MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This photograph shows the area of the scene of the Northborough attempted abduction- Lyman street near the railroad tracks and Talbot Rd intersection. It also shows something else. Possibly coincidence , but possibly significant. That large building at the upper right? Yep. That's a huge FED EX Center ! Immediately adjacent to the crime scene.
f154d0cea9d5317af272d2736e8e70a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't followed the other abductions too close, but one thing I did notice, that one of them was near a road that was blocked off, almost like he had a plan to drag the victim there.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND. this person had information. She was WELL AWARE of the crime to the point that she changed her entire life because of it. She knows of a creepy guy fitting the subject discription and says NOTHING? I would keep shaking my head but It actually just fell off.

I'm thinking it was just a jobby job and it wasn't a life change. There is also a far cry between a catcaller and a murderous rapist, this chick holds no responsibility here. She didn't put 2 and 2 together

obviously not, since I know of at least two Latino ppl who worked there.

Anyone paying any attention at all would see this whole thing as an anomaly in Princeton and it would be something that should raise an eyebrow. Its Not New York City. Not even close. Nothing but purebred white folks up there.

I've said my peace.

I Want to post a photo that will change direction of conversation- can you help me with that ?

both hoods being up deserves a second look. the sketch itself looks like a younger guy, but sketches aren't always accurate.

cc3f04d305dae60e5ab32a8d26c750ae.jpg
26f7a98f7fbffdc783f17a50e5e60df0.jpg

What does everyone think about a comparison to the northborough suspect sketch?

cc3f04d305dae60e5ab32a8d26c750ae.jpg
26f7a98f7fbffdc783f17a50e5e60df0.jpg

What does everyone think about a comparison to the northborough suspect sketch?

Definitely think they look similar enough to be worth looking into. And I'm fairly certain that the description of the Northborough attacker said "Hispanic male" which the sketch is not super clear on. Although, if I remember correctly the Northborough attacker had a car, not an SUV, and an accomplice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

both hoods being up deserves a second look. the sketch itself looks like a younger guy, but sketches aren't always accurate.

I agree the sketch looks younger.

What of the FedEx facility right next to the crime scene? Coincidence?

Definitely think they look similar enough to be worth looking into. And I'm fairly certain that the description of the Northborough attacker said "Hispanic male" which the sketch is not super clear on. Although, if I remember correctly the Northborough attacker had a car, not an SUV, and an accomplice?

You are correct on all accounts. Maybe it was the other guy's car. It was described as a small dark car. Wouldn't seem to indicate a Ford Escape. But based on the hood, a general likeness of sketch, and oddly a mega FedEx facility right at the northborough scene. I think we need to check mr Ortiz phone records for this day.

You are correct on all accounts. Maybe it was the other guy's car. It was described as a small dark car. Wouldn't seem to indicate a Ford Escape. But based on the hood, a general likeness of sketch, and oddly a mega FedEx facility right at the northborough scene. I think we need to check mr Ortiz phone records for this day.
I'd be willing to bet his phone records have been checked by now.
The day after VM was killed, during the very first press conference, a woman asked the DA if he thought these crimes were connected. I am sure LE has been wondering too.

I agree the sketch looks younger.

What of the FedEx facility right next to the crime scene? Coincidence?

You might be on to something. That's a Fed Ex Smartpost facility. From some quick research, they work with the US postal Service on residential deliveries. So, a driver would deliver packages from that warehouse to local post offices rather than doing direct home deliveries. The post office then completes the delivery. That sounds similar to the work that the suspect was doing with the Princeton post office.

mOO

I think the sketch has a resemblance to VMs killer. Sketches are definetly not accurate. The person who gave details to the artist most likely had a fast quick look. I'm curious now if the person who reported this guy can now say if it is the same guy who they have for VM murder.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You might be on to something. That's a Fed Ex Smartpost facility. From some quick research, they work with the US postal Service on residential deliveries. So, a driver would deliver packages from that warehouse to local post offices rather than doing direct home deliveries. The post office then completes the delivery. That sounds similar to the work that the suspect was doing with the Princeton post office.

mOO

And Fed Ex Smartpost utilizes third party drivers - which is how fed Ex described their relationship with VMs killer.

Why does the guy have to be working on that particular day for you to make the connection ? we are talking about a rude Hispanic individual making sexual comments. You know he is sometimes in the area and you know he would be familiar with the roads. I think a delivery driver would fit that description pretty obviously. again I guess my problem is I just have too much faith that common sense is common.

Catching up on this afternoon's posts now. Others may disagree with you, but I am totally with you. In fact, as as soon as I read the post about the post office interactions (before I got to your first reaction), I had the SAME reaction.

1. The postal employees should have complained to FedEx way back -- as soon as the monster started making sexual comments in front of them. You better believe I would -- and the very FIRST time because I'd not want to be subject to that crap and I'd not want anyone else to be either. FedEx would have taken those complaints very seriously.

2. The PO employees -- not just the one -- should have made the connection at least once LE gave the description in February. I mean come on...Princeton is a tiny town population-wise and very very white. And then it comes out that a Hispanic/Latino guy killed Vanessa and these PO employees have been made to feel very uncomfortable bec a Hispanic male working in their TINY town for FedEx is making sexual comments about them?! Get real. I'm not faulting just the one PO employee as that would be unfair, but I am faulting them as a group. They should have suspected even before the description was released. Granted, there are a fair number of sick men out there that rape women, BUT not many of them are that blatant about things. Certainly, a male who is representing his business and is making these types of comments is atypical even for this group. Most would know not to jeopardize their jobs.

And you're right, FM, about it doesn't matter if he worked on Sun. Not even the dumbest guy would commit such an act when he was tooling around in his FedEx vehicle!

Poor Vanessa. This monster knew women ran along BSR, so he was waiting...and hoping. God, I only wish Mass had a death penalty. With you on that one, too, FM.

I think the sketch has a resemblance to VMs killer. Sketches are definetly not accurate. The person who gave details to the artist most likely had a fast quick look. I'm curious now if the person who reported this guy can now say if it is the same guy who they have for VM murder.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
I agree that sketches are not accurate.
The reason I think they do not look alike, is
The chin is triangle shaped as opposed to the fatter cheeks on the suspect (now defendant)
The ears are more pointed outwards in the sketch.
The hairline is not as receding in the sketch.
The only two things I see that do match, is the curly hair, and the neck.

Catching up on this afternoon's posts now. Others may disagree with you, but I am totally with you. In fact, as as soon as I read the post about the post office interactions (before I got to your first reaction), I had the SAME reaction.

1. The postal employees should have complained to FedEx way back -- as soon as the monster started making sexual comments in front of them. You better believe I would -- and the very FIRST time because I'd not want to be subject to that crap and I'd not want anyone else to be either. FedEx would have taken those complaints very seriously.

2. The PO employees -- not just the one -- should have made the connection at least once LE gave the description in February. I mean come on...Princeton is a tiny town population-wise and very very white. And then it comes out that a Hispanic/Latino guy killed Vanessa and these PO employees have been made to feel very uncomfortable bec a Hispanic male working in their TINY town for FedEx is making sexual comments about them?! Get real. I'm not faulting just the one PO employee as that would be unfair, but I am faulting them as a group. They should have suspected even BEFORE the description was released. Granted, there are a fair number of sick men out there that rape women, BUT not many of them are that blatant about things. Certainly, a male who is representing his business and is making these types of comments is atypical even for this group. Most would know not to jeopardize their jobs.

Thank you searunner. People who've never been to Princeton can't comprehend how much this guy should have stood out ! There's just no reasonable excuse.

And Fed Ex Smartpost utilizes third party drivers - which is how fed Ex described their relationship with VMs killer.

Great research kayak! One article mentioned that his usual routes were 4am to 11am. I will double check on northboro timeline but I believe it may have been around 11 Am. Perhaps he was leaving work?

2. The PO employees -- not just the one -- should have made the connection at least once LE gave the description in February. I mean come on...Princeton is a tiny town population-wise and very very white. And then it comes out that a Hispanic/Latino guy killed Vanessa and these PO employees have been made to feel very uncomfortable bec a Hispanic male working in their TINY town for FedEx is making sexual comments about them?! Get real. I'm not faulting just the one PO employee as that would be unfair, but I am faulting them as a group. They should have suspected even before the description was released. Granted, there are a fair number of sick men out there that rape women, BUT not many of them are that blatant about things. Certainly, a male who is representing his business and is making these types of comments is atypical even for this group. Most would know not to jeopardize their jobs.

And you're right, FM, about it doesn't matter if he worked on Sun. Not even the dumbest guy would commit such an act when he was tooling around in his FedEx vehicle!

Poor Vanessa. This monster knew women ran along BSR, so he was waiting...and hoping. God, I only wish Mass had a death penalty. With you on that one, too, FM.

With all due respect, they didn't make the connection and that horse has been beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member