MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think she may have embellished or exaggerated her story and why she left purely for the media?
Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hope not, i'd like her much less. But I agree on the new topic switch. More to gain discussing northborough.

Are you using the web-based site or Tapatalk app?

Someone. (Already forget who- whoever it was thanks very much for the info and private message! ). Pointed me to the app and I've sorted it out now

Are you using the web-based site or Tapatalk app?

Sorry about that- I see you figured out the pic issue :)

After looking at the sketches closer, No, they don't look alike at all.

The sketch has more pronounced ears that stick out and "shorter face". Then again I'm not a professional. :)

Do you see any similarities?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 88
Question: if they conducted an inquiry of any cell phone activity in the area between 1-4 pm and if it turned out he suspect's profile/phone was a hit, does that provide enough reason to question him? In other words could they have known he was perhaps their guy from cell records, but needed to concoct the story of LE spotting him?

It does strike me as extremely unlikely a LE scribbles his tags on his hand. Don't get me wrong, if it were indeed exactly what happened, that would be incredible. But I just wonder if there is a backstory.

Early, the DA, really annoys me. I am sure many in LE would share my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fair enough. I do value your opinions it's just that we went in circles all afternoon and didn't want to repeat that, I feel it distracted. But if you want to carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. That only went in circles for an hour or so.
Last winter, FM and I went back and forth for about a week putting VMs cell phone location under the microscope.
I can only speak for myself, but I enjoy being open to other peoples opinions.
I said the first week I posted here that although I don't drink much, I hope some day when this is all over that we can all sit down and have a beer.
Who knows, Maybe FM and I will have one together!
It's all good.

I'm thinking it was just a jobby job and it wasn't a life change. There is also a far cry between a catcaller and a murderous rapist, this chick holds no responsibility here. She didn't put 2 and 2 together

I honestly don't know if I buy into her story of Vanessa's murder as her reason for quitting and moving out of town. I agree with you and I think our time is better spent moving away from the postal worker.

Sorry for my string of random posts - I thought I was replying to comments. I finally downloaded Tapatalk.

I live 2 hours away. But I can guarantee you that if I saw this guy driving a FedEx truck through town that I would have. Profiled the police about it.

You have to realize that the guy fits the description perfectly. Not just that's he's Hispanic. But that he's of an athletic build around 30 years old.

The postal worker exclaimed that she "recognized him immediately". Which to me shows an obvious familiarity with him and his appearance. Was she not aware of the suspect discription somehow?

If someone asked her a month ago after one of his sexually inappropriate visits "hey, do you think Angel could be the killer?" Could she have answered that question with 100% certainty that he wasn't? If there was even a micro fraction of a suspicion then police shouldve been told. As I understand it, there was not. And, everyone's entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that police should have been.made aware of a FedEx driver fitting the discription by SOMEONE who dealt with him regularly. If not this particular woman, then by god someone else there who saw him. I'm just generally disappointed that people aren't more aware of their surroundings. Everyone's buried in their phones. It's the ME show in america now with Facebook and the like. People are just getting duller by the minute.

I will have to disagree. Basically LE should have found all Hispanics that come and go to Princeton and questioned them. If there's not that many this would be easy. But that's racial profiling. Just because these woman deal with the perp does not mean that that was their inital thought. Just because you do not come across many hispanics in the area, perhaps these ladies did. You can't put blame on them. Or anyone who received a FedEx package from this guy. That is unfair.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

That's not racial profiling. It would be racial profiling *before* LE knew they were looking for a Hispanic male. Once tha info is know, narrowing your suspect pool is called smart LE work - even common sense.

Say for instance, I lived in a town comprised of 95% men and the surrounding area was also comprised of 95% men (I'd have to be crazy, but let's go with it!), and it was determined (eyewitness + DNA, same as this case) that a woman committed a murder in town. Well, of course, I'd expect that LE would question me and ask others in town about ANY woman who worked in town or had reason to be in town around the time of the murder. This is not "gender profiling" -- it's a common sense.

Great research kayak! One article mentioned that his usual routes were 4am to 11am. I will double check on northboro timeline but I believe it may have been around 11 Am. Perhaps he was leaving work?

The FedEx home delivery job requirements I posted earlier today was actually a 3rd party company but they required the clean driving record, background check, and license as FedEx requires. Somehow I think Ortiz managed to stay off LE radar and has gotten away with crimes on the past (hence no records) until now.

Moo

I believe your frustration is misplaced. As pointed out by Madeline74, the description was not made public until late Feb. We now know that the witness described the suspect as "having tan skin" and "might be Hispanic." The witness also identified the dark SUV as being a Ford Escape. Although the prosecutor did not state when the witness came forward, I think it is safe to say it was soon after the crime.

Why was this information not released to the public in Aug or Sep? Given the dearth of Hispanic men in Princeton, I bet someone would have made the connection then. Especially if this guy is as creepy as suggested.

I am fully supportive of LE (my SO is one and I work in the field), but I sometimes wonder about the motives of elected DA's. I hate to say it, but I have a nagging feeling that the DA chose to withhold the description because of the heated political climate last summer/fall: he didn't want to feed into the frenzy.

