Mapping finesse for JDs & MP matching

Giuc0

Reaction score
Hi,

As I said in this post UK - UK - Manchester, 'Angel of the Meadow' WhtFem Skeletal, 16-30, buried, Jan'10
I found that for European distances between a JD & MP, Google Maps is way too inaccurate in my experience.
I had so many bad surprises with Google Maps in Europe, especially in France, to use it as a reliable tool for checking distances by road.

For US & Canada distances checking, I found it's very reliable.

For European road mapping, I prefer using the website Via Michelin www.viamichelin.fr
With Google Maps, I was given a 900km between Wolverhampton and Manchester because... they calculated from France instead of UK :mad: FYI, I disabled localization for my browser, so thank you very much for such a blatant inaccuracy /sarcasm :headdesk:

So, for European roads distance checking, Google Maps is not even in my dreams even if someone paid me €150bns!
I prefer being on low income and using a reliable mapping website for the matching area!

Can we make a list of reliable mapping websites for the different areas we encounter UID to sleuth-match?

For Europe, IME, Via Michelin www.viamichelin.fr is the most reliable mapping site I've found.

Feel free to reply by adding your most reliable mapping site.
All over the world mapping site is welcome as long as it's reliable! :)

Hi,

As I said in this post UK - UK - Manchester, 'Angel of the Meadow' WhtFem Skeletal, 16-30, buried, Jan'10
I found that for European distances between a JD & MP, Google Maps is way too inaccurate in my experience.
I had so many bad surprises with Google Maps in Europe, especially in France, to use it as a reliable tool for checking distances by road.

For US & Canada distances checking, I found it's very reliable.

For European road mapping, I prefer using the website Via Michelin www.viamichelin.fr
With Google Maps, I was given a 900km between Wolverhampton and Manchester because... they calculated from France instead of UK :mad: FYI, I disabled localization for my browser, so thank you very much for such a blatant inaccuracy /sarcasm :headdesk:

So, for European roads distance checking, Google Maps is not even in my dreams even if someone paid me €150bns!
I prefer being on low income and using a reliable mapping website for the matching area!

Can we make a list of reliable mapping websites for the different areas we encounter UID to sleuth-match?

For Europe, IME, Via Michelin www.viamichelin.fr is the most reliable mapping site I've found.

Feel free to reply by adding your most reliable mapping site.
All over the world mapping site is welcome as long as it's reliable! :)

Hi, Giuc0! Maybe these links will help you find what you're looking for in the way of map making.

Discussions about mapping.
KY - PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

A reference forum that has info & links to various sleuthing tools, etc.
Unidentified "How To" & Reference Forum

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandraca