Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff at the holiday resort where three-year-old Madeleine McCann was snatched were warned two weeks ago of a suspicious man bothering children.

A mother who was at the Mark Warner complex in Praia da Luz, Portugal, today told how she raised the alarm after seeing the "weird" man loitering around apartments.

Amanda Mills said: "He was hiding in the shadow outside a ground floor flat yards from where Maddy's family were staying."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...e+warned+of+'weird'+man+in+shadows/article.do

What Amanda Mills has to say later in this article really makes me angry. angry with the authorities and the holiday centre.

Hope they get the witness in front of a sketch artist pronto.

Just wondering...Is this common in UK/Europe to leave small children alone while you go out to dinner?

Just wondering...Is this common in UK/Europe to leave small children alone while you go out to dinner?

No, not as far as i am aware.

Also, since they know when the wit was at the resort, they can contact other guests who were there in that time period to ask if they saw the suspicious man. If so, they can get descriptions from them as well.

They say on a a link on their home page, along with support for the McCann family, this:

If anyone has recently visited the Ocean Club, and believes they may have information that could be of use, please email this to customerservices@markwarner.co.uk. All information will be treated with the strictest confidence and no information, no matter how trivial you believe it might be, will be ignored.

Yeah welll, it shouldn't have been ignored the first time. That, I have a real hard time swallowing. Are the folks who run that resort so isolated and cosseted that they think they and their guests are safe from heinous crimes?

They say on a a link on their home page, along with support for the McCann family, this:

If anyone has recently visited the Ocean Club, and believes they may have information that could be of use, please email this to customerservices@markwarner.co.uk. All information will be treated with the strictest confidence and no information, no matter how trivial you believe it might be, will be ignored.

No, not as far as i am aware.

It is not common no. However they were yards from the bedroom, with the theory being that you don't sleep in the same room as your children, so they would be fine. The last case of UK child being abducted in Europe while on holiday, that I know of was some 16 years ago.

It is awful, but I do not think we should blame the parents. If I had children I would never leave them alone in a hotel room, but I read a lot of crime websites and am very paranoid!

Someone took the child while she slept. They broke into her bedroom and stole her. I'm afraid that it seems so well planned, that they would have taken the child, no matter what.

It seems that someone thought they actually saw maddy today but it proved to be a false alarm , how very sad for the parents .tonight at 10 on channel 3( those in england ) they are doing a programme on maddy and how she went missing .
Of what Ive seen so far the English media are totally blaming the police of the way its all been dealt with, such as letting cars and vans go past them on a road bloke as it was raining and the police were taking cover in their cars??? this was filmed for 40 mins . The police I think are actually getting annoyed with the british people for not believing in the way they operate , such as they can not use the media to help in the appeal ??? none of this makes sense to me , all I can say is each to there own . And lets continue praying for the return of this little one .

It sickened me to hear there might be a pedo ring there where they were vacationing. (Greta Van Susteran last night) I hope she's not being harmed in any way.

Praying for her swift return.

I hate to say this, but every day she is not found, I feel that the chances of her safe return decrease dramatically. This case is hurting my heart.

From the above article:
Correio da Manha also reported that the McCanns had left their children alone before during their holiday in the Algarve.
"Police have reconstructed the holiday routines of the McCanns and have come to the conclusion that the children were left alone on other occasions," the daily said.

I found this quite disturbing.... why were they leaving 2 year old twins and a 3 year old alone all the time?

From the above article:

I found this quite disturbing.... why were they leaving 2 year old twins and a 3 year old alone all the time?

I find it disturbing, too. I don't understand the logistics of this...I mean, there is no way I would have left my young children, as toddlers, sleeping alone in a strange environment like a hotel/resort while I went to eat, even if it was just downstairs. NO WAY. I wouldn't do it NOW, and the youngest is in 3rd grade. I'm very sorry for them now and I pray hard for Maddy's safe return, but I don't understand the leaving very, very young children alone like this.

Im Trying To Add This To My Emails But Having Trouble Doing So . tHE FAMILY ARE TRYING TO GET HER PICTURE OUT THERE.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 408
I find it disturbing, too. I don't understand the logistics of this...I mean, there is no way I would have left my young children, as toddlers, sleeping alone in a strange environment like a hotel/resort while I went to eat, even if it was just downstairs. NO WAY. I wouldn't do it NOW, and the youngest is in 3rd grade. I'm very sorry for them now and I pray hard for Maddy's safe return, but I don't understand the leaving very, very young children alone like this.

It does make you wonder if someone had been watching them and knew that they had made a habit of leaving the children to go out to dinner, etc. That would make the possible predator from before even more significant...maybe he watches on a regular basis and this opportunity was too much for him to pass up.

Praying for Maddie to be found soon!

Surely a couple of doctors could afford a babysitter, or even a nanny, and could even let them travel with them. When my ex-husband and I took our kids to Disney World we also took along his grandmother to baby-sit so we could have some time alone as well.

This sounds more organized than a pedo issue. Where this happened has been happening for years..Portugal and Spain. This little beauty was snatched the difference is her parents got it on the news media worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500