Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did CB find out that HB's evidence against him in the MM case included his own (CB's) words "She didn't even scream"?
Where's it said CB knew of what HB said before it emerged in the media?

What all these cases illustrate to me, is how badly police forces are messing up on dealing with sex crimes, domestic abuse etc which can escalate to murder.

There is a heavy "people in glasshouses ..." aspect to this, especially as regards The Met, a force that is so corrupt and inept, with sex offenders within it's own ranks - that politicians have called for root and branch reform at a minimum, if not it's complete replacement.

it seems clear that CB operated as a sex predator in the Algarve over multiple years, if not Germany as well, unless we think he only does his breaking and entering / rapes while in Portugal

He never would have been caught, had he not been ratted out. But unfortunately that is all to common in the UK, US etc

I was reading about a guy who did a murder in the US, who would have been caught sooner, only they never processed the rape kit from his first rape ... Sigh

Probably there is no more difficult case to deal with than stranger abduction. Which is why it is so imperative to immediately check out the nearest and dearest to the child for elimination purposes, work out from there and all the while going through the usual suspects with a dose of salts.

There is no room for policeman's "gut instinct". Just hard legwork, preserving as much of the scene as possible and keeping an open mind while evaluating any evidence there is.

No-one understands the difficulties as well as another policeman.

Hogan-Howe defends police in MM investigation​

METROPOLITAN Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has defended the way Portuguese police handled the initial investigation into the disappearance of MM
The country’s most senior officer said it would have been “very difficult” for officers in Praia da Luz to know if they were dealing with a serious crime immediately after she vanished.
He said: “I think sometimes these things at the beginning can be very difficult to deal with. You don’t know exactly if the child has just wandered off.
“I’m sure for them that must have been a challenge. Anybody can go back after two, three, five, six years and say ‘Why didn’t you do that?’ That’s easy in hindsight.”

Last edited:
Where's it said CB knew of what HB said before it emerged in the media?
CB wrote about it in his letter to a Mail journalist last year (around time of Football World Cup). Google for copy of letter as DM is not an acceptable media source iirc. The letter was the source of the media headlines.

I believe he mentioned it in one of his letters
So that kinda leaves the question of if CB's lawyer told CB where did the lawyer get it from, some one leaking it from the BKA?

CB wrote about it in his letter to a Mail journalist last year (around time of Football World Cup). Google for copy of letter as DM is not an acceptable media source iirc. The letter was the source of the media headlines.
I thought the Mail was approved on here, is that now on the naughty step.

As he seems to be in solitary confinement, the likeliest source would be his lawyer. IMO
He's corresponding with folks isn't he, so maybe an incoming letter told him? The authorities will doubtless be reading every letter in and out though.

I really hope HCW has some evidence that directly ties CB to a murder beyond this general stuff but I can certainly see where a world where he doesn't.

I must say i am mystified at the claims this guy would be in witness protection - surely not as regards CB? Was CB going to murder him or something?

There are so many wild claims ...
If BKA paid for him to go into witness protection, it may suggest that they thought he was in danger from accomplices.

If BKA paid for him to go into witness protection, it may suggest that they thought he was in danger from accomplices.
One of the main witness in the Rhys Jones murder and the main witness in the Olivia Pratt Korbel killing were given new identities, either the Germans don't go that far with witnesses or the importance of HB is over blown.

Could be connected to the Russian brothers or the Moroccan Mafia.

Could be connected just to human trafficking/drug trafficking routes - contacts & info CB might give up to police.

HB was at pains to point out that he didn’t know anything other than CB acted alone.
According to the stories CB was only too willing to whip out his phone and show videos and tell secrets to anyone who bought him half a pilsner. Doesn't quite fit with the mafia/trafficking narrative does it?

According to the stories CB was only too willing to whip out his phone and show videos and tell secrets to anyone who bought him half a pilsner. Doesn't quite fit with the mafia/trafficking narrative does it?
The mob only care about sales & logistics. These gangs are full of uneducated idiots - and lots of them are supplying info to the cops about their allies and enemies.

Not all he seemed keen to whip out whenever the occasion arose

I don't doubt that. So how did he last so long if he was part of that underworld and was so indiscreet?
He wasn’t part of a gang - just a low level dealer who bought small amounts. There were just a few occasions when he had serious money, then he needed MT to put him in touch with someone in Orgiva. That one transaction might worry the gang in Orgiva.

He wasn’t part of a gang - just a low level dealer who bought small amounts. There were just a few occasions when he had serious money, then he needed MT to put him in touch with someone in Orgiva. That one transaction might worry the gang in Orgiva.
I think if CB was seen as a danger, he would be eliminated, solitary confinement or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500