Man can't get stranger off his property

Seriously, this makes me a little nervous about inviting family over to visit. What happens if they refuse to leave?
Actually, this is kind of sad, I think people will be less likely to help out someone in need because of these stories. Most people take a hint & get out when it is clear they are no longer welcome.

I work for a homeless and Domestic Violence Shelter in Michigan, we have this come up alot. If they pay rent and it does not matter if they have a lease, if they are a day late you can do a 7 day notice and file with court. A hearing is set usually within 5 days and the judge gives 10 day to leave, before you can file for a RIT( throw the stuff out change locks). If they don't have a lease like in this case and no agreement to pay rent, landlord would have to do a 30 notice, on the 31 day, you file in court. The hearing is usually within 5 days and then they get 10 days to get out. The whole thing could take around 45 day to end. If they don't leave on the day you have to go back to the Judge and have him sign the order for the rit, and pay for the Sherriff put them and their stuff on the street.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back