Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it the the ex-gf who actually said that though? I remember it was mentioned in a Mirror article about the british ex-gf but they didn't seem to attribute that particular comment to her, it was just inserted into the article with no context. Haven't seen the story repeated anywhere else.

True untold story of Madeleine McCann suspect who seemed like 'perfect gent'

I find this story a bit hard to believe and is possibly based on chinese whispers or made up by someone. Firstly, there are far cheaper and easier ways to manufacture/buy something to make a bathtub. Secondly, the car wouldn't hold the water, they aren't watertight. Thirdly, even if it was all sealed up, it would take forever for it to fill up with enough rainwater to make a bath (and why not just use mains water?). And last, by the time it did fill up, who the hell would want to sit in a disgusting pool of stagnant water?
Looking at the Article again, I can see that the bit about roof being taken off is not in quotes, so probably not by the ex gf then. Yes, it doesn't make sense at all why he would do such a thing, so maybe an urban myth... unless he was high on drugs perhaps?

ETA - we also see footballers do this “hand over mouth when speaking” thing when they know the camera is on them. Like this chap surely knew he was in view of the media. There’s any number of reasons they were stood like this. And two out of roughly 50 officers doesn’t really pinpoint anything. For me, anyway.
I agree with all this, but I also agree that the female officer apparently wiping her eyes may have actually been upset by something, given the expression on her colleagues faces.

I will not however add to the debate about whether she is pregnant. 1 - why is this relevant?! 2 - why is this relevant

bloody women, far too emotional, should just stay at home and get on with the housework o_O

IMO we care too much about possibleGF's, due to his assumed profile. He seems to have younger to elderly ladies at the same time. He beat them up, if they discovered his urges.

IMO, he acted alone, according to the gruesome stuff. I don't think his "longer" relationships were aware of his urges. Hard to imagine...
Don't disagree with any of what you said but not quite what I was talking about in that post :).

I was just querying whether the bathtub story was made up. IMO It seems far-fetched.

Yes, from what we've heard so far, it would appear that the GFs knew little of his sexual perversions.

In the Malaga photo the VW's shadow, especially the shadow of its rear bumper needs further accurate study using actual dimensions and angles of the rear of the vehicle. I leave that until later.
So, without looking at shadows, the post of sleuth-d- dates the Malaga photo to the period 7 Dec 2006 to 15 Aug 2007, and if we assume CB was in Malaga with the van then we can remove the first few days of that period (because he was still in jail).
I still think we need to be really, really careful in assuming the VW was in Malaga in 2007. I have no wish to call doubt to previous sleuthing, but even if calculations are correct, VW might have been in Malaga toward end of 2007, therefore no direct link to MM. We need to be focused more closely on the evidence closer to date of abduction

IMO

IMO we care too much about possibleGF's, due to his assumed profile. He seems to have younger to elderly ladies at the same time. He beat them up, if they discovered his urges.

IMO, he acted alone, according to the gruesome stuff. I don't think his "longer" relationships were aware of his urges. Hard to imagine...

Agreed. He hardly seems the type to open up at all. I imagine he kept a very compartmentalised life.

I agree with all this, but I also agree that the female officer apparently wiping her eyes may have actually been upset by something, given the expression on her colleagues faces.

I will not however add to the debate about whether she is pregnant. 1 - why is this relevant?! 2 - why is this relevant

bloody women, far too emotional, should just stay at home and get on with the housework o_O

No one said that or thought about that! Please do not get it in the wrong way!

Women are usually tougher than men, we all know that!

Crikey... The constant moving back and forth across borders, vehicle changes, and checkered criminal history, topped off with strange burials of pets, children's clothing and CP stashes was all pretty unsettling to begin with, where this guy is concerned.

Until now, I sensed there was something dark about CB but didn't believe it would get to this. At least, I'd hoped it wouldn't get any more sinister. The discreet cellars in isolated locations, the proximity of locations to more than one missing child or unresolved cases, and accumulating comments from people he encountered about his peculiar behaviour are all really starting to paint a rather grim picture indeed.

As many have said on here already, I cannot imagine the German LE would allow this to play out so openly unless they had something serious on this guy (and perhaps others), and the unravelling may well be a deliberate strategy to get him or others to finally talk. I hope we see resolution soon, this must be so difficult and painful for those close to the affected cases.

Really hope this all comes to a head sooner rather than later. For everyone here who has been involved in this case from the beginning, I'm not asking you to speculate, but does this feel different to moments in the past when there were major developments that died down? Surely naming the suspect and having this downfall played out in the press is an encouraging sign more than anything?
My daughter is same age as MM, so always been a close follower, and yes, IMO this is more than previous

Don't know.

Portuguese police unwittingly destroyed Christian Brueckner’s van before it could be searched

4 Vans.
Blue Bedford - impounded in Portugal 11/2007 CB Never reclaimed.
Mercedes Sprinter. Used at second allotment that he left in 2006-7
Yellow VW Poptop - 2007 was seen at the allotment currently being searched allotment.

Alegro ? -- have to look more for this van.

"VW Camer van
Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B repeatedly modified his distinctive VW camper van, according to a report.

Dein Ghafou, who owned a garage complex in Hanover, Germany, used by Christian B, told how he was visited by police investigating Madeleine’s disappearance.

“I told them he had been working on a Volkswagen Camper here and he would lift the roof up and then make it smaller again," he told the Mirror.

“He was always cutting the roof, raising it and then lowering it. He came and went here.

Neighbours of Christian B at an allotment searched by forensics this week said he lived in the VW LT camper van in 2006 and 2007."

Cellar dimensions in this article.
2 meters square x 1.5 deep.
Secret cellar used by Madeleine McCann suspect found by police
Is this though a translation issue. These campervans have moveable roofs anyway so does he mean that CB was always putting the roof up and down which is a key feature anyway?

I still think we need to be really, really careful in assuming the VW was in Malaga in 2007. I have no wish to call doubt to previous sleuthing, but even if calculations are correct, VW might have been in Malaga toward end of 2007, therefore no direct link to MM. We need to be focused more closely on the evidence closer to date of abduction

IMO
Agreed it's possible it's irrelevant. It's difficult to know what to make of the total no-mention of Malaga by German LE. They didn't actually ask for the public to identify the 3 photo locations for them. Does that mean they already know 1 photo was in Malaga port? I don't know.

I wonder was this to repair the canopy-type thing around the rising roof?
Then again, does anyone remember the ex-girlfriend saying he took the roof off the camper and filled it with water?
Strange dude.
But let’s not forget that without concrete evidence being weird does not a killer make. Come on HCW, give us at least a snippet of something to work on, we’re right in the middle of a global pandemic!!?!

Apologies if already posted. This seems more compelling. Despite the media drama around the allotment cellar, it was there before CB arrived but this is wilful.

Madeleine McCann: Woman asks police to search her home for evidence
Yes conflicting reports. Seems like the cellar was already there in the 2nd allotment when he moved in and he perhaps just did some renovation work on it.

Madeleine McCann suspect's neighbours fear 'German Maddie' is buried in cellar

Police have been asked to search a second allotment in Germany amid claims the Madeleine McCann suspect reopened a cellar there.

They claim he lifted floorboards to access a 20ft cellar there and fear he may have hidden the body of a missing child known as the “German Maddie”

A neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said tonight: “She is convinced Inga is under there. That cellar was built by a previous tenant.

Brueckner’s landlord at the private gardens also denied the suspect built the cellar – but another neighbour claims Brueckner worked for two months building it.

I have been thinking about how could he manage it all both financially and in between jail times.
How dedicated someone could be to kind of keep building cellars, travelling to Portugal and back, changing towns.
Maybe the cellars were for drugs growing, too? Or maybe he lived of these videos he was making?

Yes conflicting reports. Seems like the cellar was already there in the 2nd allotment when he moved in and he perhaps just did some renovation work on it.

Madeleine McCann suspect's neighbours fear 'German Maddie' is buried in cellar

Police have been asked to search a second allotment in Germany amid claims the Madeleine McCann suspect reopened a cellar there.

They claim he lifted floorboards to access a 20ft cellar there and fear he may have hidden the body of a missing child known as the “German Maddie”

A neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said tonight: “She is convinced Inga is under there. That cellar was built by a previous tenant.

Brueckner’s landlord at the private gardens also denied the suspect built the cellar – but another neighbour claims Brueckner worked for two months building it.

This would all seem like quite a development except he was questioned about Inga - who in their right mind would leave any evidence in their home when they knew they were on police radar? Also, I thought he lived at the disused factory when Inga went missing?

This would all seem like quite a development except he was questioned about Inga - who in their right mind would leave any evidence in their home when they knew they were on police radar? Also, I thought he lived at the disused factory when Inga went missing?
He was questioned about MM previously too. He had both properties at the time. The box factory was bought by him at an auction. He was renting the allotment from 2013 to 2016 as well for £50 a year according to the Sun.

Local gardening association boss, Juergen Kruimstoh said Christian B paid £50 a year to rent the entire allotment in Hanover (Note by me: think this is an error in reporting and meant to say Braunschweig) years ago.

Mr Kruimstoh said he “never had a cross word” with Christian B.

Recalling he owned a Mercedes sprinter van and had two dogs, Mr Kruimstoh told The Sun: “I was shocked when I suddenly saw his picture while searching for Maddie in the spring.

“His departure from here in 2016 was strange.

“He gave me notice in the afternoon, got into his packed, small car, and after that I never heard from him again.

“Naturally there is a good deal of speculation about whether the police want to dig here like they have been doing in Hanover.”

Madeleine McCann news: Second plot owned by Christian B emerges in hunt for girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter