Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
ELT

for our aviation experts

doesn't the 777 have an ELT in addition to a transponder

BBM~ Your addresses, employment history, criminal, financial history, where you have travelled, what is your sole purpose to travel to Israel.

Any red flags come up, you are looked from the inside out upon arrival.

JMO.[/QUOTE]

Adding:

They check your relations, your activities. Their security is known to be one of the (if not the) most efficient and effective in the world. Interesting to note, you do not remove your shoes, clothing or accessories going through security while arriving or departing.

Yes. They do turn passengers away. Some before they step foot in the airport. You see, Ben Gurion International Airport has a security check point that cars must clear before entering. HTH.

BBM ~ I agree with your points, but I doubt the passengers were held at gunpoint.

It is much easier to disable the passengers by depressurization of the cabin, IMO.

Besides, in this day and age people have more than one internet device, such as an extra cell phone, iPads, laptops, etc.

I just saw some former big shot former Army general on Fox. Last week he was the first to suggest this was some sort of high jacking as opposed to mechanical failure. He said based on info he has recieved, he believes the plane is in Pakistan. He feels something will break in the next 24 hours. He said he thinks the reason the US navy has stopped searching the Indian Ocean is because they have the same information.
Don't know how reliable he is but thought I'd report it here.

In Pakistan? But it would have to have been with the knowledge of ISI (Pakistan intelligence) and Pakistan Army b/c there is, IMO, no way a plane would have passed through their radar and just been able to land somewhere. I put Pakistan on whole other level defense-wise than Malaysia or other countries like Myanmar, Bangladesh.

But that is interesting and I wonder what information he has.

BBM ~ I saw this upon waking up. :coffeews:

If this is the case, MH370 flew in the northern corridor, which is risky, IMO.

Me too. And all I could think was..."really, Thailand? And you chose not to mention this, why?":banghead:

well, dang - why doesn't every country do that?

JMO... In the USA... Political correctness trumps national and global security...

:sigh:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has to do with $ too. Sadly. IMO

Agree. For the most part. What still glares at me is how that crippled plane kept flying for hours :scared:

Do we know it really kept flying for hours? Or did it just ping for hours and was actually not in flight any longer but kept pinging Until the battery or what ever died?

oh, please! This is what we are dealing with!?!?!?!?!

Thailand gives radar data 10 days after plane lost

Thailand’s military said Tuesday that its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner’s communications went down, and that it didn’t share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn’t specifically asked for it.

Thailand’s failure to quickly share possible information regarding the fate of the plane, and the 239 people aboard it, may not substantially change what Malaysian officials know, but it raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defense information, even in the name of an urgent and mind-bending aviation mystery.

With only its own radar to go on, it took Malaysia a week to confirm that Flight 370 had entered the strait, an important detail that led it to change its search strategy.

When asked why it took so long to release the information, Montol said, “Because we did not pay any attention to it. The Royal Thai Air Force only looks after any threats against our country, so anything that did not look like a threat to us, we simply look at it without taking actions.”

He said the plane never entered Thai airspace and that Malaysia’s initial request for information in the early days of the search was not specific.

“When they asked again and there was new information and assumptions from (Malaysian) Prime Minister Najib Razak, we took a look at our information again,” Montol said. “It didn’t take long for us to figure out, although it did take some experts to find out about it.”

Flight 370 took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12:40 a.m. Malaysian time and its transponder, which allows air traffic controllers to identify and track the airplane, ceased communicating at 1:20 a.m.

Montol said that at 1:28 a.m., Thai military radar “was able to detect a signal, which was not a normal signal, of a plane flying in the direction opposite from the MH370 plane,” back toward Kuala Lumpur. The plane later turned right, toward Butterworth, a Malaysian city along the Strait of Malacca. The radar signal was infrequent and did not include any data such as the flight number.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/18/thailand_gives_radar_data_10_days_after_plane_lost/

bbm

Even if he did have - They could be alternates that he practiced for emergency's.
Couldn't think of many better ways than using MS flight sim to familiarize oneself with otherwise unfamiliar emergency alternates in your area if you just happened to find yourself trying to land at one in the dead of night with little to no lighting, communications or possibly even navigation equipment.

BBM ~ But it would be dead of night if flying towards sunrise. South East? And the last ping was at 8:11am - plenty of light to land.

damn... i've done it again, 12:30am... I should have been asleep hrs ago!!! Night all - Hopefully tomorrow is a more eventful day!

You need to change up your sleep pattern :floorlaugh: Thanks again for all your expertise here. Sleep well.

Thailand’s military said Tuesday that its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner’s communications went down, and that it didn’t share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn’t specifically asked for it.

Thailand’s failure to quickly share possible information regarding the fate of the plane, and the 239 people aboard it, may not substantially change what Malaysian officials know, but it raises questions about the degree to which some countries are sharing their defense information, even in the name of an urgent and mind-bending aviation mystery.

With only its own radar to go on, it took Malaysia a week to confirm that Flight 370 had entered the strait, an important detail that led it to change its search strategy.

When asked why it took so long to release the information, Montol said, “Because we did not pay any attention to it. The Royal Thai Air Force only looks after any threats against our country, so anything that did not look like a threat to us, we simply look at it without taking actions.”

He said the plane never entered Thai airspace and that Malaysia’s initial request for information in the early days of the search was not specific.

“When they asked again and there was new information and assumptions from (Malaysian) Prime Minister Najib Razak, we took a look at our information again,” Montol said. “It didn’t take long for us to figure out, although it did take some experts to find out about it.”

Flight 370 took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12:40 a.m. Malaysian time and its transponder, which allows air traffic controllers to identify and track the airplane, ceased communicating at 1:20 a.m.

Montol said that at 1:28 a.m., Thai military radar “was able to detect a signal, which was not a normal signal, of a plane flying in the direction opposite from the MH370 plane,” back toward Kuala Lumpur. The plane later turned right, toward Butterworth, a Malaysian city along the Strait of Malacca. The radar signal was infrequent and did not include any data such as the flight number.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/18/thailand_gives_radar_data_10_days_after_plane_lost/

bbm

Ommmggggggg.

****IMO, all these countries are covering their own butts. They don't want to admit the weaknesses in their defense. I guess that is a natural reaction.

BBM ~ I saw this upon waking up. :coffeews:

If this is the case, MH370 flew in the northern corridor, which is risky, IMO.

There was a video linked previously that was of some kind of flight radar that had 370 in the gulf of Thailand and seemed to be "piggy backing" another plane?

At the time I thought it was far fetched, but I'd like to look at it again.

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and do you have a link? I've searched through my history but can't seem to locate it.

Thank you!

bbm

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Thailand is still on my bucket list. I think. Grrrrrrr.......................

bbm

They didn't ask for it?? WTH

Maybe they would of willingly handed the info over if Thai passengers were onboard. :facepalm:

There was a video linked previously that was of some kind of flight radar that had 370 in the gulf of Thailand and seemed to be "piggy backing" another plane?

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and do you have a link? I've searched through my history but can't seem to locate it.

Thank you!

I have not dismissed the "piggy-back" theory but even though it seems impossible it is still possible.
:seeya: I'd look, but I have to get ready for work.

Thank you!

I saw it too. It was a Singapore Airline. If I find it, I will post.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: Thailand is still on my bucket list. I think. Grrrrrrr.......................

Thailand is a great place! I'd go back in a heartbeat. I think :waitasec:

Thank you!

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/p...ysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

Malaysia Airlines MH 370 /Singapore Arilines Flgiht from Singapore to Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member