MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm.

Regarding our former discussions about the postal worker. I just read the article myself.

She actually said. And please note that this is in quotes. As in these are HER OWN WORDS.
(Regarding Ortiz) "I was on guard at all times and he was just very creepy"

How can anyone defend her not thinking back on this guy ????

And as far as her not working there anymore-

She EXPLICITY STATES THAT THE KILLING WAS THE REASON SHE QUIT HER JOB AND MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 100% with you on this one. I'm really trying not to think about the "what ifs" but as a local, female, jogger this article drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every state that i have lived in (4) you are required to get their DL within 30 days of moving there. With him being a driver it's more surprising, PR does not require auto insurance not sure how that works once moved to mainland. Jmo

Delivery driver makes perfect sense...

It does not matter what his race is, it is part of a description. No different then saying blonde hair, green eyes...It does not make one racist, it is about trying to apprehend a perpetrator. In this case, the description was that of a Hispanic male...

I hope LE videotaped all interactions with Colon (whatever he chooses to call himself). I do not believe that he needs an interpreter nor did he understand what was going on in terms of giving a sample of his DNA. I think the defense is going to play that for all its worth. I would also bet that the prosecution could find enough witness to verify he understands and is able to communicate in English. As for his PR drivers liscense, it is very possible he also has one in issued in MA under a different name (so he could gain employment).

As for charging him, they will most likely charge him on the lower counts until evidence comes back and then amend the charges to the higher counts. They will make sure they charge him on the lowest counts that ensure no bail.

In this case I have a gut feeling with the DNA there is a strong possibility that he might be linked to other crimes. I believe his attornies probably feel this is also a strong possibility and this is why they are fighting to have another lab test it and also contesting the admissibility of the test due to the issue of language barrier

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I hate to judge a book by it's cover, but, I see madness in this guys eyes.
To break the bones in her neck as he was killing her, he must have been enraged.
I know many may think shoot this guy and save the taxpayers money.
I say spend all my taxpayer money that you want on this guy,
One reason is because I do believe that no matter who you are , everyone deserves a fair trial.
The other reason is because if he was too "afraid" to step inside that courtroom. it will be a pleasure to see the look of fear when/if he is convicted.
I keep thinking of how "afraid" Vanessa was when this creep was sucking the life out of her.
Justice for all.

I am 100% with you on this one. I'm really trying not to think about the "what ifs" but as a local, female, jogger this article drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. this person had information. She was WELL AWARE of the crime to the point that she changed her entire life because of it. She knows of a creepy guy fitting the subject discription and says NOTHING? I would keep shaking my head but It actually just fell off.

You said upstream you're not blaming her and that word was specifically not what was happening (i.e. blame). No need to defend her if she's not being blamed.

You omitted key information about the article which significantly undermined your stance about the situaion.

Agree to disagree with you in this thing. But after reading the article and seeing what it ACTUALLY said, I felt I had to round out the discussion with the relevant information.

So she is to blame for not being the one to recognize this guy and link him to the murder?

So she is to blame for not being the one to recognize this guy and link him to the murder?

She failed her civic duty to be vigilant and notify police of her interactions with this "VERY CREEPY" Hispanic man.

Please also remember that she didn't hesitate to weigh in once he was identified and captured.

So yea, I'm my eyes, she failed on that one. Doesn't mean she was the only one. But it seems really obvious to me that under the circumstances in this case she should have said something.

She failed her civic duty to be vigilant and notify police of her interactions with this "VERY CREEPY" Hispanic man.

What about the postmaster of that location. She was also talked about by this creepy guy. Did she fail her civic duty?

BTW, I just looked up "civic duty" to make sure I wasn't confused about it and what it entails. Nothing said about vigilance or reporting a guy's inappropriate and creepy remarks to police, nor any duty about remembering a creepy guy and later figuring out he matched a description of the perp, released 6 months after the murder.

Civic Duties:

- obeying laws
- serving on juries
- paying taxes to the government
- voting in elections
- doing volunteer work.

Please also remember that she didn't hesitate to weigh in once he was identified and captured.

So yea, I'm my eyes, she failed on that one. Doesn't mean she was the only one. But it seems really obvious to me that under the circumstances in this case she should have said something.
Disagree. Sorry. There are many creepy men out there (I come into contact on a daily basis in NYC) I'm not going to call LE for each one.

I don't think she is to blame. And to say she failed to be vigilant, is very unfair.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What about the postmaster of that location. She was also talked about by this creepy guy. Did she fail her civic duty?

BTW, I just looked up "civic duty" to make sure I wasn't confused about it, and I'm not.

Civic Duties:

- obeying laws
- serving on juries
- paying taxes to the government
- voting in elections
- doing volunteer work.

Ok you got me on Symantecs. Civic isn't technically correct. She failed to be a good steward of the community and rack her brain for useful information that She had whilst the police pleaded for any scrap the public could offer.

Honestly, I'm not sure why we are even speaking about the postmaster/worker. Regardless of what they didn't do in your eyes, they are not the reason why Vanessa is not here right now. The perp is the only reason. Can we move away please from placing fault on these woman????? It's getting ridiculous.

3a2cbc595545a2e44743ff42bb7d73c0.jpg

His shirt does say "Army"

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. this person had information. She was WELL AWARE of the crime to the point that she changed her entire life because of it. She knows of a creepy guy fitting the subject discription and says NOTHING? I would keep shaking my head but It actually just fell off.
What about the other 100 people along his route?
She moved because of the murder, not because of the Fed-x driver.
I'd be willing to bet that the thought of moving entered many peoples mind in that small town.

Honestly, I'm not sure why we are even speaking about the postmaster/worker. Regardless of what they didn't do in your eyes, they are not the reason why Vanessa is not here right now. The perp is the only reason. Can we move away please from placing fault on these woman????? It's getting ridiculous.

It's not pointless. There is a lesson here. A very important lesson. It's called IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!! And believe it or not- I DID NOT MAKE IT UP!

And now the defense lawyer is already preparing to get the DNA evidence thrown out on the assumption that the perp didn't understand what the LEO was asking for when he got the buccal swab. Already!
I've heard all the arguments for having defense lawyers, but I cannot fathom a defense lawyer who would KNOW from DNA evidence that the killer is guilty and STILL tries his darnedest to get the killer set free. How do these people sleep at night? I'll tell you how - they've never been the victim of a violent crime. That's how.
It's one thing to defend innocence. It's inexcusable to defend evil so it can continue.

3a2cbc595545a2e44743ff42bb7d73c0.jpg

His shirt does say "Army"

I have another interesting photo to post beside this- how do i do it?

And now the defense lawyer is already preparing to get the DNA evidence thrown out on the assumption that the perp didn't understand what the LEO was asking for when he got the buccal swab. Already!
I've heard all the arguments for having defense lawyers, but I cannot fathom a defense lawyer who would KNOW from DNA evidence that the killer is guilty and STILL tries his darnedest to get the killer set free. How do these people sleep at night? I'll tell you how - they've never been the victim of a violent crime. That's how.
It's one thing to defend innocence. It's inexcusable to defend evil so it can continue.

I'm
NOt religious but AMEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members