Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is parked on very smooth sand, not gravel and I can't see reeds at the car park in Foral but plenty of trees.

ETA... there is a low fence with metal bars to the posts and the reeds are very distinctive imo, you usually get them where rain runs off down into the sea or alongside a river in Spain. I'm not sure this is Praia barranco either as there is no street view for the car park area.
Which photo?,praia barranco is the beach pic i thought the other one with fence was taken by police?,was that cb too then?

Okay now I’m feeling pretty freaked out, I’ve been awake all night and I don’t know wether my eyes are deceiving me? Someone in last thread mentioned about the “hairs” between the exercise ball & the blanket, in the white circle (post 83) I now think I can see a small girl sitting with her leg straight out in front of her, she looks very similar to MM?

Would you mind sharing the picture? I'm not having much luck at looking back to post 83

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to show me. I wouldn't have guessed a crop tail might resemble that which you showed me.

I have been trying to find the location of the photo now, without success. I might try again later today if time permits. I'm trying to match the reeds in the background and the wooden (rope) fence line....
On second thought, perhaps it's not the car park at the restaurant; the sand in the photo is very fine.
The internal part of the car park cannot be reached through streetview (so we can't tell what kind of sand there is over there) and the outer part shows sand mixed with small stones. The same applies to the reed..
The restaurant has reed in its garden, probably papyrus reed. Different reed than in the photo.

Thanks Betty, so looking at photographers lightened photo what do you see where you see the hairs?

Sorry Lynda, had to go hunting for it because I’m on my phone so don’t see posts by number. In Photographer’s lightened pic it just looks even more like lines through condensation on a screen, but I really don’t have a great eye for these things!

I have them handy here. Have included the originals and the one with my points of interest.

I see the “hairs” someone was on about, but this is why I thought the picture might have been snapped from a computer monitor. To me it looks like there was something to Edit out in this area of the photo, and people were touching the screen with their fingers leaving the white smudge. Then touching the screen with a pen nib, maybe pointing out smaller areas? Or maybe they were trying to work out what the black thing on the floor was, same as us, so were using a pen to point to it because it’s a small item? I do it all the time in work when pointing to a specific area of the screen, I always have a pen in my hand so it becomes my “pointer”
yes, could be pen marks, or a scribble/doodle of some kind, over the print.
i also wondered whether they could be electric cables from around that area to the camera, but imo too fine and transparent in places to be cables.

Which photo?,praia barranco is the beach pic i thought the other one with fence was taken by police?,was that cb too then?

I remember this being talked about way back in one of the earlier threads. You’re right, someone did say it was a police pic, and IIRC, they said it was taken at BP’s scrap yard in Barrocal. But I don’t know where that info came from or if there was a source. And it doesn’t have a police watermark, as someone rightly pointed out a while back. None of the photos of the van do, only CB’s mugshots. And wouldn’t it have the graffiti on it if it was taken from the scrap yard? Or was this GA’s gripe with the whole Graffitigate thing?

Okay now I’m feeling pretty freaked out, I’ve been awake all night and I don’t know wether my eyes are deceiving me? Someone in last thread mentioned about the “hairs” between the exercise ball & the blanket, in the white circle (post 83) I now think I can see a small girl sitting with her leg straight out in front of her, she looks very similar to MM?

Thanks

Would you mind sharing the picture? I'm not having much look at look back to post 83

yes, could be pen marks, or a scribble/doodle of some kind, over the print.
i also wondered whether they could be electric cables from around that area to the camera, but imo too fine and transparent in places to be cables.

It’s funny you mention a doodle - I was looking at Photographer’s lightened version for so long that the scribbles started looking like the Roadrunner, and now I can’t unsee it lol

Ive been trying to see what the book titles are too!,and the pinboard with notes on in other pic,.. the other vw pic looks like maybe a beach car park i mean why have a fence like that otherwise?,a park maybe?,a pond a lake are those definately weeds? Do we have any green fingered folk here

Yes, I was thinking the the video did show, something happened to her, but you cannot tell if someone is dead on a film, you would need to check if there was a heartbeat, which you physically can't do, and so that is why you can only say she is 'probably dead'

I went down a rabbit hole of reading about ‘snuff’ films when video footage was first mentioned, and sadly I agree. Apparently there’s a big market for it on Darknet but people are reluctant to hand over their money for them because there’s “no guarantee” the victim is actually dead. This all changed with one film, where a teenage victim was wrapped in plastic and the video camera left running focused on her face for 20mins so the audience could be sure they got what they paid for :(
Unfortunately, the language HCW uses when talking about MM always triggers me and makes me think of what I’ve previously read about snuff.

Yes, I was thinking the the video did show, something happened to her, but you cannot tell if someone is dead on a film, you would need to check if there was a heartbeat, which you physically can't do, and so that is why you can only say she is 'probably dead'
If there was a video police would be able to find out the type of camera the video was filmed with and know if CB had this camera or not.
Maybe there is a link between "the evidence" and his phone, they obviously have to establish that it was him who used his phone. I am wondering why they want to speak to 7.30 PM caller as they can also establish if he was in the area by looking at his other calls.
Unless, for example, he knew the OCs internet password and was connected to OCs network at the time.

Another thing:
Germans had him followed when he escaped to Italy. I wonder why!
Also, he was questioned in 2013 about Madeleine's case. What if he said he wasn't in the area but his phone is placing him there?
CB knows very well how to deal with police. He escaped so many times AFTER speaking to LE.

If there was a video police would be able to find out the type of camera the video was filmed with and know if CB had this camera or not.
Maybe there is a link between "the evidence" and his phone, they obviously have to establish that it was him who used his phone. I am wondering why they want to speak to 7.30 PM caller as they can also establish if he was in the area by looking at his other calls.
Unless, for example, he knew the OCs internet password and was connected to OCs network at the time.

Another thing:
Germans had him followed when he escaped to Italy. I wonder why!
Also, he was questioned in 2013 about Madeleine's case. What if he said he wasn't in the area but his phone is placing him there?
CB knows very well how to deal with police. He escaped so many times AFTER speaking to LE.

I think from what we know of CB, of his fondness for photography and videography, we can assume that he had at least a basic knowledge of how it all works. Even just messing around and getting familiar with the “settings” of a camera would give him a fair idea. So he’d know the basics about traceability. Would it be such a stretch to imagine he got rid of cameras very quickly after using them? He stole a lot of them so had many options. It was USBs that were found buried on his property, so could he not have just kept the memory cards and disposed of the cameras?

Has anyone here managed to locate the scrap yard in Barrocal on google maps? I think I might have found a place that fits but obviously my map is recent. Unfortunately, in street view there is a lorry that blocks the view of the property. I wonder if anyone here could access an earlier streetview or map? I cant seem to upload a screenshot, so I will try to link it.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members