Man Loses Son After Mistakenly Giving Him Alcoholic Lemonade

Just like in every field, there are good CPS workers and bad ones. It just happens that in that field, the bad ones can end up costing a child their life. The bad ones also happen to be the only ones who end up in the news. There are a lot of good ones out there as well. I agree with who ever it was that said CPS was in a no win situation. They hear excuses about not knowing or not realizing all the time. If they believed everyone of those excuses, a lot of kids would probably get hurt! I agree it was an over reaction, but put yourself in the position of the person investigating. Also, in order for a child to be removed, the court has to grant permission. The CPS worker presents what they have, state they would like to remove the child(ren) and the court agrees or disagrees.
Yes, I think the father made an honest mistake, but I also believe people come down way too hard on CPS in general. Don't sterotype all workers as being bad, and try to put yourself in the position of hearing all the excuses and having to make split second decisions all the time, knowing that if you're wrong a child could die and/or the media will be all over you.

You are right that there are good and bad in every field. I just can't think of another field where there are so many bad ones that have control over life and death decisions.

You are right that anyone can second guess a split second decision. But while I might think that about the initial report and testing of the child's blood, a 2 DAY REMOVAL of the child from his family is NOT a split second decision.

I agree that we shouldn't believe in stereotypes...unless they are true!

There is no way I will even start thinking this guy did not know Mikes has Booze in it.If I recall correctly on the label it says something like contains ?% of alchol

At our ball park, drinks are poured from the can or bottle into a cup by the vendor, and that's what is given to you...the cup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back