Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of this either! I would think if the clothes had been M's that her parents would have recognized them though. I honestly don't think it was a decoy, but if related, more of a blunder.

I don't think it is the childrens clothing that the police were focused on .... with regard to DNA findings. No similarities to Madeleine's DNA was found on them. It is the adult clothing that showed some results.
(The forensic testing was done in Birmingham UK.)

The report concluded: "The blue fleece and jeans were found to contain traces of congealed skin and hair.
"They were found to contain DNA characteristics that could be attributed to Madeleine McCann." No traces of Maddie's DNA were found on any of the other items.
Bag of clothes dumped near Portugal airport shows DNA links to Maddie | Daily Mail Online
Bag of clothes dumped near Portugal airport shows DNA links to Maddie

Without wanting to be contrary, how would him being in the area at the time take this further forward? And isn't that an old report you're quoting? It's (a) dated the 14/6 and (b) the Mirror.

No offence (really) but I'm just not seeing any value or significance in your link.

I suppose it places him at the scene. If a tower ping confirms that phone was within 10m of where a kid went missing, well it’s reasonable to ask him what he was doing. I would like to think if my phone suggested I was nearby, I would be getting a few questions...and I am not a jailed paedo with a history of child *advertiser censored*, rape and breaking and entering. I also haven’t allegedly admitted to the crime either!

I don’t think it’s enough evidence on its own, but it is enough to justify an arrest

I was looking for more photos of the apartment.
This link has some good photos and diagrams. The actual content of the article is odd to say the least, but the images are worth a look. They show how cramped the kids' bedroom was, among other things

Until I started following this thread I hadn't realised these points -
- the main door of the apartment was on the main road and not inside the complex
- MM bedroom window was also on the main road
- most of the apartment was obscured by shrubbery
- small wall outside MM bedroom window/main door to apartment
- parking area next to wall outside MM bedroom window/main door

Based on these images, it seems logical IMO that someone entered the apartment through possibly the patio doors but then simply walked out the front door of the apartment.

The Strange Configuration of Beds and Cots in Madeleine McCann’s Bedroom

Something that makes me think this way is how concerned they are CB can be released soon. How could that be if they had strong evidence? Strong evidence would be enough to grant pre-trial detention.

the current conviction is not safe due to a technicality. He can be freed if it falls down...unless there is reason to believe he’s a danger. I believe the prosecutors have allowed the press to run wild. He’s being linked with so many crimes across Europe, many are so flimsy. However, it looks like that will deny his release and provide more time.

if he is released from jail, he will disappear. Look at his history and movements.

Weren’t his early sex crimes unknown to the PJ in 2007, and then presumably to Scotland Yard in 2013. So, it has only been more recently that he was know as a sex offender and then the USB photos and rape conversation cinched it.

exactly. He had one conviction at this time as a 17 year old for an underage gf. We don’t know the full details but this could be something like a 15 year old, and so it’s a big leap to mm. likewise his breaking and entering would be interesting, but I am guessing he would be waaay down on any list until new info and crimes was found.

We have to remember that every criminal had a clean rap sheet at one point

I don’t know if it had been posted before but according to a German MSM (a few days ago).LE are now also investigating a possible parallel in the case of Claudia Ruf’s (11 yrs) death and CB.

‘In conversation with the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, Robert Scholten, first police chief commissioner at the Bonn police, confirmed that a connection to Christian B. was now being examined. "We will continue to make every effort to solve the murder of Claudia Ruf," said Scholten. Even if there is currently no direct evidence of a connection with the suspect in the Maddie case, a "question of knowledge was made to the Federal Criminal Police Office".

This is to create a movement profile to check whether the 43-year-old could have been near the crime scene at the time of the crime.’

Maddie McCann: Neuer grausamer Verdacht gegen Christian B. nach Andeutung der Ermittler | Welt

In this article there’s also a mention (and more) about the saliva dna that according to investigators from Portugal,that it is illegal to give evidence abroad for an investigation.
Welcome to the EU o_O

I don’t know if it had been posted before but according to a German MSM (a few days ago).LE are now also investigating a possible parallel in the case of Claudia Ruf’s (11 yrs) death and CB.

‘In conversation with the Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, Robert Scholten, first police chief commissioner at the Bonn police, confirmed that a connection to Christian B. was now being examined. "We will continue to make every effort to solve the murder of Claudia Ruf," said Scholten. Even if there is currently no direct evidence of a connection with the suspect in the Maddie case, a "question of knowledge was made to the Federal Criminal Police Office".

This is to create a movement profile to check whether the 43-year-old could have been near the crime scene at the time of the crime.’

Maddie McCann: Neuer grausamer Verdacht gegen Christian B. nach Andeutung der Ermittler | Welt

In this article there’s also a mention (and more) about the saliva dna that according to investigators from Portugal,that it is illegal to give evidence abroad for an investigation.
Welcome to the EU o_O
Some interesting bits in the article. They point to the situation in Foral and how it is strange that no appeal was made about the winnebago, only the other 2 cars. It also appeara to read as saying the conversation CB had with Dieter F in Foral about transporting grass in his winnebago etc took place before MM disappeared?

It could just be the way I'm reading it or a mistranslation but I always assumed it happened after. I haven't seen anything mentioned about where CB stayed after he was kicked out of the farmhouse in April. Could it be that he went to Foral and this was his base at the time of the abduction?

Some interesting bits in the article. They point to the situation in Foral and how it is strange that no appeal was made about the winnebago, only the other 2 cars. It also appeara to read as saying the conversation CB had with Dieter F in Foral about transporting grass in his winnebago etc took place before MM disappeared?

It could just be the way I'm reading it or a mistranslation but I always assumed it happened after. I haven't seen anything mentioned about where CB stayed after he was kicked out of the farmhouse in April. Could it be that he went to Foral and this was his base at the time of the abduction?

After he left the farmhouse in 2006 he was staying in the camper van and occasionally stayed with friends (I use the word friends loosely, trade work for showers, food etc).

I might be wrong about the above, he had an English girlfriend at the time, 'he told her he had something important to do in Prara de Luz tomorrow (if he actually did say that)'.

Last edited:
There is also another article from 24th May 2019 which seems to have disappeared in the Telegraph which mentions the villa :
Anglican priest Paul Luckman, owner and publisher of Portugal News, said: “The location and description of that villa mentioned by your source fits the one that a searcher told me about.

“The searcher told me the villa was empty and somehow they got inside some weeks after Madeleine disappeared.

“The search dog handler said the villa had a room with a kind of amateur studio with video equipment and cameras with children’s toys and pictures of children on the wall.

“He felt it was something to do with paedophiles. He told the police and they seemed to know something about it, but we don’t think they took it any further.”

The Sunday Express took him to the villa and he confirmed that it fits the description and location of the one he was told about.

Although we know where it is, we are not naming the villa for legal reasons as we have been unable to locate the owner.

The British woman resident said: “I know the owner was contacted after we raised our concerns with the police.

"The person was angry because she said she did not know the people who rented it and was annoyed about being contacted by detectives.

"We heard nothing more about it. The day after Maddie disappeared the couple moved out and we didn’t see them again.

“There was an older woman in a very expensive car who visited them during their stay.”

I am way behind in the thread but I have been following this case from the start.
This story reminded me of one circulating in 2009 about a villa with children's toys and and video equipment and I have found a newspaper article. I hope it is ok to add the link
Madeleine: The missed clues at £1m villa
Hi newbie here! I think this is the Villa in Foral... everything arround it, is so suspicious. I will not be surprised something very big comes out of this.

After he left the farmhouse in 2006 he was staying in the camper van and occasionally stayed with friends (I use the word friends loosely, trade work for showers, food etc).

I might be wrong about the above, he had an English girlfriend at the time, 'he told her he had something important to do in Prara de Luz tomorrow (if he actually did say that)'.
I thought he left the farmhouse in April 2007? It says 2007 on the timeline in this article.

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police prepare to search wells | Daily Mail Online

Do you have any links to him staying with friends etc prior to MM going missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose