Madeleine died 'after large sleeping pill overdose'

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were an actual smoking gun, there would be charges and arrests and extradition orders, so far there is not any of that.

Nobody is suggesting the teams are not credible. But, I am certainly suggesting the reporting or leaks are not all that credible.

The only thing that I am not convinced about this drug overdose theory is: IF they were giving Maddie pills/sedatives to sleep, how come the night before Mrs. Fenn heard her crying for 75 minutes and her parents had to return to the apartment because of it? If she was being "drugged" she should have no reason to get up at all!

I'd like to address your questions, I think they are valuable and the answers may surprise some people.

1) QUESTION: If they were giving Maddie pills/sedatives to sleep, how come the night before Mrs. Fenn heard her crying for 75 minutes and her parents had to return to the apartment because of it?

ANSWER: Maddie was experiencing what is called a paradoxical reaction to the pills/sedatives she was given. Some children, when given sedatives in NORMAL doses, experience the exact opposite effect. Instead of becoming calm and sleepy, they become combative and stimulated. Hence the 75 minutes of crying and allegations that Dr/Mrs McCann was physical with Maddie. Children undergoing this type of reaction typically thrash and are very difficult to comfort.

The very next night Dr/Mrs McCann increases the dose, she's a GP and NOT a pediatrician, she did what seemed logical but deadly to Madeleine. She upped the dose to toxic levels, she put her sleep alright. Deadly sleep

I just heard on Nancy Grace's show that the police want Mrs. McCann BACK in Portugal right away and that police in the UK have served a warrant to seize his computer, her diary and the toys they wanted.

You know, I have been fairly well in the "parents did it" camp all along. However, I question this latest information on how they would know Maddie died of an overdose of a lot of sleeping pills, since there has been no body found.

I don't know why, this latest story just seems a bit implausible to me.

It's the only one I have seen them smile in. No point in trying to make the twins happy and normal when you are constantly doom and gloom. Certain things you have to do for the other children.

I am sure at this point they have wrapped their heads around it to a certain extent. I am willing to bet it's been a little while since they couldn't even laugh at a funny joke.

If they are proved to be guilty of her murder, I will be calling for them to be hung, drawn and quartered, believe me. I just cannot condemn them for smiling.

BREFIE!!!

Seriously...you haven't seen this????? http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1267634-1,00.html

These pics were taken May 27th!!

The Daily Mail messed up when they indicated that that pic was taken "yesterday".

Siren, that's an excellent theory. If they administered sedatives to all of the children the night Madeleine cried for 75 minutes, that could explain why the twins slept through it all. Otherwise it would have been hard for them to sleep through, not just for the noise but also because she likely would have been thrashing about.

Siren, good points! Food for thought. Brefie:
If there were an actual smoking gun, there would be charges and arrests and extradition orders, so far there is not any of that.
Maybe they are gathering REAL and BIG evidence that will put the couple in prison for a VERY long time. ;) I think the PJ is being wise and their moves are being planned, they know the whole world is watching.

BREFIE!!!

Seriously...you haven't seen this????? http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,30000-1267634-1,00.html

These pics were take May 27th!!

The Daily Mall messed up when they indicated that that pic was taken "yesterday".

My bad. It doesn't bode well.

It doesn't change my overall opinion that they didn't kill Madeleine, but I have to say, it does not look good.

I cannot defend their every single move, nor would I want to. It disgusts me that they would leave those kids alone, but it will take solid proof of murder to make me think they killed her.

CRAP PARENTS OF THE STUPID KIND - Fo sho!

Pathologist just said that they COULD test the DNA sample to see if there was a sedative given to the child, but NOT the AMOUNT of sedatives given. However, if that was indeed the cause of death, we'd have to assume that the amount was too much.

My bad. It doesn't bode well.

It doesn't change my overall opinion that they didn't kill Madeleine, but I have to say, it does not look good.

I cannot defend their every single move, nor would I want to. It disgusts me that they would leave those kids alone, but it will take solid proof of murder to make me think they killed her.

CRAP PARENTS OF THE STUPID KIND - Fo sho!

You crack me up!!! LOL

I am truly not so blind, even tho I am on the NG for right now. I cannot stress enough that I am not 'pro McCann', I just don't believe in their guilt right now. I am upfront and center condemning them for the crappy parenting decisions they made and for things that do not paint them in a positive light. But if Gerry McCann cussed in front of his kids 24/7 it does not make him a murderer. IT makes him a total , but not a killer.

I just wanted to point that out :)

I love y'all

I'd like to address your questions, I think they are valuable and the answers may surprise some people.

1) QUESTION: If they were giving Maddie pills/sedatives to sleep, how come the night before Mrs. Fenn heard her crying for 75 minutes and her parents had to return to the apartment because of it?

ANSWER: Maddie was experiencing what is called a paradoxical reaction to the pills/sedatives she was given. Some children, when given sedatives in NORMAL doses, experience the exact opposite effect. Instead of becoming calm and sleepy, they become combative and stimulated. Hence the 75 minutes of crying and allegations that Dr/Mrs McCann was physical with Maddie. Children undergoing this type of reaction typically thrash and are very difficult to comfort.

The very next night Dr/Mrs McCann increases the dose, she's a GP and NOT a pediatrician, she did what seemed logical but deadly to Madeleine. She upped the dose to toxic levels, she put her sleep alright. Deadly sleep

I agree. I had one daughter who as a child had a very weird reaction to Benadryl, we actually found her climbing the bunkbed in the middle of the night after a dose for a runny nose/cold. Now, as a teen, Benadryl knocks her out--but she has completely different hormones and metabolism working for her.

Kate was reportedly an anesthesiologist before she switched to the G/P part time job, but using a medicine without the weight charts--or perhaps with an undiagnosed allergy or heart condition, etc. in Maddie--that would spell disaster. Our current pediatrician has a phenomenal capacity to remember drugs, recent studies, dosages, and interactions--but he's uber geek in that respect. We've had others that would surreptitiously leave the room to check "the book" for the right dose for weight.

I am truly not so blind, even tho I am on the NG for right now. I cannot stress enough that I am not 'pro McCann', I just don't believe in their guilt right now. I am upfront and center condemning them for the crappy parenting decisions they made and for things that do not paint them in a positive light. But if Gerry McCann cussed in front of his kids 24/7 it does not make him a murderer. IT makes him a total , but not a killer.

I love y'all

No one says that you have to believe anything. I think that its fantastic that you're here to help us look at things from the other side of that fence!!

Pathologist just said that they COULD test the DNA sample to see if there was a sedative given to the child, but NOT the AMOUNT of sedatives given. However, if that was indeed the cause of death, we'd have to assume that the amount was too much.

Any sedatives found would prove the McCanns were lying when they said they never gave any kind of sedatives to their children. And if they are lying about that...why? and what else?

Any sedatives found would prove the McCanns were lying when they said they never gave any kind of sedatives to their children. And if they are lying about that...why? and what else?

EXACTLY!!!

I love y'all

I, for one, have always found you to be a most considerate poster and I absolutely adore you, you know that!

You stay right where you are, no stress, you question EVERYTHING, that's perfect and exactly what I need in order to "test my theories".

Thanks Brefie....
bighug.gif

No one says that you have to believe anything. I think that its fantastic that you're here to help us look at things from the other side of that fence!!

I will keep it up until I no longer believe it. I have no interest in saving face ever - especially in light of child killers.

I could turn out to be extremely naive...in which case I will provide the rotten fruit that you should throw at me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500