Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgive me I just have to say this once....I don't think we are supposed to know what happened to MH370...the recent crash of MH17 emphasizes the significance

"Malaysia Airlines released MH17’s cargo manifest within hours of the plane going down, unlike MH370's manifest, which took weeks.

The company also released details of MH17’s maintenance record ........ "

http://www.smh.com.au/world/mh17-tr...at-mistakes-20140719-zuqu1.html#ixzz37sHxZO4k

The shooting down of MH17 was not the fault of Malaysia Airlines. The disappearance of MH370 on the other hand, is partly the fault of Malaysia Airlines. Since everyone knows what happened to MH17, the release of the cargo manifest and maintenance records won't make any difference. Since no one knows what happened to MH370, the contents of the cargo hold and the maintenance records is viewed in a more suspicious light. MAL didn't want to release them right away (or at all) because they knew what they contained and that it would make them look like they are responsible for the plane going missing.
Or it could be as simple as MAL not wanting to repeat the same mistakes again. Who knows.
JMO.

forgive me I just have to say this once....I don't think we are supposed to know what happened to MH370...the recent crash of MH17 emphasizes the significance

I don't think they are connected, but there is the peculiar fact that MH17 co-pilot was supposed to be the co-pilot on MH370... he was not because of a some last minute change.

Also for the record ... it hasn't been mentioned here yet, but there was another
Boeing 777 that recently encountered an electrical fire & had to divert & land.

On Friday 11 July 2014 United Airlines scheduled a Boeing 777 for departure
from Honolulu, Hawaii for a 7 hours 45 minutes flight west over the
Pacific Ocean to Guam (east of Malaysia) with 335 passengers & 13 crew.

Prior to takeoff there was an odor in the cockpit ... passengers were told about it &
some of them decided to disembark. After a 3 hour delay, the plane took off ANYWAY.

During the flight the electrical odor grew worse & the chemical smell caused some passengers to gag.
The plane was forced to divert to the remote Midway Island. The island does not have many
conveniences available, such as hotels & restaurants ... so the 300+ passengers spent
7 hours in a gymnasium until a replacement aircraft arrived to carry them back to Hawaii.

The cause was determined to be an electrical fire in a back up fan.
Seems like it could have turned out much worse.

http://kwgn.com/2014/07/14/united-flight-diverted-to-remote-midway-island-because-of-odor/
... the pilot spoke of smoke and failure to the radar and other systems.
“The captain said there was smoke in the cockpit and the radar failed and other electronic systems were failing, so they had to land. I think they landed old-school. They did an amazing job to get there safely”
... “At one point there was one drop of about 40 feet. After that turbulence, it got really silent.
I thought everybody was praying, and we were coming in on the wings of faith. We were all praying”

I don't think they are connected, but there is the peculiar fact that MH17 co-pilot was supposed to be the co-pilot on MH370... he was not because of a some last minute change.

I wonder if he switched with Fariq Abdul Hamid.
Weird if he did....I have had suspicions about the co-pilot's involvement in the plane's disappearance.

The shooting down of MH17 was not the fault of Malaysia Airlines. The disappearance of MH370 on the other hand, is partly the fault of Malaysia Airlines. Since everyone knows what happened to MH17, the release of the cargo manifest and maintenance records won't make any difference. Since no one knows what happened to MH370, the contents of the cargo hold and the maintenance records is viewed in a more suspicious light. MAL didn't want to release them right away (or at all) because they knew what they contained and that it would make them look like they are responsible for the plane going missing.
Or it could be as simple as MAL not wanting to repeat the same mistakes again. Who knows.
JMO.

Could be, too, that Malaysia has a new transport minister who appears to be better at communication than the last one.

My opinions only, no facts here:

Long ago, I spent some time explaining on another Websleuths thread, how to do a “negative search” on the Internet. Rather than repeat myself, I will give you a very simple example. Say that Joe Blow wins a national lottery and now is instantly more well-known and richer than Forrest Gump. Whatever Internet information about Joe Blow that existed BEFORE he won the national lottery is now absolutely shrouded by hundreds of thousands of hits related only to his recent lottery win. There is a way, with a mix of art and science, to “see through” all of the recent “white noise”. A careful placement of search terms in Google Advanced Search, particularly in the “none of these words” box can narrow the search results to only those hits that existed BEFORE Joe Blow won the national lottery. The reason I perform “negative searches” is because stories can change AFTER a significant event occurs. I want to see if the story before matches the story afterword.

The potential downside of doing “negative searches” may be significant; you might be detected by Google’s mysterious algorithms, and end up have to put a password into a Captcha box for every search. My Captcha problems began years ago (when I first started to used Advanced Search in clever ways), and have resurfaced with a vengeance while doing “negative searches” about the Captain of MH-370.

Below are four sites that contain posts possibly sent by the Captain of MH-370 that predate the disappearance of MH-370 (this is not to say that these have not been re-posted elsewhere since then, but at least these posts could be the original unedited sources) and one post that post-dates the disappearance of the plane. One caution: I have very good virus and firewall protection, so clicking on the URL addresses listed below causes me no problems at all (I have not tested links or embedded files from these sites). I cannot guarantee that other computer users are protected to the same extent as I am. Look for the term Zaharie, as part of a name or email address in the pages generated from my URL links.

http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20&start=110 (Nov. 17, 2012).

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/9403-thanks-jack-whaley-baldwin/ (Dec. 27, 2012).

https://plus.google.com/111986526065161012493/posts (Nov. 10, 2013; this site WILL contain later email messages from strangers that post-date the disappearance of MH-370)

http://www.ductlessdr.ca/how-to-tune-aircon-to-save-electricity/ (Feb. 15, 2014; this is possibly the last attributable post from the Captain; the Captain is thanking someone who I can find nothing definitive about; it is possible that there is some misspelling of the text-string for the email address of whom he is thanking).

AFTER MH-370 disappeared, the following URL lists a group of earlier posts supposedly from the Captain of MH-370: http://motionsim.blogspot.com/2014/03/sending-positive-energy-your-way-zaharie.html

The Captain’s (possibly-attributable) posts portray a fervent tech-fan with moderate amateur electronic skills, maybe even an incurable game-boy! There is no hint in these posts of any progressive change in attitude or personality over time. There is nothing to indicate that the Captain of MH-370 had anything to do with its disappearance. I say all of this, being well-informed about the intricacies of Malaysian politics.

Nothing is cast in stone here. I keep an open mind. This is just a post that reflects my opinions at the moment.

Sleuth On!

wow....poor guy he was doomed either way....would like to know what the last minute change was that scrubbed him from 370

I wonder if he switched with Fariq Abdul Hamid.
Weird if he did....I have had suspicions about the co-pilot's involvement in the plane's disappearance.

Yes, I have wondered about him also. More so than the captain and we haven't heard all that much about him yet they kept pointing the finger at the captain. That alone makes me wonder.

Sorry, but what happened to thread on MH17? Thanks

My opinions only, no facts here:

Long ago, I spent some time explaining on another Websleuths thread, how to do a “negative search” on the Internet. Rather than repeat myself, I will give you a very simple example. Say that Joe Blow wins a national lottery and now is instantly more well-known and richer than Forrest Gump. Whatever Internet information about Joe Blow that existed BEFORE he won the national lottery is now absolutely shrouded by hundreds of thousands of hits related only to his recent lottery win. There is a way, with a mix of art and science, to “see through” all of the recent “white noise”. A careful placement of search terms in Google Advanced Search, particularly in the “none of these words” box can narrow the search results to only those hits that existed BEFORE Joe Blow won the national lottery. The reason I perform “negative searches” is because stories can change AFTER a significant event occurs. I want to see if the story before matches the story afterword.

The potential downside of doing “negative searches” may be significant; you might be detected by Google’s mysterious algorithms, and end up have to put a password into a Captcha box for every search. My Captcha problems began years ago (when I first started to used Advanced Search in clever ways), and have resurfaced with a vengeance while doing “negative searches” about the Captain of MH-370.

Below are four sites that contain posts possibly sent by the Captain of MH-370 that predate the disappearance of MH-370 (this is not to say that these have not been re-posted elsewhere since then, but at least these posts could be the original unedited sources) and one post that post-dates the disappearance of the plane. One caution: I have very good virus and firewall protection, so clicking on the URL addresses listed below causes me no problems at all (I have not tested links or embedded files from these sites). I cannot guarantee that other computer users are protected to the same extent as I am. Look for the term Zaharie, as part of a name or email address in the pages generated from my URL links.

http://www.x-sim.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20&start=110 (Nov. 17, 2012).

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/9403-thanks-jack-whaley-baldwin/ (Dec. 27, 2012).

https://plus.google.com/111986526065161012493/posts (Nov. 10, 2013; this site WILL contain later email messages from strangers that post-date the disappearance of MH-370)

http://www.ductlessdr.ca/how-to-tune-aircon-to-save-electricity/ (Feb. 15, 2014; this is possibly the last attributable post from the Captain; the Captain is thanking someone who I can find nothing definitive about; it is possible that there is some misspelling of the text-string for the email address of whom he is thanking).

AFTER MH-370 disappeared, the following URL lists a group of earlier posts supposedly from the Captain of MH-370: http://motionsim.blogspot.com/2014/03/sending-positive-energy-your-way-zaharie.html

The Captain’s (possibly-attributable) posts portray a fervent tech-fan with moderate amateur electronic skills, maybe even an incurable game-boy! There is no hint in these posts of any progressive change in attitude or personality over time. There is nothing to indicate that the Captain of MH-370 had anything to do with its disappearance. I say all of this, being well-informed about the intricacies of Malaysian politics.

Nothing is cast in stone here. I keep an open mind. This is just a post that reflects my opinions at the moment.

Sleuth On!

I posted the google cache of his posts on AVSIM forum back in March.

Air travel is said to be safe but I keep hearing about air disasters :(

While attempting to land in inclement weather, at about 7pm on Wed 23 Jul 2014,
a twin-engine turboprop plane crashed into a residential building near
Magong Airport in Taiwan's Penghu Islands. 54 passengers & 4 crew were aboard.
Estimated 51 victims but no ground casualties.

ETA: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/23/world/asia/taiwan-plane-crash/index.html

air travel is safe... but the plane mentioned above was flying/landing in very bad weather... more than 200 flights had been cancelled b/c of the wind, rain and lighning. i am not sure who was responsible for giving the pilot the "go ahead" or why he chose to fly, but that was the mistake imo.

Avoiding thunderstorms
a. Above all, remember this: never regard any thunderstorm lightly, even when radar observers report the echoes are of light intensity. Avoiding thunderstorms is the best policy.

http://www.pilotfriend.com/av_weather/meteo/thnder.htm

apples and oranges.

apples and oranges.

I don't think that any potential airplane passengers thinks that
EVERY airplane disaster is going to have the SAME causes.

I think people think about all the many, many DIFFERENT reasons
(apples AND oranges, if you prefer) that an airplane disaster can happen
... & they worry MORE.

No commercial jets are flying over the Ukraine any more ... but the
pro-Russian separatists shot down 2 more military jets there today.
Read today that the USA just cancelled flights to Tel Aviv.
Lots of people are choosing not to fly Malaysia Airlines
since they seem very "unlucky" right now.
Maybe lots of people are chosing NOT to fly at all this summer
... better to wait & see if airplane disasters leave the headlines.
Maybe then the "feeling" of air safety will return for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves