Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here managed to locate the scrap yard in Barrocal on google maps? I think I might have found a place that fits but obviously my map is recent. Unfortunately, in street view there is a lorry that blocks the view of the property. I wonder if anyone here could access an earlier streetview or map? I cant seem to upload a screenshot, so I will try to link it.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I don’t know if it helps, but his postcode is listed here:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.piro.75e4df57df0affdc1ba2ed410eb52253.html

8375-014, S BARTOLOMEU DE MESSINES

Could you search the postcode? It might cover a big area is the only thing...

I really feel these photos have edited by LE before distribution to the media. It looks like a large brown dog lying on the sofa, did we hear of CB having a pitbull or bulldog? In the top right corner is that an excercise ball with some weird looking toy doll on top?
yup deff a doll

Attachments

• FC37530F-7FE8-4EFB-9B09-7477380461CB.jpeg
    FC37530F-7FE8-4EFB-9B09-7477380461CB.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 134
Has anyone here managed to locate the scrap yard in Barrocal on google maps? I think I might have found a place that fits but obviously my map is recent. Unfortunately, in street view there is a lorry that blocks the view of the property. I wonder if anyone here could access an earlier streetview or map? I cant seem to upload a screenshot, so I will try to link it.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Not sure but wondered if this might be it. Seems to be a lot of vehicles stored there.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I remember this being talked about way back in one of the earlier threads. You’re right, someone did say it was a police pic, and IIRC, they said it was taken at BP’s scrap yard in Barrocal. But I don’t know where that info came from or if there was a source. And it doesn’t have a police watermark, as someone rightly pointed out a while back. None of the photos of the van do, only CB’s mugshots. And wouldn’t it have the graffiti on it if it was taken from the scrap yard? Or was this GA’s gripe with the whole Graffitigate thing?

I was thinking the same as well, when he sold the van, it was not sold with graffiti on it, OR... it was, and this photo is from before the graffiti was added.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I've been looking for it too :) Haven't found the spot yet though.

The place is somewhere outside the village centre (if you can call it that) and along a dirt road. Very rural.

I was thinking the same as well, when he sold the van, it was not sold with graffiti on it, OR... it was, and this photo is from before the graffiti was added.

IMO the "Graffiti" looked like kind of "Minion Style". First Minion-Movie was realeased in 2015. I think new new owner must have done the graffiti, after buying it from CB, maybe for his kids or due to the yellowish colour of the van.

So GA told crap as usual IMO, when he stated german LE had released the pics of the van in an altered version.

GA must be covering up something. Try to save his own *advertiser censored**, like his collegue, who was sentenced to jail for burglaries now and wrote also a book that gave MM's parents the responsibility. They both were investigated for brawling up the mother of the vanished girl before MM, to get a confession from her that she killed her with her own brother. Gruesome!

Last edited:
I think you could be correct!

When I scan around using google street view, nothing appears to match with the scene though. There doesn't seem to be a sandy laneway with that fence where the van could be parked - or I just haven't found it yet?

When I scan around using google street view, nothing appears to match with the scene though. There doesn't seem to be a sandy laneway with that fence where the van could be parked - or I just haven't found it yet?

I'm pretty certain that the WF picture was not taken in the area inland. I have scanned all of the beach car parks that I can access on street view and one thing I notice is that the fencing at all of them if there is any are mostly the same log type fencing. The trees and grass in the picture are actually starting to make me think that perhaps the picture was taken around the area of a swimming lake or river in Germany. You don't tend to find that type of metal pole fencing in Spain, I'm not so sure about Portugal, because the metal gets hot in the summer months and is at child hight. I have seen it at beaches in the UK. I lived in Germany for 4 years, way back and I remember that because of the lack of beaches we used to visit swimming lakes with man made beach areas. Maybe Superdad could take a look and rule out Germany but I seem to think the trees are more in keeping with the German landscape than Portugal where like spain trees tend to be mostly pines.

Not sure but wondered if this might be it. Seems to be a lot of vehicles stored there.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Could be, but does it fit the T-junction?
Lu2jNNa.jpg

Hey! How do you manage to walk around in streetview in Barrocal?
I have no streetview in Barrocal?

Attachments

• scrapyard.JPG
    scrapyard.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 19
Don't know whether this has already been mentioned: the "whip" on the yellow cloth is not a whip, but plyers, for a fireplace as in:
proxy-image

Good catch.

Would they have fireplaces in Portugal?

I'm pretty certain that the WF picture was not taken in the area inland. I have scanned all of the beach car parks that I can access on street view and one thing I notice is that the fencing at all of them if there is any are mostly the same log type fencing. The trees and grass in the picture are actually starting to make me think that perhaps the picture was taken around the area of a swimming lake or river in Germany. You don't tend to find that type of metal pole fencing in Spain, I'm not so sure about Portugal, because the metal gets hot in the summer months and is at child hight. I have seen it at beaches in the UK. I lived in Germany for 4 years, way back and I remember that because of the lack of beaches we used to visit swimming lakes with man made beach areas. Maybe Superdad could take a look and rule out Germany but I seem to think the trees are more in keeping with the German landscape than Portugal where like spain trees tend to be mostly pines.

I can not rule out, that the pic of the van on the sandy-road was taken in Germany or somewehre else in middle or northern europe! Looks to me not like a mediterranean landscape either. Could be at some kind of lake due to the reed and trees in the background!

Maybe its a beach-place on the island of Sylt, where he is said to be selling drugs. Or maybe an area near the town of Oranienburg, where he is said to be drug-trafficking. There are many lakes in that area.

Last edited:
Hey! How do you manage to walk around in streetview in Barrocal?
I have no streetview in Barrocal?

The area we were shown in the photo is a road with the fence and foliage behind it. The road is made of sand. This therefore doesn't appear to be a match.

Good catch.

Would they have fireplaces in Portugal?

The picture in question was taken beside a fireplace. The yellow arrow is pointing at it in the first pic, and the second is the same fireplace face-on.

Attachments

• 59C8369C-DBC7-44F6-9A59-4C5E59D94285.jpeg
    59C8369C-DBC7-44F6-9A59-4C5E59D94285.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 123
  • A9B36B24-3586-4886-85E3-8ED41C4FE151.jpeg
    A9B36B24-3586-4886-85E3-8ED41C4FE151.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online