I am all for the public supporting LE, but in this case LE (or the DA to be exact) did not give them the tools.

I am frustrated that the DA chose not to release Parabon Lab's DNA phenotype snapshot composite in February. I hope the DA had a good reason for that.

Moo

Question: if they conducted an inquiry of any cell phone activity in the area between 1-4 pm and if it turned out he suspect's profile/phone was a hit, does that provide enough reason to question him? In other words could they have known he was perhaps their guy from cell records, but needed to concoct the story of LE spotting him?

It does strike me as extremely unlikely a LE scribbles his tags on his hand. Don't get me wrong, if it were indeed exactly what happened, that would be incredible. But I just wonder if there is a backstory.

Question him, or arrest him?
They can question anyone that they want to for any reason. That doesn't mean anyone has to answer the questions.
Having said that, I don't think LE would waste much time unless they had something fairly solid to go on.
So for example, if the phone hit once at 12.45, they may see that as a passing motorist, but if the same phone is constently hitting at different times from the same location, maybe they'd look more into that.
We know now that his cell phone was in the area at the time of the crime. I am not sure if they determined that before, or after he was arrested.

What about knowing that he was a Hispanic man driving a dark Ford Escape? Do you think LE could have gotten a list of Ford Escapes from the DMV and slowly just scoped them out? I have no idea how on-the-ground police work actually works but that tip about the vehicle was one of their best leads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The FedEx home delivery job requirements I posted earlier today was actually a 3rd party company but they required the clean driving record, background check, and license as FedEx requires. Somehow I think Ortiz managed to stay off LE radar and has gotten away with crimes on the past (hence no records) until now.

Moo

Well his luck ran out! Thankfully.

Idk that he has committed crimes of this magnitude, i DO believe we will find accounts of him being creepy and domineering and I am betting he has a history of either rough sex or unreported date rape. I think he didn't expect her vigorous counter attack and just got lucky. My armchair musings.

What about knowing that he was a Hispanic man driving a dark Ford Escape? Do you think LE could have gotten a list of Ford Escapes from the DMV and slowly just scoped them out? I have no idea how on-the-ground police work actually works but that tip about the vehicle was one of their best leads.

I think it happened the way they said it did.
The cop was focused because he was assigned to work the case.
Unlike the public, he had a picture of his face from Parabon "snapshot"
Unlike the public, he had a make and model of the SUV.
Luck played the rest of the part.. right timing, right location, happened to be looking at him at the time he passed etc.
Another thing we don't know is, he may have been staring at the cop, knowing he was being sought after,raising more suspicion.

I live 2 hours away. But I can guarantee you that if I saw this guy driving a FedEx truck through town that I would have. Profiled the police about it.

You have to realize that the guy fits the description perfectly. Not just that's he's Hispanic. But that he's of an athletic build around 30 years old.

The postal worker exclaimed that she "recognized him immediately". Which to me shows an obvious familiarity with him and his appearance. Was she not aware of the suspect discription somehow?

If someone asked her a month ago after one of his sexually inappropriate visits "hey, do you think Angel could be the killer?" Could she have answered that question with 100% certainty that he wasn't? If there was even a micro fraction of a suspicion then police shouldve been told. As I understand it, there was not. And, everyone's entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that police should have been.made aware of a FedEx driver fitting the discription by SOMEONE who dealt with him regularly. If not this particular woman, then by god someone else there who saw him. I'm just generally disappointed that people aren't more aware of their surroundings. Everyone's buried in their phones. It's the ME show in america now with Facebook and the like. People are just getting duller by the minute.

With all due respect, they didn't make the connection and that horse has been beaten

How dare you talk to me like that. Not surprised though, as I saw the same type of comments to someone else.

You may have beat that horse to death, but some us were working away this afternoon and not going back and forth on this thread. So while it may seem beat to death to folks posting back and forth all afternoon, no topic is beat to death in one afternoon for most of us.

That said, I have every RIGHT to post my opinion on a topic that I have not weighed in on. Not only did I want to post my opinion for the sake of weighing in, I wanted to support FM.

Moreover, I have been an active participant on this thread, as have many -- and many others have been following very closely and occasionally posting. (Glad to see you're back kayaker!). You have not. This doesn't mean you don't have the same rights to post your opinions as do the rest of us, BUT it makes you telling me that I can't weight in *once even* on a topic in the eve just several hours after that topic was beat to death by *some of you* more egregious.

Please do not address me or my comments going forward. I play well with others, but I don't take subpar treatment.

I think it happened the way they said it did.
The cop was focused because he was assigned to work the case.
Unlike the public, he had a picture of his face from Parabon "snapshot"
Unlike the public, he had a make and model of the SUV.
Luck played the rest of the part.. right timing, right location, happened to be looking at him at the time he passed etc.
Another thing we don't know is, he may have been staring at the cop, knowing he was being sought after,raising more suspicion.

Right - and even more than just having the "snapshot", LE had witness testimony describing his height, build, and hair cut (which admittedly could have changed but didn't).

With all the people that you speak to during the week, surely it won't be too hard to get a few people to verify that Ortiz can speak English.

Just praying that they executed the DNA collection "by the book". Surely they wouldn't stuff that up, would they? They're trained professionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist