Malicious Ad and/or site redirect !!!

Awwww.... man.
Just checked in quickly and planned to return later... 4 times my Webroot changed the page I was attempting to read into the grey "Warning" page that I was in unsafe territory.
Curious if Webroot sees WS as a virus-infected page ?
Will contact them later.

Have a good day, everyone.

This is the message I'm receiving : ( Webroot SecureAnywhere Pop-up Page)

Malicious attack ahead

Webroot has blocked access to the website you tried to open.
It has been reported to contain malicious content.

Get me out of here
Tell me more about it
Webroot Content Classification and Web Reputation
This site might contain links to viruses or other software programs that can reveal personal information stored or typed on your computer to malicious persons.

Reputation Index
This website falls under the following categories:
Malware Sites
Unblock page and continue

Hth

Webroot is no help at all... thinking about changing to a better virus protector !

Whatever helps

https://hacked.com/chinese-white-hats-win-200000-hacking-iphones-google-devices/

[...]

"However, that app did not survive beyond a reboot of the phone, due to a default iPhone security configuration that prevented persistence of malware.

[...]

Furthermore, he noted that all the successful exploits showcased during the hacking event were triggered by routing a connection to a malicious website via a web browser. While the exploits aren’t trivial to develop, particularly with the iOS platform, the damning fact still underlines the ease in which an unsuspecting target can turn into a victim.

As white-hat hacking endeavors go, the vulnerabilities were instantly disclosed to Apple and Google, the developers behind two of the biggest mobile platforms in the world. While patches are currently being developed, it could be months before a patch is revealed while the exploit is plugged, Gorenc added."

[...]

I'm using an ipad2. I've been getting the redirect here and there for a few weeks. On top of that WS constantly reloads, my iPad is incredibly slow, and as of today I can no longer open images from a Google search.( I can see thumbnails but I can't open them). I'm pretty sure the iPad is infected with something. The last time WS had a major virus issue I ended up replacing 2 laptops. if I have to replace the iPad then I may have to give up WS. Sigh

I'm using an ipad2. I've been getting the redirect here and there for a few weeks. On top of that WS constantly reloads, my iPad is incredibly slow, and as of today I can no longer open images from a Google search.( I can see thumbnails but I can't open them). I'm pretty sure the iPad is infected with something. The last time WS had a major virus issue I ended up replacing 2 laptops. if I have to replace the iPad then I may have to give up WS. Sigh

It's not WS, the devices used to join have scripts running on them that slows things down, from my experience. There are a slew of them running these days, rebooting and updating help.

I'm going to do an IOS update tonight (I hate those!). I'm hoping itbhelps with the redirects.

Posting links without buffer scripts may helps others too, seems to me. I have no issues when I manage to avoid them. So, if you see a link on say the birdee site or the 'mug' book site, then go to the main page of the MSM, then back to the article and use that url, and not the initial buffered url, others will have fewer problems with sticky ads and data hungry scripts, could be possible too, but what do I know? You can tell ahead of time a url is clean of buffers by going to 'reply with quotes' and checking the end of the address, if you wish.

Remember we need more information before we can begin to find the problem.

For each new re-direct please start a new thread. New thread for each re-direct.

We need your IP address too. No matter what you are using to surf the web go to www.google.com and type in "What is my IP" and your IP will come up. We need that info too.

Everyone, please read this thread on exactly what information we need to track down the problem.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319300-Malicious-Ad-and-or-site-redirect-!!!/page2

Just now - 6:38pm, got the same redirect with this URL: http://appsurveygo.com/surveynow.ph...subid=M2890568286147786707547236&t=1477867075
Sorry, I didn't get the screenshot, but it was the same as this one I had before:

attachment.php

Hey Tricia,

Here is a screen shot. I have asked the person whose ISP that I'm using for permission to share, and they are adamant that I not share their ISP as they say that is not something anyone ever should do on the internet in a public forum, and said I should not share mine either as it happens on my feed also with my ISP.

I've had three issues in the last 15 minutes, twice audio ads playing when on the Harris Cooper thread..but just did this one screen shot on a third issue of a redirect.

With all the audio ads that are playing when I'm logged onto WS threads, I cannot livestream the trial I want while I am on Websleuths unless I shut off my audio, and even then, Ws try9ing to refresh for the ads... it takes up speed and memory away from my livestreaming while WS keeps trying to refresh so I cannot livestream the trial while on computer with WS also.

NOTE: I have deleted the screen shot as the screen shot had the ISP IN IT. I will try to repost the screen shot after I remove the ISP

958amrosswoisp.jpg

This has been happening to me for a couple of months whenever I go on WS on my iPhone. While on my iPad yesterday, I clicked on this thread and I ended up being one of the lucky ones to "win" a Walmart gift card.

I "won" on Sunday afternoon, perhaps fortunately my early iPad locked up. Clearing the history got rid of the re-direct and freed up my aging iPad, but now I'm logged out of a bunch of sites & have to remember the passwords....

I noticed that I can now easily go back to the previous ws page and not get frozen during the redirect.

Before I would get stuck and have to close the browser and then rego to WS.

But now I'm able to just hit the back button and it takes me right back to the WS page that I was on.

I've "won" on my Android tablet several times over the last few days. 20161031_233817.jpg

It's not good to give out your IP address because it can be used to find your physical location. Also, it changes often. I've had these redirects for awhile now but have had a couple different IP addresses on the same device in the meantime so what difference does you having our IP address make?

This is makes me sad because I don't want my devices ruined anymore but this is literally the only site I visit that does this & I don't feel safe giving out my IP address so I guess this means so long, websleuths :( :gaah: :tantrum:

Turned off my web protector and still having redirects to a virus page. So irritating ....and am wanting to fix this. :(

Websleuths is a very safe site. Later this evening I will be posting and showing you how Websleuths is rated as a safe site and you can see for yourself.

Please remember we can't fix this problem without information provided by you.

Every time you have a re-direct we need you to start a brand new thread.

All the instructions are on this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320186-Please-Read-New-Way-of-Reporting-Re-Directs

I respect the fact that you don't want to post your IP. You can send me the information personally and I will only give it to our tech person. Email triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

The reason we need your IP and the exact time is so we can look at our server logs and see what your account was doing when the redirect happened. That narrows things down considerably as to what is going on and where the redirect is coming from.

I assure I can't find out where you live, your address, by your IP address. The only way anyone can find out your address is to take your IP, see what company you use, and get a subpoena for your personal information from your Internet Provider.

That's not going to happen.

What your IP might reveal is your state and city. I say might because IP's many times do not even come close to where you live. It all depends on your Internet Provider and how they handle your account.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this problem. While there is a chance it may not be a Websleuths issue we are certainly treating it as such and will do everything we can to fix the problem. Again, we can't do it without your help.

Tricia

image.jpg

I had been getting redirects for about a week. It only happens on Webslueths. When I would click on Forums or a particular thread I'd get a redirect. I too have one many prizes this week. Finally after dozens of redirects - I played along and filled out the required info "for my prize" all false of course and blindly answered the survey and that seemed to be the end of the redirects as of Sunday. I wouldn't necessarily recommend anyone doing this - I did because I wasn't concerned about a virus on my iPad.

If it happens again I'll follow Tricia's instructions and start a new thread. I happened to get a screen shot of my last redirect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back