Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what they said but, isn't it possible to fly below radar, like at 12,000 ft?
Am I wrong? If this 12,000 ft is right, then I'd lean to it being flawed.

Eh, I hope not, and I hope they find something where they're looking.

This is my understanding ... 30,000 and ^^^ feet civilian radar; under 30,000- military radar.

Radar systems typically used for air traffic have a maximum range of 200 miles, and that range is only at altitudes above 30,000 feet. At lower altitudes it is far less. Radar is a line-of-sight system. At a typical US Air Traffic Control Center, the controllers primarily depend on radar beacon data, rarely on the radar itself. Radar beacon data requires use of the transponder. The transponder transmits a coded message in response to the interrogation signal from the ground radar. Turn it off, and it does not operate

This has been one of the most frustrating news stories to follow.

I feel so bad for the families. Also, CNN's headline, "None Survived?" Really? smh.

Actually, I feel bad for the MA CEO and the man with the moustache. It seems they are not prepared for this and appear very nervous. :(

I would think PM and Defence Minister positions would be more culpable in this incident.......air traffic control and defence are government issues .....:jail:

I think that story may have been whipped up by the media looking for sensationalism, when you read into it a little it makes more sense.

From the official statement:

And it is in that spirit that we informed the majority of the families in advance of the Prime Minister’s statement in person and by telephone. SMSs were used only as an additional means of communicating with the families.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...efends_itself_from_criticism_for_sending.html
It doesn't matter how the media reports it because the message sent by Malaysia was wrong in the first place. The text should have read something like: "Please immediately contact the people you have been working with during this crisis for additional information". Not..."Your loved ones are dead for sure this time and there is no more hope."

I believe that the plane crashed and I think the info we have been given about the Southern Indian Ocean is probably correct. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

However until some wreckage is recovered that is identifiable as being from a jet liner, and preferably from MH370, I will not be 100% satisfied.

To those websleuthers who are still questioning that the plane crashed in the Southern Indian Ocean, that is your right. I just hope that you and the rest of us and most importantly the families of those lost, will get some certainty when the search resumes for floating wreckage and later for the black boxes. Though I hold little hope of them finding the black boxes but floating wreckage is more likely given they may have already spotted possible wreckage from search planes.

If they do not find the black boxes, then the best we may ever know is that for unknown reasons the plane flew to and crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

I am furious......:furious::furious:

What they are putting the Relatives and Friends of the passenger's is an absolute disgrace.

How can they announce with out a doubt that the passenger's are deceased?

There is no reported evidence, why not wait until it can be confirmed that the debris indeed belongs to the plane, assuming it does?

Can you imagine if it doesn't?????

I can't even fathom how much crap is in our Ocean's and Sea's, it's been used a a dumping ground since the start of time - I mean really, think about it......

If they have further evidence that they are not sharing (I would have to question why?) to give them absolute confidence in making that statement then they need to at least share it with the victim's Family and Friends and booey to them if it leaks out!

A missing plane is a world threat. If they thought for sure the plane was really there ..IMO there wouldnt be so many of them really looking. Everybody wants to see that plane.

25 countries.

In short, what it looks like from media reports is they ignored the northern route based on the theory too many radars were in the northern part for it to be possible.

Yet it lost radar. So is the solution flawed?

No, the solution was refined. Inmarsat further analyzed the pings to narrow it down to the southern corridor.

Meanwhile, Inmarsat's engineers carried out further analysis of the pings and came up with a much more detailed Doppler effect model for the northern and southern paths. By comparing these models with the trajectory of other aircraft on similar routes, they were able to establish an "extraordinary matching" between Inmarsat's predicted path to the south and the readings from other planes on that route.

"By yesterday they were able to definitively say that the plane had undoubtedly taken the southern route," said McLaughlin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...lite-company-Inmarsat-tracked-down-MH370.html

I believe that the plane crashed and I think the info we have been given about the Southern Indian Ocean is probably correct. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

However until some wreckage is recovered that is identifiable as being from a jet liner, and preferably from MH370, I will not be 100% satisfied.

To those websleuthers who are still questioning that the plane crashed in the Southern Indian Ocean, that is your right. I just hope that you and the rest of us and most importantly the families of those lost, will get some certainty when the search resumes for floating wreckage and later for the black boxes. Though I hold little hope of them finding the black boxes but floating wreckage is more likely given they may have already spotted possible wreckage from search planes.

If they do not find the black boxes, then the best we may ever know is that for unknown reasons the plane flew to and crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

RBBM: Thank you for saying this. It seems like the passengers and their families are being forgotten with all of the conspiracy theories.

Just a terrible thing for the loved ones of the 239 people who lost their lives to have to go through for the last 17 days.

JMO

good morning all, caught up on 10 pages and it basically seems nothing new :(

That's what they said but, isn't it possible to fly below radar, like at 12,000 ft?
Am I wrong? If this 12,000 ft is right, then I'd lean to it being flawed.

Eh, I hope not, and I hope they find something where they're looking.

I think this was discussed way back in another thread. Derryn, iirc, said that for low altitude flying to successfully avoid radar it would have to be around 500ft. I can't find much but Wikipedia talks about it at altitudes of around 200ft.

I think that whole 'terrain masking' idea was generated by the media. It was reported that mh370 flew as low as 5000ft, but others have said that data is not reliable. I think what happened is that when it didn't turn up on any radars outside of Malaysia, so called experts speculated it flew low to avoid radar.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap-of-the-earth

This sounds right. Thank you, for this.

I think this was discussed way back in another thread. Derryn, iirc, said that for low altitude flying to successfully avoid radar it would have to be around 500ft. I can't find much but Wikipedia talks about it at altitudes of around 200ft.

I think that whole 'terrain masking' idea was generated by the media. It was reported that mh370 flew as low as 5000ft, but others have said that data is not reliable. I think what happened is that when it didn't turn up on any radars outside of Malaysia, so called experts speculated it flew low to avoid radar.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nap-of-the-earth

I just heard this from a TH on CNN and I typed it as quickly as I could to paraphrase the content, which IMO has merit

as the economies of emerging countries expand, they are able to enter areas of commerce in which they lack the necessary experience and expertise. they do not have anything near a proven history of managing and supporting all of the facets of modern aviation, especially in terms of implementing safeguards and conducting investigations when things go wrong. just because they have the money to purchase a plane doesn't mean that they are qualified to market jet travel. human lives are at stake and the current search has shown how incredibly expensive and complicated it is to mount investigation and search efforts

how "someone" would decide who can enter the game and who can't, I dunno, that's probably a whole can of political worms. but definitely food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare