Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon :seeya:

Did not take me as long to catch up today, I think a majority of thread followers here have collapsed from mental exhaustion!
Or, more likely, it's turned into such a cluster *bleep* that there is really not much more we can say (or theorize) about MH370 :(

ETA- Or it could be because I was reading here until after 4 am, so I did not miss much...

I think it's all of the above!

"Breaking News" per CNN - USS Kidd has called off search in Indian Ocean.

This is kind of surprising and I am thinking that behind-the-scenes, everyone knows the plane is not in an ocean?

Could be for long term revenge??

One person at a time.....to show how many more lives they could take. The peoples lives would be a BIG bargaining tool, IMO. Just think what each person would be thinking.....their families. It would be mental abuse of all.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.........One person at a time....the Opposite of 9/11

balloony.gif

Imagine the ransom money that could be bargained for.

Imagine how much money they could solicit if it became announced that terrorists were holding all on board and they would start killing them one by one.

I think it's all of the above!

"Breaking News" per CNN - USS Kidd has called off search in Indian Ocean.

This is kind of surprising and I am thinking that behind-the-scenes, everyone knows the plane is not in an ocean?

Australians taking over. Read up thread

Just one thing I have noticed re: TV commentary - they keep putting up list of like 20 countries the plane would have had to fly over if it had taken the northern arc.

However, looking at the map on here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/17/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight.html

Couldn't have the flight have toe-ed the border b/w Thailand and Myanmar - then from there the arc only passes through China.

The arc does not pass over India, Pakistan, or Afghanistan, as many in the news keep stating.

That part of China is not heavily populated. Also, it is possible that the Chinese defense did not notice "blip" on radar just like Malaysia didn't (or didn't act on it), OR it is also possible that they had insiders in China defense who conveniently "ignored" the blip.

Then, you have flight possibly going throuh Kyrgystan and Kazakhstan - not countries we think of as having sophisticated defense systems. Also, sparsely populated.

JMO.

I do have a question from the other day. The term "jump seat" or something like that was used.

What is that?

Imagine how much money they could solicit if it became announced that terrorists were holding all on board and they would start killing them one by one.

Isn't this the plot of the new Liam Neeson movie, Nonstop?

When the story of this missing plane first broke, I was recovering from the flu and thought my fuzzy head just couldn't hold onto what I read. I now realize the story is changing every day. A commercial airline pilot on Fox this morning said that the last transmission was not unusual and that standard practice would be for the co-pilot to speak to the ATC while the pilot flew the plane. He also found nothing nefarious about the pilot having built a simulator. I think the pilot might be a convenient scapegoat for the Malaysian government. He is a supporter of the legal opposition party, not some fringe group. Someone else said that the search area compared to finding a single person somewhere between New York City and Los Angeles.

They keep saying the pilot might have been mad because the guy he supports politically, was convicted of homosexuality the day before. I don't think what happened to this plane was some spontaneous decision. I think it was well planned in advance. Doesn't rule out the pilot,but I wish they would stop blaming it on what happened just the day before.

Isn't this the plot of the new Liam Neeson movie, Nonstop?

My Goodness !!!

You are right and notice the altitude in the movie recap below:

Global action star Liam Neeson stars in Non-Stop, a suspense thriller played out at 40,000 feet in the air. During a transatlantic flight from New York City to London, U.S. Air Marshal Bill Marks receives a series of cryptic text messages demanding that he instruct the airline to transfer $150 million more »into an off-shore account. Until he secures the money, a passenger on his flight will be killed every 20 minutes.

.....as I too stated.

With 238 people on board........they could say they will kill ONE person a day, or even every couple of day. That means they have the upper hand will into a Year, if they kill one per day or every other day. How long would Gov't allow this? The mental abuse for the people on the plane.....the mental abuse for all their families wondering if their family member is next?

This abuse of power could then last almost a year long IF ONLY one life taken a day.....that is what terrorist want. Radical Pain.

Think about that.....they WOULD be holding the power for a while, and if not found....

Where else can you *grab* a bunch of people to terrorize?? A plane would be a good place to *round up a bunch of victims*....IMO

shame.gif

We seem to know less and less each day!!! :tantrum:

I'm sorry for offending anyone by bringing this map in here. I posted the map after listening to several days of conflicting stories regarding the facts surrounding the disappearance of MH370.

Is was not posted in a 'HAHAHA this is so funny' way.

My thoughts when I posted the map 'oh my word, they really have no idea where to look for this plane.'

I was frustrated and I'm sorry for offending anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got it exactly the way it was intended. No worries, a little levity is a good thing;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there may have been decisions made at a high level in the U.S. government to start to back away from the whole situation. Because of the actions/inactions of the Malaysian government.

The last I had read, even after the Malaysians had announced they were going to do thorough checks of the backgrounds of everyone on the plane, they were refusing to use Interpol to gather info. These kinds of decisions cannot be sitting well with the U.S. officials.

Plus, at this point, with no demands of any kind being made by any highjackers and based on the pings from the satellites, I think the U.S. is pretty darn sure the plane is in the ocean somewhere.

I feel sad about the whole thing, but I honestly do not care to see a huge amount of American tax dollars paying for an ocean search when there is no clue to the location.
I can see us going back and assisting with actual recovery if the location is ever determined.

Just one thing I have noticed re: TV commentary - they keep putting up list of like 20 countries the plane would have had to fly over if it had taken the northern arc.

Couldn't have the flight have toe-ed the border b/w Thailand and Myanmar - then from there the arc only passes through China.

The arc does not pass over India, Pakistan, or Afghanistan, as many in the news keep stating.

That part of China is not heavily populated. Also, it is possible that the Chinese defense did not notice "blip" on radar just like Malaysia didn't (or didn't act on it), OR it is also possible that they had insiders in China defense who conveniently "ignored" the blip.

Then, you have flight possibly going throuh Kyrgystan and Kazakhstan - not countries we think of as having sophisticated defense systems. Also, sparsely populated.

JMO.

Here's the map again (I think I posted it on the last thread :) :

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/62d8cf4d-9f41-405c-b89c-312cc73bb6a5_zps236656de.png.html][/URL]

Is that map real? How could the plane have flown to Greenland or Brazil on 7 hours worth of fuel? That's not possible.

No, it came from thread 6 on here, and I think I should have more accurately referred to it as a 'cynical commentary' rather than a 'joke.' Think political cartoon if that helps. It's no secret that this is widely considered one of the most mismanaged government searches in history. Malaysia has rightly come under fire, IMO.

No worries alwaysonmymind we are all frustrated and fed up with no developments or answers about what happened to the poor people on this plane.

Second this. I took it as visually effective political commentary, and a sad point indeed. No one is laughing, though that map becomes truer with each passing day.

I do have a question from the other day. The term "jump seat" or something like that was used.

What is that?

I believe it's an extra little drop-down seat in the cockpit (behind the pilots, sitting sideways) that is a courtesy seat available for other (non-piloting) pilots from the airline to use when needing to go to the intended destination to pilot an aircraft from.

Hope that convoluted sentence made sense. :eek:

Well. Here we are, no closer to actually knowing anything than we were the morning this happened.

Here we are, debating what actually happened.

Good grief, but this is frustrating. I can't imagine what it's like to be a family member of one of the passengers, or the pilots.

Originally, I had thought the plane had suffered a catastrophic explosion (ala Locherbie/Lockerbie), but we have found absolutely NO debris at all...

Then I thought well, it was hijacked and the pilots did evasive actions and lost control of the plane. but then, we still don't have any debris or indication that this happened.

Then the crazy flight pattern was released...up, down, all around. Avoidance of radar, low flying techniques, waystops, and whatnot.

I have NO idea what happened. I do think that Malaysia is scapegoating the pilot...but more than that, I don't know.

One guy at the dogpark thinks that we will hear of the plane, once it gets repainted, and it will be carrying a dirty bomb and crash into a big city...or into a nuclear plant. Usually I dismiss his conversation as "out there" and "tin-hat stuff". This time? Not so much. After all, it makes about as much sense as anything else we're speculating about, yanno?

Sigh. My prayers continue for all those who have been personally affected by the disappearance of flight MH370...

Best-
Herding Cats

OT

Since it is a little slow. Wanted to share a plane incident that happened to me that I had forgotten about until last night.

We were flying along on a commercial flight at cruising altitude and everything was going fine. You could barely see the ground due to high up we were and the clouds. I estimate we were at least 30,000 feet. The seatbelt signs were off and all was fine. I was in a right side seat and had a window seat near back of plane.

I just happened to be looking out the window and noticed the angle of the wing start to climb and the ground disappeared. I looked down the isle to the front while I had one eye out the window and that was the only way I could tell that our plane was taking a really sharp left turn. After about 5-10 seconds of hard banking to the left, the plane leveled off again. This had me really intriqued as to why the pilot would make such a crazy maneuvor at the height we were at. The other important thing to note is I looked around and abosolutely nobody in the whole plane noticed our plane took an exteme left turn. The pilot did it real smoothly even though the banking was extreme. If I had not been looking out the window at the ground I would have never known it either.

As we leveled back out after about 3 minutes, I continued to watch out the window and all of a sudden another plane coming from the other direction flew under our plane and to my right. It flew past at an incredible speed and was about 1000 feet below us and slightly to the right.

I immediately put 2+2 together and realized that our pilot made a pretty extreme evasive maneuver at 30000+ feet to miss that plane. I think some airlines flight path must have messed up because our 2 planes practically had a head on collision. We must have had the exact same flight path and almost same altitude.

I was very happy our pilot must have been paying attention but I do wonder if it could have turned out much worse if they werent paying attention. It was pretty incredible and I was literally the only passenger that noticed it. Even the stewardesses seemed unaware of what had happened.

"PUTRAJAYA: Family members of the passengers of MH370 who are being hosted at a hotel here are allowed to indulge in various pursuits and distractions while waiting for news regarding the missing flight."

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...at-hotel-offered-activities-to-break-routine/

I find the use of the word "allowed" to be rather strange. Are independent journalists being "allowed" free access to these family members?

JMO.

Just to clarify, the arc is not a flight path. It just shows (if it's accurate) where the plane may have been, at one point (only) on this arc line, at 8:11am.

I also wonder whether it's accurate, since so many other data assumptions are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrackingCrime