'm sure you would also acknowledge MOST people wouldn't think much of a parked car and wouldn't call it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti