Madeleine McCann General Discussion Thread No. 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've removed several posts here today that are against TOS. Its fine to disagree with a post here and you can argue your point. It is not ok to attack another member here for their opinion.

We all have a right to our opinion here as long as its within our terms of service.

Knock off the attacks and being rude! If you feel a post is against our terms alert on it don't respond.

Thank you

Ima

The fact remains that the DNA testing and cadaver dogs were both supplied and paid for by the British Police, as it was the British Police themselves who developed evidence that the parents were involved.

Wikileaks published proof back in December 2010 that it was the British Police who developed the evidence that convinced them that the parents were involved. The Portugese were initially investigating an abduction. The British police are acknowledged now as being the ones who turned the investigation trail from abduction to a homicide, focusing on Gerry McCann.

It was also acknowleged that the British Police failed to supply ALL of the evidence they had developed to the Portugese police, for state reasons. There is now PROOF of political interferance on this one, at the highest level, which in itself is unheard of.

There is now also proof of involvement with the US Government. The fact that they would be involved in a missing child investigation in another country at all is highly irregular, but it is fact. The end result is the Portugese police have shut down the investigation and refuse to open it, and Madeline will forever be denied justice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/13/wikileaks-madeleine-mccann-british-police?INTCMP=SRCH

The fact remains that the DNA testing and cadaver dogs were both supplied and paid for by the British Police, as it was the British Police themselves who developed evidence that the parents were involved.

Wikileaks published proof back in December 2010 that it was the British Police who developed the evidence that convinced them that the parents were involved. The Portugese were initially investigating an abduction. The British police are acknowledged now as being the ones who turned the investigation trail from abduction to a homicide, focusing on Gerry McCann.

It was also acknowleged that the British Police failed to supply ALL of the evidence they had developed to the Portugese police, for state reasons. There is now PROOF of political interferance on this one, at the highest level, which in itself is unheard of.

There is now also proof of involvement with the US Government. The fact that they would be involved in a missing child investigation in another country at all is highly irregular, but it is fact. The end result is the Portugese police have shut down the investigation and refuse to open it, and Madeline will forever be denied justice.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/dec/13/wikileaks-madeleine-mccann-british-police?INTCMP=SRCH

Well stated.
Thank u

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

:seeya: Good Morning,

I have been "lurking" here for the past couple of weeks ... I did not follow Madeleine's case when she first went "missing" but had heard about it ... so I am playing "catch up" ...

1. I read that Gerry McC went back to work as a "cardiologist" ? ... did Kate McC go back to work ?

JMO and MOO ... but there is NO WAY I would be a "patient" of G & K McC ! I just canNOT believe that these two are still ALLOWED to practice medicine !

Their "license" to practice should be have been taken away because of their NEGLIGENCE in leaving 3 young children UNDER the age of 3 ALONE -- for 4 nights in a row !

2. The "sports bag" : Was this "sports bag" in the apartment when LE first showed up and photographed the apartment ?

IIRC, this "sports bag" was photographed in the "wardrobe" ? and was in the apartment ? Then, IIRC, it was NOT there and Gerry denied ever having this "sports bag" !

Hmmm ... there IS a photograph of it in the apartment from what I remember reading ...

If anyone can clear up my "confusion" on this "sports bag", it would be helpful -- or point in me in the right direction so I can read up on it !

TIA !

JMO and :moo: ... but Kate and Gerry remind me so much of Patsy and John Ramsey !

IMO ... PR + JR = g u i l t y

IMO ... KMc + GMc = g u i l t y ... they know what REALLY happened to Madeleine !

:moo::moo::moo:

First of all in the UK and Portugal it is not illegal to leave children in this situation, as they were just over fifty metres directly and about seventy five to walk, and they were checking on them at regular intervals. To put this into context a huge amount of hotels and resorts throughout the EU offer a service wherby parents leave their children in their rooms in the evening and every half an hour a nanny stops outside the door and listens for crying. Most Mark Warner resorts offered his service, but not in PDL as this resort was spread throughout the village so a round trip could not be taken within half an hour. However you can see with this being a normal service, why they thought that it was fine if they just made their own listening service, especially as some of their freinds had used the listening service in Greece the year before.
Since madeleine disappeared Mark Warner have stopped the service, but plenty of resorts and hotels continue to offer it (I have provided links to just a few of these in the "who would leave children that young alone?" thread, or you can try googling). The fact they still advertise this service, does rather dmeonstrate parents still use it.

As for the bag, I have never seen a sports bag mentioned on anything but blog sites and forums. I have not seen one primary source (nor even a reliable secondary source) making any claims about a sports bag. As far as I am aware the police did not take photographs of the flat that night as they did not treat it as a crime scene at first presuming the child had just wondered off. Also a lot of photographs were taken of the villa they rented a few weeks later.

And yes both Gerry and kate are still on the GMC register, and whilst Gerry has returned as a cardiologist, kate has not yet returned to her post as a part-time locum GP.

First of all in the UK and Portugal it is not illegal to leave children in this situation, as they were just over fifty metres directly and about seventy five to walk, and they were checking on them at regular intervals. To put this into context a huge amount of hotels and resorts throughout the EU offer a service wherby parents leave their children in their rooms in the evening and every half an hour a nanny stops outside the door and listens for crying. Most Mark Warner resorts offered his service, but not in PDL as this resort was spread throughout the village so a round trip could not be taken within half an hour. However you can see with this being a normal service, why they thought that it was fine if they just made their own listening service, especially as some of their freinds had used the listening service in Greece the year before.
Since madeleine disappeared Mark Warner have stopped the service, but plenty of resorts and hotels continue to offer it (I have provided links to just a few of these in the "who would leave children that young alone?" thread, or you can try googling). The fact they still advertise this service, does rather dmeonstrate parents still use it.

As for the bag, I have never seen a sports bag mentioned on anything but blog sites and forums. I have not seen one primary source (nor even a reliable secondary source) making any claims about a sports bag. As far as I am aware the police did not take photographs of the flat that night as they did not treat it as a crime scene at first presuming the child had just wondered off. Also a lot of photographs were taken of the villa they rented a few weeks later.

And yes both Gerry and kate are still on the GMC register, and whilst Gerry has returned as a cardiologist, kate has not yet returned to her post as a part-time locum GP.

Kate is not likely to return to her duties as a GP as she has just accepted a post as a figure head for a missing children charity.

The irony of appointing a woman who's only connection with missing children is her skill in losing her own child, seems lost on the charity's organisers.

She is an ambassador for the charity, it is not a professional position and would not stop her returnign to work as a GP if she wanted.
Most people who have connections with missing people in this way have a missing relative often a child. It is not the done thing in the Uk to ban a parent of a missing child from working with a charity just because their child is missing. neither do we say that a parent of a murdered child should not work with a charity for relatives of murder victims because the only connection they have to murder victims is the fact their own child was murdered. It would be seen as rather ilogical.
Missing people is also one of the biggest charities in the Uk, and the biggest charity related to missing people. I think its oragnisers know what they are doing.

:seeya: Thanks for your response.

1st BBM:

I read that they were 100 yards away, which is the size of a football field ... :waitasec:

I also read that the Staff at Tappas said no one left the table for about 2 hours ...

2nd BBM:

When I have the time, I will have to check for the reference to the bag ... I remember reading it here "somewhere" at WS ...

3rd BBM:

Wow ... so the police did not take photos that night ...

JMO and MOO but LE should immediately treat homes / apartments as a "crime scene" when a child is first reported missing ... and "boot" everyone out because the evidence needs to be preserved ...

All JMO and :moo:

Kate is not likely to return to her duties as a GP as she has just accepted a post as a figure head for a missing children charity.

The irony of appointing a woman who's only connection with missing children is her skill in losing her own child, seems lost on the charity's organisers.

BBM: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OMG ... this woman -- and her husband and their friends -- left children ALONE for HOURS !

:seeya: Great point regarding the "irony" !

:moo:

She is an ambassador for the charity, it is not a professional position and would not stop her returnign to work as a GP if she wanted.
Most people who have connections with missing people in this way have a missing relative often a child. It is not the done thing in the Uk to ban a parent of a missing child from working with a charity just because their child is missing. neither do we say that a parent of a murdered child should not work with a charity for relatives of murder victims because the only connection they have to murder victims is the fact their own child was murdered. It would be seen as rather ilogical.
Missing people is also one of the biggest charities in the Uk, and the biggest charity related to missing people. I think its oragnisers know what they are doing.

JMO and MOO ... but "no matter how you slice it", Kate and Gerry were NEGLIGENT in leaving their 3 children, ALL UNDER the age of 3 years, ALONE in a hotel / apartment IN a "foreign country" !

No matter IF you believe Madeleine was "abducted" ... or "wandered off" ... or "died" as a result of "whatever" by the parent(s) ... it was negligent to leave 3 toddlers ALONE !

:doh: I forgot -- the McCann's needed to have their "adult time"

And this nanny "listening at the door service" for "crying" ? Makes no sense IMO ...

All JMO and :moo:

If you look at google earth the flat was about fifty two metres as the crow flies, and seventy-five metres to walk there.

As for the bag, all I can say is I have never seen any primary sources or even reliable secondary sources stating anything about a bag. All i have seen is blog sites, which provide no sources for where they obtained this information (or at least no reliable sources, it all seems to become an ever decreasing circle of blogs citing other blogs). Does not mean it is not there, just that I have not seen it in the PJ files etc.

The nanny listening service is a weird thing, but is common throughout the EU. Hotels offer them as a service. the idea is you leave the children in your accomadation and ever half an hour a nanny (we are talking someone normally on a working holiday with a childcare qualification) listens outside the door, and if they hear nothing carry on with their rounds, if they hear crying alert the parents. I did find an article about a Mark Warner resort in Egypt where the nanny had not heard crying so assumed all was well, but it later turned out the child was not in the room. the child had somehow got out of the window and was found in the car park. Mark warner did not offer the listening service at the PDl resort because it was spread throughout the village, but they at this time offered it at other campus style resorts. In America this might not be legal, but in the EU it certainly is, and it would not be considered negligent to leave children in this situation. If it was the practice would be banned (Mark warner have ceased it, but it is still used in many other places). One cannot compare US and EU laws in this manner. It is not something I agree with, but thats that, it it currently legal and judging by the number of places that offer it it is common.

I agree with the way it shoudl have been treated as a crime scene - if she had wondered off then what harm would it do, if she was abducted then they did nto risk losing evidence. I was at a friends house when her toddler could not be found (she turned up a hour or more later safe and well), and the police were called. Not only did over ten of them arrive, but as well as searching the area knocking on doors etc they also stopped people going into her bedroom (sadly no-one told me as I was out searching at the time, and no-one told the police I was there, so when I went back to the house and into her bedroom to get a photo to show people my feet did not hit the floor - I am also not from that country so as far as the police were concerned I was just an unknown foreigner in the room of a missing child, it took a horrible five minutes before someone vouched for me).
The staff did report seeing people leave, and jeremy Wilkins (perhaps wilkinson will have to double check that) says he did bump into Gerry and chat to him for a bit at the time and location Gerry states. Jeremey did not really know the Mccanns, and had just met them a few times playing tennis on the holiday. i do not think their relationship could be called close enough to make anyone suspicious jeremy would lie for the Mccanns.

The thing is if madeleine died and her parents covered it up, then there are two time periods it could have happened pre-dinner between six (when madeleine was last seen by someone outside the "tapas 9" and eight thirty (when her parents were seen at the resturant), or during dinner between eight thirty and ten (when the alarm was raised).

Now, if it happened pre-dinner, then why hide it? Even if they could be called negligent for leaving the children whilst they were at dinner, they were in the flat pre-dinner so this would not be an issue. If Madeleine had fallen this was just an accident, and the normal response would be to help her, call for an ambulance and do CPR - a doctor would realise that you do CPR until an ambulance gets there, not think because there is no pulse the person is beyond help. Why cover up a fall that happened whilst you were there? The second theory people have put about is that madeleine died of sedatives her parents gave her. First there has never been a shred of evidence to support this theory, and second why the cover-up to this extent. If you wanted to cover up giving your child sedatives, the most obvious thing would be to say the child got hold of them from your bag and thought they were sweets or something, not stage an abduction for five years.
So that leaves us the second time slot - during dinner. This time we could argue they were worried about being accused of negligence, but this is not supported by the fact that what they did was not illegal, and the fact that they admitted it straight away (why cover up something you admit to within minutes). But even if that was the case, how did they get the time? They were only seen away for a few minutes and one of those was at the ten pm check when the alarm was raised. So during this time they had to find madeleine dead and beyond help, decide to cover it up for some reason, hide her body somewhere the police and sniffer dogs could not find it, arrange the cover up with their friends, be seen having dinner by staff for the normal amount of time, and then call police at ten. whatever you think of the mccanns this just does not seem feasible. Also not all of the other seven people at dinner knew the mccanns well, one of them had only met them that week - why the hell would they agree to cover up this, and where did the discussions take place - at the dinner table in the restaurant, because if it happened during dinner then that's the only place they could have discussed it.

Then what did they do with the body. they somehow found a place to hide it where no police or sniffer dogs found it (and sniffer dogs that night did follow her scent down the road), despite the fact they had no car, did not know the area and no evidence has ever appeared the had access to a spade or anything. And if they did remove it later, how on earth did no-one notice a decomposing body being carted around, despite the fact there were numerous friends, family, a huge number of media outlets trailing their every move, and police about. Not one person out of these tens of people remember seeing anything suspicious, and it does beg the question why move a body from a hiding place no-one has discovered in front of the world's media and risk getting caught.

If you look at google earth the flat was about fifty two metres as the crow flies, and seventy-five metres to walk there.

Regardless, it is face that apartment 5a was out of sight of the Tapas restaurant...further, Kate and Gerry chose seats in the restaurant which meant they sat with their backs to the apartment. Every other evening the childen were left to cry alone for hours, it is only this particular evening that they inexplicably instituted this strange and involved checking system.

As for the bag, all I can say is I have never seen any primary sources or even reliable secondary sources stating anything about a bag. All i have seen is blog sites, which provide no sources for where they obtained this information (or at least no reliable sources, it all seems to become an ever decreasing circle of blogs citing other blogs). Does not mean it is not there, just that I have not seen it in the PJ files etc.

The nanny listening service is a weird thing, but is common throughout the EU. Hotels offer them as a service. the idea is you leave the children in your accomadation and ever half an hour a nanny (we are talking someone normally on a working holiday with a childcare qualification) listens outside the door, and if they hear nothing carry on with their rounds, if they hear crying alert the parents. I did find an article about a Mark Warner resort in Egypt where the nanny had not heard crying so assumed all was well, but it later turned out the child was not in the room. the child had somehow got out of the window and was found in the car park. Mark warner did not offer the listening service at the PDl resort because it was spread throughout the village, but they at this time offered it at other campus style resorts. In America this might not be legal, but in the EU it certainly is, and it would not be considered negligent to leave children in this situation. If it was the practice would be banned (Mark warner have ceased it, but it is still used in many other places). One cannot compare US and EU laws in this manner. It is not something I agree with, but thats that, it it currently legal and judging by the number of places that offer it it is common.

Enough of the nanny-listening services please! The McCanns never used it, so repetitive reference to it is completely irrelevant.

I agree with the way it shoudl have been treated as a crime scene - if she had wondered off then what harm would it do, if she was abducted then they did nto risk losing evidence. I was at a friends house when her toddler could not be found (she turned up a hour or more later safe and well), and the police were called. Not only did over ten of them arrive, but as well as searching the area knocking on doors etc they also stopped people going into her bedroom (sadly no-one told me as I was out searching at the time,

at no stage did Kate look for her daughter - why? It is human instinct to search for what is lost.

and no-one told the police I was there, so when I went back to the house and into her bedroom to get a photo to show people my feet did not hit the floor - I am also not from that country so as far as the police were concerned I was just an unknown foreigner in the room of a missing child, it took a horrible five minutes before someone vouched for me).
The staff did report seeing people leave, and jeremy Wilkins (perhaps wilkinson will have to double check that) says he did bump into Gerry and chat to him for a bit at the time and location Gerry states. Jeremey did not really know the Mccanns, and had just met them a few times playing tennis on the holiday. i do not think their relationship could be called close enough to make anyone suspicious jeremy would lie for the Mccanns.

No one is saying Jeremy's testimony is inaccurate.

The thing is if madeleine died and her parents covered it up, then there are two time periods it could have happened pre-dinner between six (when madeleine was last seen by someone outside the "tapas 9" and eight thirty (when her parents were seen at the resturant), or during dinner between eight thirty and ten (when the alarm was raised).

Madeleine was last confirmed alive at 5.30 when her mother picked her up from creche. You keep posting the time was 6 or 6.30 Iit changes). Can you please post your link to support this time?

Now, if it happened pre-dinner, then why hide it? Even if they could be called negligent for leaving the children whilst they were at dinner, they were in the flat pre-dinner so this would not be an issue. If Madeleine had fallen this was just an accident, and the normal response would be to help her, call for an ambulance and do CPR - a doctor would realise that you do CPR until an ambulance gets there, not think because there is no pulse the person is beyond help. Why cover up a fall that happened whilst you were there? The second theory people have put about is that madeleine died of sedatives her parents gave her. First there has never been a shred of evidence to support this theory,

The evidence would be in Madeleine's body. Which has not been found.

and second why the cover-up to this extent. If you wanted to cover up giving your child sedatives, the most obvious thing would be to say the child got hold of them from your bag and thought they were sweets or something, not stage an abduction for five years. So that leaves us the second time slot - during dinner. This time we could argue they were worried about being accused of negligence, but this is not supported by the fact that what they did was not illegal,

Yes, it was

and the fact that they admitted it straight away (why cover up something you admit to within minutes)

There was no alternative!

. But even if that was the case, how did they get the time? They were only seen away for a few minutes

How long do you need to secrete a tiny body?

and one of those was at the ten pm check when the alarm was raised. So during this time they had to find madeleine dead and beyond help, decide to cover it up for some reason, hide her body somewhere the police and sniffer dogs could not find it, arrange the cover up with their friends,

Fact - the colouring book had already been prepared by the time police arrived, complete with two differing timelines.

be seen having dinner by staff for the normal amount of time, and then call police at ten. whatever you think of the mccanns this just does not seem feasible.

Yes, it does.

Also not all of the other seven people at dinner knew the mccanns well, one of them had only met them that week - why the hell would they agree to cover up this, and where did the discussions take place - at the dinner table in the restaurant, because if it happened during dinner then that's the only place they could have discussed it.

No, it wasn't. The beginnings of the story were already in place when the police arrived. See: Maddie's colouring book.

Then what did they do with the body. they somehow found a place to hide it where no police or sniffer dogs found it (and sniffer dogs that night did follow her scent down the road),

Thorough searches were not undertaken that night on the rocky and dangerous beach (high tide)

despite the fact they had no car, did not know the area

Both Kate and Gerry spent hours of their holiday in solitary jogs around the more secluded parts of the hills and beach

and no evidence has ever appeared the had access to a spade or anything.
And if they did remove it later, how on earth did no-one notice a decomposing body being carted around,

They were up together "searching" at 6am that morning, alone, before anyone else was up

despite the fact there were numerous friends, family, a huge number of media outlets trailing their every move, and police about.

Not at 6am the next morning, they were alone and PDL was deserted.

Not one person out of these tens of people remember seeing anything suspicious,

Jane Tanner? The Smith Family (who later identified GERRY!!! carrying a tiny girl away from the resort?)

and it does beg the question why move a body from a hiding place no-one has discovered in front of the world's media and risk getting caught.

The police suspect they moved it several times, and the body fluids in the hire car showed evidence of refrigeration, suggesting her body was later frozen.

Saphire you said

Regardless, it is face that apartment 5a was out of sight of the Tapas restaurant...further, Kate and Gerry chose seats in the restaurant which meant they sat with their backs to the apartment. Every other evening the childen were left to cry alone for hours, it is only this particular evening that they inexplicably instituted this strange and involved checking system.

Reagrdless it is nto illegal, and it is not right to put your own cultural norms onto another country as if you are claiming your country is superior. Secondly, there is no evidence to support the claim this night was the first they did the checking. they checked on all the other nights according to their statements, and that of the tapas staff. The only difference was that Gerry said he made a visual check on this night simply because the door was more open.

In actual fact unless you were there and witness madeleine being given sedatives you have no idea if madeleine's body would be evidence or not. All your statement amounted to was that there is no evidence of sedation. The police did give over a sample of madeleine's saliva from her pillowcase and could have requested it be tested for sedatives if they thought this was a possibility. But once again, like you say there is no evidence of sedation.

Yes, it was [illegal]

No, under portugal and UK laws leaving children in this situation was not illegal.

You need long enough to put it somewhere it has never been found, on foot without a spade. Would probably take more than five minutes. Also the five minutes they were out of sight of anyone also includes the time it took to walk to the flat and back, so actually they had just over three minutes to discover their daughter dead, decide to hide the body, then hide the body no-one could find it (then go back and mention all this to friends)

Fact - the colouring book had already been prepared by the time police arrived, complete with two differing timelines.

No it was not, the police were there and asked for a time line. Do you have any primary sources stating otherwise?

Thorough searches were not undertaken that night on the rocky and dangerous beach (high tide)
People did go searching, and searches were undertaken the next day. If a body had been thee it would have been found.

Both Kate and Gerry spent hours of their holiday in solitary jogs around the more secluded parts of the hills and beach
No they went jogging on the beach and a hill near it popular with joggers.

They were up together "searching" at 6am that morning, alone, before anyone else was up
According to statements their friends were up at this time too. Also if the Mccanns were alone why do you take the word for this and not other things. One cannot just decide that "oh I could make that seem incriminating so I will believe that"

Jane Tanner? The Smith Family (who later identified GERRY!!! carrying a tiny girl away from the resort?)

Jane Tanner said it was not Gerry she saw as she had just walked past him, and Jeremy was with Gerry at the time. the smith family did not identify Gerry. The grandfather of the family, said he did not have his glasses, and it was dark, but he thought it might have been Gerry from the movement of the head. he stated he could not identify the face. None of his family backed him up on this, and several witnesses including staff put Gerry at the resort. So you have one person saying he definitly did not identify the face of the man, and was uncertain as to if it was Gerry or not by the movements, and several other people saying they are 100% that it was not Gerry. the police files also discount it being Gerry due to the other witnesses.

The bodily fluids in the car did not show any signs of refrigeration. Do you have any primary sources saying that any scientist claimed it looked like it had been frozen because the FSS report certainly did not say this.

So these are the actual facts.
Madeleine was last seen by someone outside the tapas 9 at six. During her holiday no-one reported anything a miss with her, and photographs taken that day show her looking well.

the mccanns appear at dinner at eight thirty, showered and changed. Friends, staff and other guests support this.

Jeremy wilkins sees and talks to Gerry for several minutes shortly after nine.

at ten Kate is seen and heard raising the alarm. people start searching, staff report seeing kate running in the car park scraming for madeleine. The police are called.

jane Tanner tells police that night, that she had seen a man carrying a chidl wearing pink pyjamas. she had just walked past jeremey and gerry when she saw him.

a few weeks later a family of nine report seeing a man similar to janes description also carrying a child.

some time after this the grandfather of the family claims that although it was dark, and he did not have his glasses, he thought the man he saw might be gerry due to the way he moved his head. No-one else in the family backs this up, and police check with witnesses and put Gerry at the resort at this time.

several people report seeing a man watching the flat in the days befor ethe abduction.

At no point does any man matching either these descriptions or tanners or the smiths come forward.

two dogs, once which alerts to blood only, and one which alerts to blood, other bodily fluids and cadaver scent are brought in and make alerts. Bodily fluids are found. Only hair and nails could positiviely be identified as belonging to a specific bodily fluid. Aside from material on a card fob belonging to gerry no positive identification of dna could be made. There were two samples which madeleine could not be excluded from: one in the flat which could have been hers of gerry's, and one in the cra boot which was a mixed sample of three to five people, where she could have beee one of the donors, but then it could just as easily have been her parents and close relatives that were donors and not madeleine.
Not one piece of evidence has been found to support sedation, refrigeration, burial by the mccanns etc. Not one.

Saphire you said

Reagrdless it is nto illegal, and it is not right to put your own cultural norms onto another country as if you are claiming your country is superior. Secondly, there is no evidence to support the claim this night was the first they did the checking. they checked on all the other nights according to their statements, and that of the tapas staff. The only difference was that Gerry said he made a visual check on this night simply because the door was more open.

In actual fact unless you were there and witness madeleine being given sedatives you have no idea if madeleine's body would be evidence or not. All your statement amounted to was that there is no evidence of sedation. The police did give over a sample of madeleine's saliva from her pillowcase and could have requested it be tested for sedatives if they thought this was a possibility. But once again, like you say there is no evidence of sedation.

Yes, it was [illegal]

No, under portugal and UK laws leaving children in this situation was not illegal.

You need long enough to put it somewhere it has never been found, on foot without a spade. Would probably take more than five minutes. Also the five minutes they were out of sight of anyone also includes the time it took to walk to the flat and back, so actually they had just over three minutes to discover their daughter dead, decide to hide the body, then hide the body no-one could find it (then go back and mention all this to friends)

No it was not, the police were there and asked for a time line. Do you have any primary sources stating otherwise?

People did go searching, and searches were undertaken the next day. If a body had been thee it would have been found.

No they went jogging on the beach and a hill near it popular with joggers.

According to statements their friends were up at this time too. Also if the Mccanns were alone why do you take the word for this and not other things. One cannot just decide that "oh I could make that seem incriminating so I will believe that"

Jane Tanner said it was not Gerry she saw as she had just walked past him, and Jeremy was with Gerry at the time. the smith family did not identify Gerry. The grandfather of the family, said he did not have his glasses, and it was dark, but he thought it might have been Gerry from the movement of the head. he stated he could not identify the face. None of his family backed him up on this, and several witnesses including staff put Gerry at the resort. So you have one person saying he definitly did not identify the face of the man, and was uncertain as to if it was Gerry or not by the movements, and several other people saying they are 100% that it was not Gerry. the police files also discount it being Gerry due to the other witnesses.

The bodily fluids in the car did not show any signs of refrigeration. Do you have any primary sources saying that any scientist claimed it looked like it had been frozen because the FSS report certainly did not say this.

So these are the actual facts.
Madeleine was last seen by someone outside the tapas 9 at six. During her holiday no-one reported anything a miss with her, and photographs taken that day show her looking well.

the mccanns appear at dinner at eight thirty, showered and changed. Friends, staff and other guests support this.

Jeremy wilkins sees and talks to Gerry for several minutes shortly after nine.

at ten Kate is seen and heard raising the alarm. people start searching, staff report seeing kate running in the car park scraming for madeleine. The police are called.

jane Tanner tells police that night, that she had seen a man carrying a chidl wearing pink pyjamas. she had just walked past jeremey and gerry when she saw him.

a few weeks later a family of nine report seeing a man similar to janes description also carrying a child.

some time after this the grandfather of the family claims that although it was dark, and he did not have his glasses, he thought the man he saw might be gerry due to the way he moved his head. No-one else in the family backs this up, and police check with witnesses and put Gerry at the resort at this time.

several people report seeing a man watching the flat in the days befor ethe abduction.

At no point does any man matching either these descriptions or tanners or the smiths come forward.

two dogs, once which alerts to blood only, and one which alerts to blood, other bodily fluids and cadaver scent are brought in and make alerts. Bodily fluids are found. Only hair and nails could positiviely be identified as belonging to a specific bodily fluid. Aside from material on a card fob belonging to gerry no positive identification of dna could be made. There were two samples which madeleine could not be excluded from: one in the flat which could have been hers of gerry's, and one in the cra boot which was a mixed sample of three to five people, where she could have beee one of the donors, but then it could just as easily have been her parents and close relatives that were donors and not madeleine.
Not one piece of evidence has been found to support sedation, refrigeration, burial by the mccanns etc. Not one.

Please post a link supporting this assertion.

tia.

Is it true both parents were doctors? Is it true Madeline was a test tube baby? Is it true that European law says something to the effect that no human dna obtained from any birth conceived by natural means can be used in dna experimentation? Is this a loophole that could somehow justify a motive for some reason?

Is it true both parents were doctors? Is it true Madeline was a test tube baby? Is it true that European law says something to the effect that no human dna obtained from any birth conceived by natural means can be used in dna experimentation? Is this a loophole that could somehow justify a motive for some reason?

Yes.
Yes.
Don't know.
Don't know.

Yes they are both doctors, Kate was a part time locum GP, Gerry was a cardiologist.
Madeleine was born via IVF.
I am nto sure what you are getting at with the DNA angle. The laws are the same regardless of conception of the child. DNA can be used from any birth with permission and in accordance with the law - i.e from umbilical cord, placental material, or tiny samples taken from the child. This is the same regardless of whether the chidl was conceived via IVF or not. There are not seperate laws in this way. All use of the material has to comply with bioethics law such as the human tissue act.

It may have been an older article I was reading back when George Bush was prohibiting dna experimentation.

And it is specifically in regard to that alone I refer to. I know that any dna part or source can be used for legitimate purpose but for human dna experimentation purposes, source material for some types of experimentation specified only this other classification was allowed. It was in the wording that it struck me. Paraphrasing- " dna prohibited from naturally concieved source." Madelain may bypass that regulation by way of her conception process.

Just a strange thought that hit me the day I read that portion of what was likely the Euro bio ethics act. I recall a Portuguese investigator having a copy of Madellains's dna profile. That should be kept and preserved for a very long time at least so long as this case remains unsolved. I am just suspicious. Two doctors have one of the few kids abducted and not found every year, who by chance was a test tube baby, who by chance may be one of the few sources of dna legal to research and experiment with and use in dna based cures. Like our old vacinnes, they have an original dna source code that is replicated time and time again ever after. I believe they used monkey based dna back then?

I think if someone is willing to use an abducted child for shadowy human DNA experiments they would tend to be such a criminal sort that they wouldn't give a carp about what the bioethics regulations are and wouldn't make sure to abduct a test tube baby just to conform with some European bio ethics act.

I am not a lawyer but I don't think that the method of conception makes a difference anyway when it comes to the protection that children have from being taken advantage of for human DNA research.

I think it might be more like the distinction between individuals and cloned tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea