Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The contact made by the pilot of the other aircraft to MH370 wreaks of Hypoxia due to a cabin pressure incident - I'm actually stunned that this pilot didn't recognize this.
(snipped)
Who's to say that when this happened, one of the crew hasn't slumped forward into the control column, disconnecting the auto pilot due to the application of the required force and deflection coupled with the cabin pressure emergency - sending the aicraft into its final dive...

Snipped for brevity, bolded by me (bbm).

Wouldn't the plane show a loss of altitude on radar if in fact it 'dove'? I don't discount the theory of hypoxia (sounds like it could be), but I'm wondering if the radar wouldn't have shown a loss of altitude...

I suppose I'm thinking of your comment 'final dive' to be something less than dropping out of the sky...I think it's pretty fair to say that cabin pressure had been compromised seriously, at the very least.

sigh. I hope this new debris field is in fact the missing plane...because families need answers, you know?

Best-
Herding cats

Snipped for brevity, bolded by me (bbm).

Wouldn't the plane show a loss of altitude on radar if in fact it 'dove'? I don't discount the theory of hypoxia (sounds like it could be), but I'm wondering if the radar wouldn't have shown a loss of altitude...

I suppose I'm thinking of your comment 'final dive' to be something less than dropping out of the sky...I think it's pretty fair to say that cabin pressure had been compromised seriously, at the very least.

sigh. I hope this new debris field is in fact the missing plane...because families need answers, you know?

Best-
Herding cats

Way O/T.... But...

I watched MythBusters last night... And the episode involved trying to see if trying to herd cats is impossible or not...

And I thought of you, HerdingCats! :seeya:

It was hysterical...

Guess what.... They found herding cats IS impossible! :cat: :cat: :cat:

:giggle:

ETA... We have four cats... So I could have told them the outcome before they even started... :D

LOL, NoClue. They didn't have to do a show about it; I could've told them. Impossible!

Best-
Herding Cats (doer of impossible things)

As soon as I told my husband about this (he's former Army/Iraq veteran), he said N. Korea is responsible. Honestly, I'd be surprised if they're not involved.

It is hard for me to believe if this happened this close to the coast of Vietnam - that there were no witnesses!

Thirteen Chinese officials boarded a plane bound for Malaysia on Monday morning. Their mission: to help investigate...

A few hours after the Chinese officials took off, some 150 distraught family and friends of those on the lost plane gathered in the grand ballroom complex of a Beijing hotel...

Inside, family members debated whether or not they would take Malaysia Airlines up on an offer to fly them to Kuala Lumpur. The first flight is scheduled to leave just after midnight on Tuesday. Some of the families have armed themselves with lawyers.

http://time.com/18231/malaysia-arlines-flight-mh-370-china-action/

Its just amazing that with as much traffic as there is in that area that no one has found anything yet. If terrorists, why no claim of responsibility?

They spoke to Maraldi yesterday at police headquarters, where he said he had lost his passport last year at a Patong motorcycle rental shop. The shop owner told him that she had given his passport to an Italian man who "said Mr Maraldi was his husband".

Maraldi said the passport disappeared on July 22 last year and he went to police on July 25 to report it missing. He flew back to Italy on a temporary travel document on August 3.

"I am not an expat who lives on Phuket. I have come and gone as a tourist."

"Just because they [the passports] were stolen doesn't mean the travellers were terrorists. "They could have been nothing more than thieves. Or they could have simply bought the passports on the black market."

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...a-airlines-flight-traced-bizarre-theft-phuket

_______

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said more than 60,000 passports - both Thai and foreign - were reported missing or stolen in Thailand between January 2012 and June 2013.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2014/03/10/malaysia-airlines-thailand-passports-idINL3N0M72EF20140310

Questions for Derryn Hunch or , or anyone who may know.

I have been reading about the ACARS system, and the upgrades to the technology in recent years. Here is a quick overview.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACARS"]Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

From what I understand, the Air France Flight 447 sent loads of ACARS data before it crashed into the ocean, which helped in the investigation to find out what happened. Some of this data indicated the autopilot switched off automatically (due to iced up pitot tubes), and the aircrew was apparently confused or something, and tried to climb to correct a stall, instead of descending.

My first question is, how many other modern air crashes (say, in the past 15 years) have there been NO ACARS data submitted? The ACARS system seems to use more than one portal to transmit data, so a complete lack of ACARS data seems very, very weird. Is the ACARS data pretty much sent instantaneously?

What kinds of scenarios would produce a complete lack of ACARS data? To my admittedly very amateur thoughts, it seems that even an explosion should generate some kind of pings, since it seems like it would take a "science fiction alien ray gun" to "vaporize" an entire plane instantaneously. Even explosive decompression and disintegration takes a bit of time, right? How could there be no data at all?

Is there some scenario where a complete loss of electrical power to the whole plane instantaneously would result in no ACARS data? The electrical systems are so complex, I can't imagine ALL of the redundancies being overcome at once?

Do you think it's likely that they actually have ACARS and other automatic data, but aren't releasing this information to the media and public?

I just have a hard time wrapping my head around a huge airliner just vanishing so suddenly, with no data, and no signs of a crash on land or in relatively shallow seas.

I agree with Derryn Hunch's comments that the geographic area is heavily monitored. If the Red October was passing by and the crew burst into song, four or five nations would sing along, lol! Cobra Gold has long been a multinational military "kumbaya".

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Gold"]Cobra Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Six men from Syria were still being held at Phuket International Airport last week after being arrested for carrying fake Greek passports in Beijing.

The men were aiming to find sanctuary in Stockholm from the civil war but were detected when authorities checked their documents while in transit in Beijing.

The six - four Syrians and two Lebanese - were returned to Phuket, their point of embarkation, without the passports. They were being held in the ''Hospitality'' section at Phuket airport while the UN refugee arm - UNHCR - searched for another country prepared to take the men.

When Phuketwan last spoke to the men on February 27, they had been held at the airport for 43 days.

One of the men, a 20-year-old university student, said that the group chose to try to flee to Stockholm via Phuket and Beijing because others before them had succeeded in reaching Sweden.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/stolen-phuket-passports-link-fate-malaysia-flight-mh370-19868/

They spoke to Maraldi yesterday at police headquarters, where he said he had lost his passport last year at a Patong motorcycle rental shop. The shop owner told him that she had given his passport to an Italian man who "said Mr Maraldi was his husband".

Maraldi said the passport disappeared on July 22 last year and he went to police on July 25 to report it missing. He flew back to Italy on a temporary travel document on August 3.

"I am not an expat who lives on Phuket. I have come and gone as a tourist."

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...a-airlines-flight-traced-bizarre-theft-phuket

_______

Benjawan Narkmaraka runs B.N. Massage in Patong, where renting motorcycles to tourists is a sideline, as it is for so many small businesses all over the Thai holiday island of Phuket.

Local police from the regional west coast station in Patong went to the massage shop this afternoon in the wake of international concern at the ease with which passports can be stolen and sold on Phuket.

Today Khun Benjawan's recollection was different. ''Luigi was a regular customer,'' she said. ''One day, when a relative was looking after the shop, a Russian man came and said he needed the passport back so his friend Luigi could make a cash exchange.

''The Russian man said he was prepared to leave the passport of Luigi's Russian girlfriend as a swap for Luigi's passport.''

So Mr Maraldi's passport was swapped for the Russian woman's passport, Khun Benjawan said. When Mr Maraldi returned looking for his passport, he was told ''Your girlfriend has been to the shop.''

But the Russian woman who owned the passport had reported it stolen to Patong police just one day earlier.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket...lls-gave-italian-mans-passport-russian-19878/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea