Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I think the crew should be investigated. It seems unlikely to be either of the pilots. Were there any very experienced cabin crew who had a huge interest in becoming a pilot? They have the ability to access the cockpit moreso than passengers. And if one if the communication devices switched off was outside the cockpit they certainly had access to it.

A crew member could have been buddies with the co-pilot and he practiced on his flight stimulator?

On MH370, it was the real deal, and the co-pilot let buddy flight crew member in the cockpit....

We need to find out the relationships of this crew.

taking control of all the people on that plane would take a large number of people.. not just some cockpit takeover. They would have to somehow subdue all the passengers and take all their electronic devices. :twocents: just my thoughts here

They could of subdued everyone by hitting 45,000 feet, and disabling the gas masks?

Friend of the captain on CNN. He said if anything happened on the plane the captain would have put the safety of the passengers before himself. :( In my heart I just don't think he would harm a soul. That being said, who said, "Alright, good night"? Perhaps it was neither of the Malaysian Airlines' pilots.

Is there a chance the transponder could have been turned off by cabin crew or the copilot if/when the pilot went to the bathroom? Would he have known that had been turned off when he came back? Perhaps that's an explanation for him saying goodnight after it had been turned off. Maybe the hijacker/s were waiting for any opportunity to turn it off and start the plan after the pilot said goodnight.

Just throwing thoughts out there. My theory changes every few minutes. At the moment I'm thinking one of the cabin crew was in on it with the copilot.

wtf now World News is saying they're searching the western coast of Australia. And that there was a Left Turn preprogrammed into the flight path.

I don't understand why there would be only one "ping" to satellite ( at 8:11a.m.) over a 6-7 hour time period that the plane was in the air . Even if there was only one other one, you would then be easily able to determine which direction the plane was flying.

Yes, and the typical pattern that the staff persues (drinks, snacks, etc) would also have been disrupted.. plus usually staff are not new and know the shifts and turns of a "normal" flight (re: the altitude change alone should have at least alerted the head steward).. I have a friend that is a flight attendant and she told me she would know right away if the course was off on her normal flights that she attends on. (thank you for the info on the wifi and phones)

bbm
I was thinking the same..the crew would know if something was up when the plane turned and also any passenger(s) who have flown that route before for business would realize something was amiss early on...

taking control of all the people on that plane would take a large number of people.. not just some cockpit takeover. They would have to somehow subdue all the passengers and take all their electronic devices. :twocents: just my thoughts here

There was a discussion earlier, about a potential way to instantly subdue ALL of the passengers. When the plane elevated to 45000 feet, the passengers would need their air masks. Those masks could have been tampered with, which would potentially disable and then kill all of the passengers.

This is REALLY chilling and a bit creepy... but here is the explanation for this.

The pilot (or whoever is flying the plane) has control over the oxygen in the cabin.
They can turn it off... basically causing a decompression. They could do it before anyone had time to react. :scared:

They could have flown up to 45,000 feet... turned off the oxygen and killed everyone within minutes.
Especially if they flew a bit erratically and made it difficult to put on masks. They'd lose consciousness fast.

The masks that drop down are only meant to allow time to descend (10-15 minutes.)
They could have used the *advertiser censored* pit oxygen (90 minutes total in the *advertiser censored* pit) while they did this.
Then dropped back down, turned the oxygenation back on and not had anyone to fight them. :twocents:

The cabin pressure is generally done automatically but there is an option to do it manually.
All a pilot has to do is not turn that on, or turn it off and put their own oxygen mask on... and everyone else will die. :scared:

(Also flying to 45,000 feet may have caused the engines to stop.
They'd have to dive to 25,000 or below to start them again.
That's another possible explanation for the plane dropping that low that fast.)

In the Helios Flight 522 this is essentially what happened except it wasn't intentional so the pilots died too.

The cabin pressure was set to manual from maintenance the day before and the pilots did not realize it.
When they started climbing people couldn't breathe and the oxygen masks dropped.
The pilots did not know the oxygen masks had dropped and kept climbing.
Then they misunderstood all the alarms that were going off... and lost consciousness before they figured it out.
There was also 3 hours of extra oxygen (separate from passengers and *advertiser censored* pit) on the Helios Flight.

That flight flew on auto pilot until it ran out of gas and crashed.
(There is a documentary on youtube about it if anyone wants to watch it.)

Have I been looking at this stuff too long?
Does anyone else see a vague shape of a plane (front half, wings and nose)?

I circled it-
View attachment 41917

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/543185

I keep thinking if it is deep maybe that is why just a shadow of it, more or less....then again I think I am getting wonky from looking at 4 different Tomnod grids :crazy:

:giggle: Tell me I am losing it and need to take a break, PLEASE! :please:

After staring at it all night and day, indeed, you are losing it and need a break! There now, better? If you must continue staring, you can borrow my glasses -- they don't work for me. :seeya:

(I couldn't see anything in your pic, either. Thanks for all your input here!)

I think pre-9/11 procedure was compliance. Cooperate and hope you will be let go.

Now, I imagine training is just to prevent it from happening through locked cockpit doors and screening for weapons/terrorists. It's much harder to claim you have a bomb on board nowadays because they screen for that, at least in many countries. I can't imagine there's much they can do beyond that, except have some sort of code word, but what could outsiders do beyond shoot it down?

Is there a chance the transponder could have been turned off by cabin crew or the copilot if/when the pilot went to the bathroom? Would he have known that had been turned off when he came back? Perhaps that's an explanation for him saying goodnight after it had been turned off. Maybe the hijacker/s were waiting for any opportunity to turn it off and start the plan after the pilot said goodnight.

Just throwing thoughts out there. My theory changes every few minutes. At the moment I'm thinking one of the cabin crew was in on it with the copilot.

Yes, anything is possible isn't it? Once MH370 was at cruising altitude, he left his seat and co-pilot let 1 or 2 crew members in, but still the Captain did say goodnight. :scared:

It's looks like it's time to install cameras in aircraft. :facepalm:

CNN was interviewing a friend of the pilot, who he met at a charity helping underprivileged children. He lives in a very nice gated community.

The pilot seems like a genuinely nice guy in my humble opinion. He has those youtube do it yourself air conditioning repair videos, donates his time helping kids. He just seems like a nice, outgoing man that enjoys people.

wtf now World News is saying they're searching the western coast of Australia. And that there was a Left Turn preprogrammed into the flight path.

No way!! But I suppose if someone in Oz reported seeing something strange that night it would be just about in range.

Who could have preprogrammed that in?

Have I been looking at this stuff too long?
Does anyone else see a vague shape of a plane (front half, wings and nose)?

I circled it-
View attachment 41917

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014/map/543185

I keep thinking if it is deep maybe that is why just a shadow of it, more or less....then again I think I am getting wonky from looking at 4 different Tomnod grids :crazy:

:giggle: Tell me I am losing it and need to take a break, PLEASE! :please:

I definitely see it too!!

I don't understand why there would be only one "ping" to satellite ( at 8:11a.m.) over a 6-7 hour time period that the plane was in the air . Even if there was only one other one, you would then be easily able to determine which direction the plane was flying.

There were multiple pings, one every hour (or half-hour, depending on the media source you trust). But they don't show which way the plane flew, ONLY the distance from the satellite each time. Plane could have been moving north or south, no way to know.

If the cabin was depressurized at that altitude, would it kill people instantly?

If not, it takes at least 5 minutes to die from oxygen deprivation, probably more. And if some passengers were able to use the masks, add that time on. Were they at such an altitude long enough?

There were hourly pings. The media views showing the "arcs" is the last one captured at 8:11am. This is from my understanding from the description by cnn's expert Chad.

I would love to see the prior plots.

After staring at it all night and day, indeed, you are losing it and need a break! There now, better? If you must continue staring, you can borrow my glasses -- they don't work for me. :seeya:

(I couldn't see anything in your pic, either. Thanks for all your input here!)

And to add insult to injury, not ONE whale today :tantrum:

And yeah, I prolly will take a break :banghead:

As for abandoned air fields in Vietnam and neighboring countries, I grew up in the subtropics and, in fact, my high school was built on what had been a Naval Air Field during WWII.

Unless a landing strip is maintained very carefully, vegetation takes over quickly in that sort of climate. I doubt those "thousands of abandoned airfields" in Indochina are still capable of handling a 777 landing.

This is what my husband told me too. He said the landing strips he's aware of would be exposed to satellite detection and that the long one doesn't have a hangar so authorities would be able to spot the aircraft.

Someone posted a few pages back three codes used by all pilots. There is a universal code used to indicate a hijacking is taking place (four digit, 7600?). Hopefully they never have to use any of the codes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01