Magnotta March Prelim Hearing & Trial Day 1 - Sep 29, 2014 - Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The talk about a wine bottle at the crime scene was because JL's body was violated with one in the video, and it was retrieved from the trash as evidence

I thought I remembered something about them seeing LM recycling a lot of wine bottles on CCTV in the days before the murder but that those had already been picked up? Anyone else remember that? Maybe I'm losing it. :dunno:

So somebody's job must be to do drawings of autopsy photos! Poor them! And the jury won't be spared in this case anyway, be cause they'll have to watch the video.

I wonder if they managed to determine a cause of death... And if they found any sedatives in JL's system. He didn't look drunk or anything when he went into the apartment with LM.

Bizarre I lost track of who was in trial here for a min. Makes me think of a phrase I have heard....put two sociopaths/psychopaths in a stadium and they will some how find each other. Oy vey this witness is something else.

So somebody's job must be to do drawings of autopsy photos! Poor them! And the jury won't be spared in this case anyway, be cause they'll have to watch the video.

I wonder if they managed to determine a cause of death... And if they found any sedatives in JL's system. He didn't look drunk or anything when he went into the apartment with LM.

I think the drawings are done by the actual pathologist. Although autopsy photos are taken, they are rarely filed as evidence in a trial. And I don't think they were being filed today. So the jury will see the drawings done by the pathologist.

At least that's the way I read it. The tweets around this type of testimony are always tricky because some reporters are hesitant in how they word things while others aren't. I'm trying to only include the most sensitive ones I can to tell the story of what's happening but also respect both the victim and the members following along.

It appears that I'll be out for most of the afternoon. If anyone wants to post the tweets please do.

TIA

Bizarre I lost track of who was in trial here for a min. Makes me think of a phrase I have heard....put two sociopaths/psychopaths in a stadium and they will some how find each other. Oy vey this witness is something else.

LM was very active on the internet. Finding likeminded people wouldn't have been that hard for him. I actually came in to contact with him sometime around 2009, before he had started killing animals and such. It was on a sleuth type site dedicated to discussing the activities of Karla Homolka. Magnotta at that time claimed that he was in a relationship with her, obviously a lie, but it did stir up quite a bit of publicity for himself. As I recall, Magnotta would register himself under numerous names, some male, some female. The stance of these would range anywhere from "Karla has done her time, leave her alone" to "I am very attracted to her, help me find her address". As I recall, there were disagreements with the site admin, a female, who eventually tracked the IP addresses to the area that Magnotta lived (I believe it was Montreal at the time). At that point, random blog sites began to appear, persecuting her and revealing her personal information and address. Shortly after that, she ran in to him in Toronto and really began to fear for her safety. Remember, this was before all the violence had even started. I remember being in absolute shock when I first heard the name Luka Magnotta linked to this murder. I just thought, holy crap I know who this guy is! But not once was I surprised at what he had done. He was just that far out there. And I really wouldn't be surprised if he gets a NCR verdict either, because if that term applies to anybody its this guy!

It appears that I'll be out for most of the afternoon. If anyone wants to post the tweets please do.

TIA

Thanks Kamille. I'll do this afternoon, but am just going to do Sue Montgomery's tweets as I've got other things on the go. As nice as it is to get the different tweets, you had the right idea from the beginning ... it's just too intense to do them all, and we can't keep it up for the duration of the trial.

WARNING: The tweets that follow will be exceptionally GRAPHIC

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 16 seconds ago

We're back in #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 5 seconds ago
Pathologist Daze continues testimony re autopsy on Lin Jun

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 10s 10 seconds ago
Daze received three more packages on June 8. From Ottawa, left foot and left hand. Also the right foot and right hand

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 3 seconds ago
Daze received the head July 3, 2012

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 9 seconds ago
Daze says the head was mummified and was identified as Lin Jun's

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now
Found scars on left side of back, appeared like an old burn that could have happened years ago, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 21s 22 seconds ago
Body parts were completely naked, Daze says. Weighed 49.6 kg, without the head

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6s 7 seconds ago
Hard to say what time of death was, Daze says. It was found on the street, when it was hot, so could have been dead several days before

A big, huge THANK YOU to Sillybilly for the 'graphic warning'. Much appreciated by this sleuth!

:tyou:

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 15 seconds ago
Animals may have found head which would explain in part why it wasn't as well preserved as rest of body, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 7 seconds ago
Lin Jun was injured by different types of weapons: pointed, sharp and blunt, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 12 seconds ago
There were other injuries inflicted after death, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now
But can't say how long after the death those injuries were inflicted, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 8 seconds ago
The neck had been cut with blade. Can't say whether decapitation happened when victim was still alive, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 50s 51 seconds ago
Could have been exacto, saw, knife or scissors, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27s 28 seconds ago
Difficult to cut the spinal cord with something other than a saw, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 10 seconds ago
Starting with injuries caused by pointed object like screw driver, ice pick or syringe

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 14s 15 seconds ago
First zone was on Lin's chest and second on stomach. 37 and 18 wounds respectively

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 8 seconds ago
Daze unable to say how deep the weapon penetrated but says probably was same instrument used or more that were the same size

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 13 seconds ago
Both the lungs and intestines were penetrated with object, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 4 seconds ago
Daze says these injuries inflicted after death

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
On right side of back there were five superficial slashes and part of left buttock was missing

Genitals weren't injured but injures around them

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 1m 1 minute ago
Laceration on anus done by blunt object. Coccyx was fractured

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 10 seconds ago
Several different fractures to the head, Daze says. Too many to be counted

On left side of head, semi circular fractures, caused by head of hammer, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 26s 26 seconds ago
Would take many blows from a hammer; can't say how many exactly, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 21s 22 seconds ago
Dismemberment happened after death, Daze says. Cuts at shoulders, thighs, wrists and ankles

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 11 seconds ago
Bones were all broken so must have used something that couldn't cut bone, before dismemberment

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 7 seconds ago
Now pulling out the items found in garbage. Electric saw - possible this was used, Daze says. Used in autopsies to cut skulls

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27s 27 seconds ago
Screwdriver with star tip. Stabbing injuries probably cause by that or something similar, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · now 11 seconds ago
Knife probably used to cut cartilage but doubt it was used to cut spinal cord, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 17s 17 seconds ago
Daze shown hammer and says it was probably used on head and face and to break bones before dismemberment

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 14s 14 seconds ago
Brain was also examined, but didn't see trauma on that or other organs, Daze says

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 55s 56 seconds ago
Toxicologist found Benadryl, which is used to treat allergies, and temazepam, a sleeping pill, in Lin's system

:waiting:

Michele Mandel ‏@MandelSun · 14m14 minutes ago
Defence raises objection. #Magnotta jury excused

Benadryl, that's also used as a sleeping tablet, under the brand-name Sominex. So JL WAS drugged.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Break over. Judge is back. But defence has one more issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members