Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1283316,00.html

"...Detectives have told Sky News the investigation could take another year, and the couple could be called back to Portugal "at any time"....

A YEAR? I am having a hard time getting my brain around this one. IF the PE has anything of substance why would it take a freakin year!??

""Kate and Gerry will be returning home to the UK this morning as originally planned," Justine McGuiness said in a statement issued in the early hours of Sunday.

"It is emphasised that their return is with the full agreement of the Portuguese authorities and police," she said."

(http://uk.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUKL0637885520070909)

"originally planned"?? since when? It hasn't been mentioned before that they were coming back on Sunday...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=476245&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Here's an article from Aug that mentions their plans. It was also reported several places that they were planning on returning this weekend (before Kate was called in for questioning.)

But whether it was two and half or three hours during which they were alone with their children - how on earth could they have killed Maddie and disposed of the body in such a short time, having to carry her through a summer resort brimming with people? In May, it is still broad daylight at that time.
But even if they 'only' hid the body somewhere - where would they have done that? Weren't the whole premises searched after the missing alert, especially the McCanns' apartment?
And later, being under constant media surveillance, how could the McCanns have removed the body from its hiding place to dispose of it? The whole region was being searched at that time. Something just doesn't add up here imo.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/0909_maddie2.shtml

Precisely. This is the big problem with the 'McCanns did it' theory which has led to lots of fanciful suggestions that she was kept in a fridge or even dismembered and disposed of in parts.

When a child dies/disappears in suspicious circumstances the most likely explanation is a close relative or friend was responsible. The stranger kidnapping/murder is far less plausible. But in this case there are big problems with both theories. So I'm continuing to sit on the fence.

With two year old twins and a four year old, the only stroller likely to have been taken on holiday would be a double stroller--and why take that, if the twins were walking and in the creche most of the day? Extra luggage, extra cost, extra hassle. I've flown to Europe with a toddler and a lightweight stroller, and I was definitely not the average traveler in terms of take along equipment. If we don't have pictures of the McCanns with stroller/push chairs, then I think we can conclude they did not pack them as well.

There are several photos of the McCann's & the twins in their pushchair.

http://dm.anm.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=473408&in_page_id=1811

http://images.scotsman.com/2007/05/08/08madelineb.jpg

There has also been mention of a photo of the McCanns in the rental car with the pushchair in the back. I haven't seen this photo, but it would most assuredly lend credence to the transfer theory (for DNA). Perhaps someone has a link to this picture.

Look at the wheels of the pushcars in the photos. They are two different strollers.

~snip~
The McCanns claim to have arrived at the tapas bar at 8.30, but some of their friends say it was 9 pm.
But whether it was two and half or three hours during which they were alone with their children - how on earth could they have killed Maddie and disposed of the body in such a short time, having to carry her through a summer resort brimming with people? In May, it is still broad daylight at that time.
But even if they 'only' hid the body somewhere - where would they have done that? Weren't the whole premises searched after the missing alert, especially the McCanns' apartment?
And later, being under constant media surveillance, how could the McCanns have removed the body from its hiding place to dispose of it? The whole region was being searched at that time. Something just doesn't add up here imo. ~snip~

Imagine this....

Let's say that the sighting at the restaurant is true. That would mean she was last seen alive (on CCTV) at 6:30PM. Keep in mind though that this "sighting" as never been verified by law enforcement and we have never seen the video.

So the family is back in the apartment by 6:40 and the children are prepared for bed. Let's say group bath, or maybe not. Sedatives given? Maybe. Maddie, who was reported to have yelled for her father for hours on prior nights and was also reported to have escaped from the apartment and run off and hid for 1/2 an hour on another night, does not want her parents to leave. She resists, being dressed, taking a sedative, settling down, she hides in the apartment. Gerry, who is very much looking forward to their last night with friends, gets frustrated and angry. Here you imagine what you like, a physical accident, an overdose of sedatives.

It is approximately 7:00PM.

A plan is hatched, between Kate and Gerry only, and it is agreed that Gerry will take care of things in the apartment and the hiding of Maddie's body. Kate is to stay behind and settle the twins. He places her in one of their larger suitcases and takes it either to their rental car or he places a call to one of their friends. He explains that one of the kid is ill and he needs to borrow their car to drive to the pharmacy. They agree and lend him keys and he brings his own car, or the borrowed car, to the front of the apartment and the suitcase is loaded into the trunk. Even with lots of people around this is not going to look suspicious.

It is approximately 7:15PM.

Most of the reports have the McCanns arriving at the Tapas between 8:30 and 9:00 so he has between 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hour 45 mins to take a drive. As has been reported by our own eyes in PDL (MoonGoddess) there are many, many very remote places within 10 minutes. He could find a place, take her out of the trunk and out of the suitcase, hide her and then return by 8:00PM. That gives him 45 minutes. I think he could have accomplished this in 30 minutes.

The only part that doesn't "fit" with this is the detection of the cadaver scent in the apartment. I have seen reports that state a minimum of 1.5 hours after death before the scent can be detected. But I also saw where Olegario de Sousa of the PJ stated: "According to the information that I collected, that is the situation. Right after a human being stops living, as its vital functions cease, odors are set free, the body immediately enters the decomposition process, due to the various enzymes and other substances that are contained in the organism. In most cases, it takes hours or days for the body to release odor, for example, for a human being to detect. In the case of that dog, he doesn't need that amount of time, he can detect the smell in the first moments."

See: http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52538&page=3 (post #56)

So the minimum time that has been discussed in the past may not be accurate. Also I am not sure of the sighting at the restaurant so our window could open dramatically.

As far as the "search" that was conducted. It was primarily around the resort and close by. There is no way that the "whole region" was searched that night. Remember, the PJ was reluctant to even search that one small area of scrubland outlined in the psychic's letter. They believed the McCanns and thought they were dealing with an abduction and had sightings from other countries being reported. They did not have the resources to conduct a "region wide" search either.

Ok, pick it apart....please.

There are several photos of the McCann's & the twins in their pushchair.

http://dm.anm.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=473408&in_page_id=1811

http://images.scotsman.com/2007/05/08/08madelineb.jpg

There has also been mention of a photo of the McCanns in the rental car with the pushchair in the back. I haven't seen this photo, but it would most assuredly lend credence to the transfer theory (for DNA). Perhaps someone has a link to this picture.
Seems the pushchair would be big enough to put her body in and take to the ocean to dispose of her by whomever did this.

Look at the wheels of the pushcars in the photos. They are two different strollers.

Good catch! And in the photo of the first one versus the second one, notice that you can not see the children's feet hanging out from the bottom. Whoever or whatever is underneath is completely covered...

and was also reported to have escaped from the apartment and run off and hid for 1/2 an hour on another night

Is this true? I haven't read this before. If this is indeed true (or at least something the McCanns have said) then woudn't Kate have assumed that's what happened again, rather than yell "They took her!"

Also, is it a fact that cadaver dogs hit in the apartment (the first apartment, that is, as I'm seeing "Breaking News" now) Anyway, if cadaver dogs hit in the apartment, that implicates the McCanns without a doubt. If Maddie was dead in the apartment, she was dead at her parents' hand. Abductors do not kill, and then take the body and hide it.

I wish there were more FACTS known...

BTW, Heather, I like your theory....

Is this true? I haven't read this before. If this is indeed true (or at least something the McCanns have said) then woudn't Kate have assumed that's what happened again, rather than yell "They took her!"

Also, is it a fact that cadaver dogs hit in the apartment (the first apartment, that is, as I'm seeing "Breaking News" now) Anyway, if cadaver dogs hit in the apartment, that implicates the McCanns without a doubt. If Maddie was dead in the apartment, she was dead at her parents' hand. Abductors do not kill, and then take the body and hide it.

Exactly!! The "They've taken her" has always been in question. Here is the article that mentions the "hiding": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=474656&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

As far as "facts" go, nothing is certain except that she vanished. But, it has been reported by numerous sources that the cadaver dog hit on apartment 5A (where she vanished from), and on another apartment that the McCanns were staying in after 5A, and on Kate's clothes, her bible and on Cuddlecat, and now on another apartment (the Breaking News Thread) which the sniffer dogs tracked Maddies scent to on early morning May 4. Sniffer dogs are different than cadaver dogs. Sniffer dogs were used in the first few days and for searches of the area. The cadaver dogs did not show up until a couple of months later. The cadaver/blood dogs (Eddie and Keela) were from the UK, the best in the world. Eddie is the cadaver dog and Keela is the blood dog.

Hope that helps...

Thanks (about the theory)...it is still rough, needs fine tuning but until we have more facts....

Yes, Betsy. That's why it hasn't set well with me that the McCanns were so "positive" it was an abduction and pushed for it above other possibilities.

Exactly!! The "They've taken her" has always been in question. Here is the article that mentions the "hiding": http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=474656&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

As far as "facts" go, nothing is certain except that she vanished. But, it has been reported by numerous sources that the cadaver dog hit on apartment 5A (where she vanished from), and on another apartment that the McCanns were staying in after 5A, and on Kate's clothes, her bible and on Cuddlecat, and now on another apartment (the Breaking News Thread) which the sniffer dogs tracked Maddies scent to on early morning May 4. Sniffer dogs are different than cadaver dogs. Sniffer dogs were used in the first few days and for searches of the area. The cadaver dogs did not show up until a couple of months later. The cadaver/blood dogs (Eddie and Keela) were from the UK, the best in the world. Eddie is the cadaver dog and Keela is the blood dog.

Hope that helps...

Thanks (about the theory)...it is still rough, needs fine tuning but until we have more facts....

Very true. There are only four known facts.

1. Up until some time on Thursday, May 3, Madeleine was alive.
2. By 10:00 that night, Madeleine had disappeared.
3. Madeleine hasn't been seen in public (enough to be positively identified, anyway) since.
4. DNA evidence of Madeleine has turned up in places it shouldn't be.

Very true. There are only four known facts.

1. Up until some time on Thursday, May 3, Madeleine was alive.
2. By 10:00 that night, Madeleine had disappeared.
3. Madeleine hasn't been seen in public (enough to be positively identified, anyway) since.
4. DNA evidence of Madeleine has turned up in places it shouldn't be.

Good summary, Calikid. Should Mrs. Fenn's testimony of what she says she heard added to that list? Or possibly Jeremy Wilkins' as well? They seem to be the only people on the scene who are not connected with the McCanns and also stated publicly what they heard/saw that night and the night previous.

Maybe they rented them?

Probably so!

I was responding to the question of whether they had a stroller(s) while there. I paid no attention to whether they were the same or not, just grabbed the nearest photos! Perhaps the resort rented them? Or maybe the rented one initially and after realizing they were in PDL for a while bought one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther