MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long he had Been working in the area? Was it a year?

It does seem possible to me that he had seen VM on his Saturday route, and was aiming for her specifically. It's equally possible, in my mind, that he was driving by at the same time that she happened to be there ( so I always wondered how this would work considering that she was only visible on the road for approximately 10 minutes before she would have came upon his vehicle at that location ).

So it would've been really bad luck for her.

in the article it does mention that his route was between 4 AM and 11 AM. Based on a review of her previous mapped runs, she did often run during that window. Often at 7 -10 am.

I think I read that he just moved to Worcester in March or May of 2016. I'll have to find the quote.

And I just posted that I do think he targeted her specifically. A witness saw his car there at 12:45, before VM even left her house. It obviously wasn't really broken down so I think he was just waiting for her. Like you said, he had probably noticed her running in the past and estimated a timeframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does seem possible to me that he had seen VM on his Saturday route, and was aiming for her specifically. It's equally possible, in my mind, that he was driving by at the same time that she happened to be there ( so I always wondered how this would work considering that she was only visible on the road for approximately 10 minutes before she would have came upon his vehicle at that location ).

in the article it does mention that his route was between 4 AM and 11 AM. Based on a review of her previous mapped runs, she did often run during that window. Often at 7 -10 am.
I think he stalked the area and knew that a certain type of women jogged at a particular time of day there and he had his kit and was ready. I believe Vanessa happened to be the unlucky woman that day.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I think I read that he just moved to Worcester in March or May of 2016. I'll have to find the quote.

And I just posted that I do think he targeted her specifically. A witness saw his car there at 12:45, before VM even left her house. It obviously wasn't really broken down so I think he was just waiting for her. Like you said, he had probably noticed her running in the past and estimated a timeframe.

The article I think you're referencing simply was talking about his current apartment, and him having move there about six months ago. It didn't specify where he was living before, but I suspect it was near that area. Hunch only.

I think he was waiting for her.
The reason I say that is because he was seen parked with the hood up at noon. She didn't leave the house until one oclock or so.
Still trying to figure out how he knew she would be there at that time, if he saw her running in the morning previously, unless he was stalking her or on weekends.

The reason I say that is because he was seen parked with the hood up at noon. She didn't leave the house until one oclock or so.
Still trying to figure out how he knew she would be there at that time, if he saw her running in the morning previously, unless he was stalking her or on weekends.

Full analysis of his cell phone will probably shed some light on these questions.

In the Telegram article put in here, it says Trooper Parr who noticed him was actually transporting DNA samples on this case at the time that he saw him?

but how far is Worcester? perps drive places out of their zone to commit crimes all the time.

After the police released the information that this person was Hispanic, suspect pool dwindled to about a dozen people. Maybe less. You have to know Princeton to understand what I mean. Theres virtually no diversity here. Had this been worcester, I'd agree with you. But it wasn't. It was Princeton. UnFortunately for law-enforcement even though it would've been really easy for someone to say hey I worked with a Hispanic guy who actually made some inappropriate sexual comments when I saw him periodically in Princeton, nobody did that.

The article I think you're referencing simply was talking about his current apartment, and him having move there about six months ago. It didn't specify where he was living before, but I suspect it was near that area. Hunch only.

Nope - I found it. The Leominster Sentinel says he moved to Worcester in May 2016. It doesn't say where he lived before then but the quote is ""born in Puerto Rico and moved to Worcester in May 2016, his defense attorney said."

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...vanessa-marcottes-murder-held-10-million-cash

he could not have been hired by fedex without a MA DL. I think they were saying that they were investigating his identity based on his PR DL that was issued in 14, not that was his only DL. driving jobs like fedex run your DL. they would know if he had one and if he didn't, he wouldn't have been hired.

I'm still wondering how he worked (drove) for fedex with a PR drivers license for almost a year, he could fill out the application for the job but couldn't go to dmv/mva to get Mass license. Jmo

The thought of him being broke down for real did cross my mind, and got his car running just as she was walking down BSR, but then I wondered why he would be in Princeton on a Sunday. That's what makes me think she was the target.

Rocky, I agree. His timing seems too perfect to be random. Also, as discussed at length many pages ago, it was a hot sunny day so mid-afternoon would not be an ideal time for folks to be out walking/running.

Interesting article about serial rapists and a quote by former Manhattan Sex Crimes Prosecutor Linda Fairstein: "Some rapists target women they've met
(even briefly) and commit a single crime
with little premeditation, but serial
rapists are another breed. Typically
intelligent, normal-seeming men,
who often have a wife or girlfriend
and a demeanor that lets them blend
into their communities, they're known
for their methodical preparation, their
practiced ability to home in on vulnerable
strangers, and the compulsive,
recurrent nature of their attacks."
"Experienced cops lectured me
about this kind of predator: how he
meticulously plans his attacks, waiting
for the brief window of time when
his victim is isolated and often distracted
or focused on what she's
doing. Serial rapists, they taught me,
often operate in a comfort zone —
some preferring indoors to out, daytime
to night, but establishing an area
and approach they tend to stick to
that assures them of both access to
victims as well as an easy escape."

LINK: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/advice/a3528/how-serial-rapists-target-victims/

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Full analysis of his cell phone will probably shed some light on these questions.
True, and we know he was seen talking on his cell while standing next to the SUV.
Add that to the list of why this guy is dumb.
I see his defense lawyer has already got to work saying just because his phone was there doesn't mean he was.

he would not need to get one under a separate name, PR is an American territory.

Delivery driver makes perfect sense...

It does not matter what his race is, it is part of a description. No different then saying blonde hair, green eyes...It does not make one racist, it is about trying to apprehend a perpetrator. In this case, the description was that of a Hispanic male...

I hope LE videotaped all interactions with Colon (whatever he chooses to call himself). I do not believe that he needs an interpreter nor did he understand what was going on in terms of giving a sample of his DNA. I think the defense is going to play that for all its worth. I would also bet that the prosecution could find enough witness to verify he understands and is able to communicate in English. As for his PR drivers liscense, it is very possible he also has one in issued in MA under a different name (so he could gain employment).

As for charging him, they will most likely charge him on the lower counts until evidence comes back and then amend the charges to the higher counts. They will make sure they charge him on the lowest counts that ensure no bail.

In this case I have a gut feeling with the DNA there is a strong possibility that he might be linked to other crimes. I believe his attornies probably feel this is also a strong possibility and this is why they are fighting to have another lab test it and also contesting the admissibility of the test due to the issue of language barrier

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I think maybe the poster is referring to cold cases where DNA was entered, but there is no perp.

I agree with all of that except for the last part about the DNA. I don't see any chance of his DNA being on record with other cases because I would tend to believe that law-enforcement would already have made the connection between those cases and Vanessa's case (they already had his DNA from the scene- they didn't need to know who it came from to compare it with other cases). which would have provided evidence to leave them in Ortiz's direction. I don't think this guys DNA is documented in any other case or at least not in any local case.

I think this guy FOR SURE date raped...

I agree with you that Vanessa's brutal rape and murder was likely not his first crime. Possibly it may have been the first time he escalated to murder. I strongly suspect he raped in MA and Puerto Rico before. Does anyone know where he lived in PR? The facial composite I posted earlier of the Santurce, PR rapist looks similar to Ortiz.

Moo

I agree with you that Vanessa's brutal rape and murder was likely not his first crime. Possibly it may have been the first time he escalated to murder. I strongly suspect he raped in MA and Puerto Rico before. Does anyone know where he lived in PR? The facial composite I posted earlier of the Santurce, PR rapist looks similar to Ortiz.

I noted one of the charges was assault with intent to rape, but there was no actual rape charge. My hope is she fought him and he wasn't able to rape her.

Interesting article about serial rapists and a quote by former Manhattan Sex Crimes Prosecutor Linda Fairstein: "Some rapists target women they've met
(even briefly) and commit a single crime
with little premeditation, but serial
rapists are another breed. Typically
intelligent, normal-seeming men,
who often have a wife or girlfriend
and a demeanor that lets them blend
into their communities, they're known
for their methodical preparation, their
practiced ability to home in on vulnerable
strangers, and the compulsive,
recurrent nature of their attacks."
"Experienced cops lectured me
about this kind of predator: how he
meticulously plans his attacks, waiting
for the brief window of time when
his victim is isolated and often distracted
or focused on what she's
doing. Serial rapists, they taught me,
often operate in a comfort zone —
some preferring indoors to out, daytime
to night, but establishing an area
and approach they tend to stick to
that assures them of both access to
victims as well as an easy escape."

LINK: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/advice/a3528/how-serial-rapists-target-victims/

JMO

If you were to pick one, which would it be?

Ummm.

Regarding our former discussions about the postal worker. I just read the article myself.

She actually said. And please note that this is in quotes. As in these are HER OWN WORDS.
(Regarding Ortiz) "I was on guard at all times and he was just very creepy"

How can anyone defend her not thinking back on this guy ????

And as far as her not working there anymore-

She EXPLICITY STATES THAT THE KILLING WAS THE REASON SHE QUIT HER JOB AND MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510