Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been posted already but I've just discovered it - surely not true?!
An email received by the Mail recently suggested that the aircraft had been hijacked and that the pilots had been ordered to fly around Malaysian and Indonesian air space while negotiations were carried out.
Those negotiations, said the email - from a source in Malaysia which could not be verified - demanded the dropping of a jail sentence imposed on Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.
The hijackers, said the email, gave government negotiators five hours to meet their demands or the plane would be destroyed.
Last night Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister said he could not comment on the report in the New Straits Times adding that 'if it is true, we would have known about it much earlier.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yhFVsZMu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BBM

This seems like a crazy response! Perhaps HE did not know about it as he wasn't in the decision making group. But then again, this email just surfacing after a month fits the scenario better than anything we have heard to date! It certainly answers the questions as to Malaysia's initial reaction of not reporting the plane missing and the first few days following the plane's disappearance.

Of course, it may just be another theory!

I think the main issue that has arisen with the disappearance of MH370 is that Malaysia does not check passports against IE: Interpol database to verify that the passport presented is authentic and not stolen..

But I have enjoyed reading the posts in this discussion..

It is probably known that Malaysia does not check passports and that is exactly why it was chosen. My curiosity still wonders where these two came up with so much money?

Has the search area been shifted? Are planes looking for debris still? I don't think any debris will be found at this late time. Thanks

PERTH, April 13 — Authorities have expanded a visual search for the missing Malaysian Air jet as a failure to detect further signals from the plane’s black-box recorders deepened concern the devices’ battery power has expired.

Since four signals were heard between April 5 and 8, no further signs have been confirmed from the pinger locator pulled by vessel Ocean Shield. Australian authorities today deployed more planes to scour 57,506 square kilometres of water, while a seabed-scanning robot submarine remained unused.

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...-black-boxes-stay-silent#sthash.DQr68uz6.dpuf

Hmmm...sounds like the CNN commentators are losing the faith! I keep thinking that the on-site investigators and scientists know the location of the recorders, but maybe its just a wing and a prayer they are using in their pursuit. Not diminishing their efforts or expertise, just realizing what a nebulous task they have. If we are frustrated, just imagine their frustration. JMO

I think the main issue that has arisen with the disappearance of MH370 is that Malaysia does not check passports against IE: Interpol database to verify that the passport presented is authentic and not stolen..

But I have enjoyed reading the posts in this discussion..

Yep. No need to profile based on anything - just check every traveller’s passport. Terrorists and refugees don’t only come in the Middle Eastern flavour.

Also - someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but the reports of the comm. systems being deliberately disabled are only speculation at this point. There’s no way for them to know at this point that it wasn’t the result of mechanical failure.

Thank you for sharing your unique perspective!

The only thing I will say is, as far as the accents are concerned....you have no Italian accent and instead a Canadian w/ mix of Southern US....but do you have a Persian accent? The Iranian man, if he was raised in Iran, would have had a Persian accent, not a Western accent. If he was not raised in Iran, he would not be trying to flee from there as he would already have been elsewhere.

What I mean is, some of these things put together should have been enough to just simply warrant a double-check of the passport. That's all I'm saying. Just a double-check.

Not only accent or name or whatever, but also circumstances of his travels - where was he going and why? Who was his travelling with? Was he travelling alone? Why travelling alone? Was he travelling for leisure/vacation, or for business? If leisure, what type and what did he do in the places he visited? If business, what business?

Anyway, ok you guys are probably right that Malaysia didn't really have the incentive to ask these questions, as this man was leaving Malaysia so what did it matter to them? He was leaving their country, no longer any involvement with Malaysia. They would just let the other country where he was landing take care of these questions.

So, effectively, "passing on the buck."

I suppose this is the reason they did not care to even double-check the passports when IMO clearly some additional information was required of these 2 men. Malaysia's philosophy was - they are leaving Malaysia so what do we care?

Let Amsterdam deal with them.

SURELY, these questions would have been asked at the Customs desks in Amsterdam.

But then again, maybe not. We know the 9/11 hijackers were allowed to walk into the US, so guess we can never be sure of anything.

The only problem with this philosophy of "they are leaving the country so why do we care" is because unfortunately some people (terrorist) aim to do harm on the way to the new location where they will be checked out.

Also, Malaysia let them in their country for what purpose I don't know. Obviously they were just there to pick up stolen passports and then go to Europe.

JMO.

Wow! :floorlaugh: You would ace an interview at Homeland Security. ;) Not being sarcastic either.

Interesting email....

I, from the beginning have suspected electrical/ mechanical failure. A failure that disabled navigation, radio, transponder. Making flying by landmarks necessary. Newer 777s have glass and digital instruments- Pilots would not know altitude, air speed, fuel, nothing. They could have set the transponder to emergency settings but if it's not working, then it will just show it's off on the ground. Hubby has the control tower phone numbers in his phone and carries a hand held radio when he flies. As a aircraft mechanic he has seen trouble with radio communications too many times and has both used his phone and handheld to contact the tower to get clearance. I believe the co-pilots call was an attempt to call the control tower to land at Panay. Trying to land and out of the path of other aircraft, in the middle of very busy airspace with electrical/ mechanical problems coupled with no ability to communicate or transpond your location...I think would be almost impossible and look very erratic on radar.

What are they waiting on to send a vessel down to investigate the area the pings were heard?

Hi All - newbie here. I have been a WS lurker for years and have never posted before. I have been following this thread and have a question that possibly someone with aviation experience can answer.

Is it possible for a plane to lose total control of its systems but continue to fly rogue on its own? What I mean is, I had a cousin who's boat controls malfunctioned. Couldn't turn the engine off, couldn't steer, flipping all switches without and reaction. He essentially had to place a distress call to the coast guard (I understand that a plane radio is slightly diff than a boat radio) and have them come rescue & fix the situation.

Is something like that possible in a plane? Complete loss of electrical controls and devices but mechanically it continues to work and fly on its own?

What are they waiting on to send a vessel down to investigate the area the pings were heard?

They're still crunching the data on the pings received so they can determine the best place to deploy the Bluefin submersible. From what I understand, it'll go down and start surveying the ocean floor, which is a slow process, but could reveal, for example, sunken wreckage. I think the slowness of the process (I've heard the bluefin described as moving at a walking pace) is why they are not rushing to deploy it till they have fully analyzed the pings they got. Remember it took a while for the Inmarsat data to get crunched, but once it did, the black box pings were found right on the arc they laid down.

Hi All - newbie here. I have been a WS lurker for years and have never posted before. I have been following this thread and have a question that possibly someone with aviation experience can answer.

Is it possible for a plane to lose total control of its systems but continue to fly rogue on its own? What I mean is, I had a cousin who's boat controls malfunctioned. Couldn't turn the engine off, couldn't steer, flipping all switches without and reaction. He essentially had to place a distress call to the coast guard (I understand that a plane radio is slightly diff than a boat radio) and have them come rescue & fix the situation.

Is something like that possible in a plane? Complete loss of electrical controls and devices but mechanically it continues to work and fly on its own?

Welcome YayChristy :)

:welcome:

BBM

This seems like a crazy response! Perhaps HE did not know about it as he wasn't in the decision making group. But then again, this email just surfacing after a month fits the scenario better than anything we have heard to date! It certainly answers the questions as to Malaysia's initial reaction of not reporting the plane missing and the first few days following the plane's disappearance.

Of course, it may just be another theory!

The email from an unverified or unknown source is NOT really that new.

I've known about this theory for over 2 weeks. The Mail Online published it late one night along with other " news" about the missing flight, then pulled the report less than an hour later.

So the info has been out in the internet world for at least 2 weeks, even if one assumes that the Daily Mail was the first source to report this on the night they first did, then deleted it.

The article states the defective part was installed in the 777-300ER series. This jet was a 777-200ER. Perhaps the directive didn't apply to this model? With that said, however, I'm not discounting another problem that hadn't been addressed or corrected.

MOO

:blushing: didn't even notice that. Regardless, I have a feeling something is being hidden because of fear of embarrasment. Wasn't MH370 recently serviced for a left wing tip issue?

Has the search area been shifted? Are planes looking for debris still? I don't think any debris will be found at this late time. Thanks

Not that I know of. I know they are trying to narrow the search area around the locations of the pings so they can send a sub down to map out the area. Then they will send down another sub thing to try and bring up the black boxes. As far as looking for debris, I don't think they are still.

Flight MH370 co-pilot tried to make mid-flight phonecall, report claims

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/12/mh370-co-pilot-phonecall-malaysia

Something just occurred to me. Could a fire have knocked out the ability to communicate? So they tried a cellphone?

I can't answer the question, but I wanted to say; :welcome:

I don't think he would take 228 innocent people with him.

What's the point of ditching a plane in the deepest waters of the world if you can just head back to KL?

Unless, he wanted this to happen. Put Malaysia on the world stage.

All JMO.

If his personal life and favorite political person's term was over, who knows what he might do. The passengers may have already been cut off oxygen and just went to "sleep" before he dumped the plane in the deepest part of the ocean of the world...

Something just occurred to me. Could a fire have knocked out the ability to communicate? So they tried a cellphone?

I can't answer the question, but I wanted to say; :welcome:

Emus try to be so helpful.....The pilot purposely turned the plane around, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX