Marc Klaas Wants To Know What You Think. Please Participate

I think:

Casey planned to kill Caylee in order to be free to be with Tony and to travel with friends, etc., but she put it off until Cindy angered her that night. I think she killed Caylee with chloroform and/or smothered her.

Both George and Cindy have tampered with evidence and/or lied, not to cover up for Casey but because they truly can't admit to themselves that she killed Caylee. I believe they loved Caylee with all their hearts.

Cindy is controlling, manipulative, and narcissistic.
George is vulnerable and too trusting.
Lee is not to be trusted and sees the world as "us against them."

Tim Miller is above reproach.
Larry Padilla is a good guy at heart and has Cindy pegged.

What he/she said.

I think Casey has some definite mental health issues, but I do not quite believe Caylee's murder was pre-meditated. I do think she caused Caylee's death, but I don't think it was intentional, I don't think the plan was to kill Caylee.

I don't think family has handled things in the best way by any means, but from watching the August 14th jail visit video many times, I do not believe at that time they knew Caylee was dead. I believe Cindy especially was honestly still trying to get information out of Casey. I don't think it was an act, I think Cindy was desperately clinging to the hope that Caylee was still alive. I think George "knew" when he picked up the car at the tow yard, but then he managed to second guess himself and then convinced himself otherwise. I can't help it. I have alot of sympathy for George and Cindy.

I honestly don't know what to make of Lee. In the beginning I really thought he would be the one to stand up for Caylee, but now I don't know. I go back on forth on Lee, at the moment I don't trust him.

Lastly, in the end, I think Casey may shock us and take a plea.

1. I think that KC did kill her and that it was not an accident. But, I do think that it happened in either a fit of rage, or while KC was under the influence of prescription drugs, alcohol, or street drugs.
2. I think that both LA and KC had a strong bond because ithey had an "Us against Them" relationship due to the severe dysfunction.
3. I think KC's affection for her brother was that he actually did set limits and boundaries with her and thus she couldn't manipulate him for her personal gain like she could her parents.
4. I think CA was reaching the end of her rope with KC's behavior and irresponsibility and that happened to coincide with her new group of friends becoming a strong influence over her. I think that these two things converging at the same time created "the perfect storm".
5. I think that KC acted alone but that others knew about what had happened and possibly assisted her afterward. I don't think we have heard from them, nor have we seen their names listed on any official documents, but do believe they will be named.
6. I think KC had been introduced to or come to know someone with ties to organized crime and is afraid to tell any details for fear of retaliation. THere is a missing link with deep pockets and lots of ears.
7. I think that LA either found out through his own investigation, or through "clues" from KC herself what may have happened and that others are involved.
8. I do not think LA is the father.
9. I think that the father is alive and does know about Caylee but will never come forward because his own family never knew.
10. I believe justice will prevail.
11. I hope that this case sets an example to all LE what should be done, and what to avoid in future cases.

Mark, my condolences to you for the loss of your beautiful daughter Polly. It must be a pain that never goes away.

btw, I loved your "odious creature" description of casey...

I agree that casey is guilty as sin......premeditated...maybe not well planned....I think she thought all she had to do was say my daughter was kidnapped and they would believe her......she said she got arrested on an "effing whim".

I think the 1200 "really really bad" photos are at the least *advertiser censored*....at the worst....including child *advertiser censored*..(I don't think the child *advertiser censored* is likely...I hope to God it's not).

I'm on the fence about the rest of the anthonys....they have a sense of self-importance and entitlement that is incredible.....

They definitely obstructed justice and tried to thwart an investigation and lied and lied and I think the "missing children" career is disgusting....and going on national tv begging for donations to keep searching for Caylee when they KNEW she was dead is disgusting....their continued support of Kidfinders felon founder, Dennis Milstead, and his felon wife, Sherry is disgusting....

and I think it's extremely possible that Caylee's ashes were in a special urn inside that Shamrock bear at the memorial and maybe a few ashes are in lockets or other cremation jewelry being worn by the Anthony's (that might have been the jewelry talked about that drove george to his suicide attempt...IF there really was one....

Thanks for all you do Marc...I hope this wasn't too long...

The level of publicity this crime has elicited is fascinating for those who have an interest in the pursuit of justice, to see layers of evidence unfold at the level of detail we are seeing is pretty amazing. However, my interest in criminal cases was sparked by what I have seen as shoddy work by law enforcement, lawyers and the courts.

I have always felt that law enforcement becomes blinded to important details with their propensity to focus on one suspect--to become emotionally invested in that suspect is not what I call seeking justice. Evidence becomes molded to fit the chosen perp, and a lot of good evidence either gets overlooked or ignored.

Is it good for a case to get as much publicity as Caylee's has gotten? On one hand, the emotional roller coaster has added a whole lot of riders--I would guess the public display of "guilty" proclamations at the defendent probably carry some weight all the way into the courthouse. The only benefit from so much publicity would be the hope that new angles suggested by disinterested members of the general public would be pursued by law enforcement. But in the end, I highly doubt that would be the case.

All in all, I think a sensational, media crime turns a criminal case into a witch-hunt. I think it's very sad to see our justice system become a playground for people who have closed minds--that's not what I thought its purpose was.

I agree with Leonard Padilla that they have the right person in jail.
I think the brother may have been warned by
LE to back off from tampering with the case, perhaps he had a commitment to help KC get out of jail at any cost and was going to obstruct justice.
It will take a long time for the Anthony's to process this, but I think they are coming to grips.
I think KC will decline even more in prison because she is already both mentally off-balance and a criminal.

I think cindy is the problem..... she made exuses for her daughter her whole life and continues to to this day.

As much as I don't want to believe it, I think Casey killed Caylee intentionally to avenge her mother.

I think the family is controlled by one person: CA, and the family dynamics revolve around her.

I think Casey acted alone and told only one other person the truth about what she did and why: Lee.

I think CMA meant both Casey and Caylee in Lee's speech.

I think GA and CA know the truth in their hearts but are not ready and may never be ready to admit it.

I think KC is a pathological liar and a sociopath. There was never a nanny, period.

I have opinions about JB's motivations which I will keep to myself.

I think Caylee was cremated to destroy any additional evidence that her body may provide in the future.

I think getting BC as their lawyer was a good move as they seem to be following his advice, which seems to be sound.

I am almost always angered by Cindy's words, but I also sympathize greatly. I cannot imagine how painful it must be to lose this beautiful innocent child and to be unable to wrap their heads around their daughter causing her death.

I don't ascribe to all the conspiracy & convoluted theories that abound. I think the case is typical and straightfoward. KC killed Caylee to free herself from the responsibility and because she wanted to be with T. Her immediate family, understandably, refuses to believe it.

I'm going with Forensics, hoping will not show foreign Human DNA other than the Anthony family. The timeline is key. The cell phone/text records. Photographs of her at Fushian during the time Caylee was "unreported missing for 31 days" The conflicting stories, not only KC told, but her family as well have been contradicting. This all goes back to when KC behavior shifted....back when she was terminated from Universal. And anything inbetween that time and when they found the body...is all going to count. She's done.

I think Casey did it and planned it "out of spite."
I think Casey is a narcissistic sociopath.
I think Cindy, George and Lee knew from the minute they smelled the decomp.
I think the detectives knew within minutes of questioning Casey.
I think the LE brass let Cindy lead them along for way too long.
I think Nancy Grace has been heroic in keeping it in the news.
I think Florida is great with their Sunshine Law.
I think WS is good place to discuss this evil case.
I think Jesse G and his family are wonderful.
I think LP is an old-fashioned all around good guy.
I think Tim M is a selfless, hardworking man.
I think all of Casey's "friends" and men are smart for keeping quiet so far until the trial.
I think Jose is way over his head and his "team" is just in it for the exposure.
I think Caylee Marie is safe in the hands of God.
I think the TRUTH will win out in the end and all those who love Casey and defend her should guide her towards the truth.

I would love to hear Mark's thoughts on all the Anthony family's words and actions these past 6 months. And how he interprets what it all REALLY means.

I think KC started fantisizing about killing Caylee back in March 2008 when she was doing the computer searches. I think she may have been fantisizing about doing in other members of her family at that time also. I think KC was putting Caylee in the trunk long before she killed her. Knocking her out with drugs and putting her in the trunk so KC wouldn't have to pay attention to her or be interrupted.

I think KC had taken steps to gather up things she might need to fulfill her fantasies, but she was in no hurry. Then when KC was caught by her mother for stealing from her grandparents, KC became resentful of the backlash she received from her parents. When CA took Caylee to visit that fateful Father's Day and then had lunch with her mother and the mother brought up her desire to have KC prosecuted for the theft, it was more than CA could handle. She went home and unloaded on KC. KC probably had been feeling like the worst of the storm was over by now, because she stole that money back in March/April. So when she (KC) was again confronted by an angry mother about the theft, she was pizzed. Only CA said - no - this time I'm pizzed. So KC said - I'll show you! I'm taking Caylee and getting the hell out of here and there is nothing you can do! And she did. But KC was angry and she didn't want to be saddled with Caylee, so KC decided it would be a good time to fulfill those fantasies..... and she did. The rest is history.

LA and GA know she did it and they do not condone it. CA knows she did it. If they honestly believed KC was innocent, they would not lie for her and try to cover her tracks. They would not have cremated baby Caylee against KC's wishes. They can all stand in front of the camera and lie all they want. The truth is in their actions and their actions say they know KC is guilty as all get out.

Salem

1. Caylee's death was collateral damage in the years-long power struggle between Cindy and Casey. Her murder exposed the deep dysfunction the Anthony family conceals beneath a veneer of normalcy.

2. The Anthony family knew on July 15th that a decomposing body had been in Casey's car. By process of elimination, they knew who it was and denied it in the face of simple logic until the day they were no longer able to do so.

3. Fortunately for Casey, she immediately engaged an attorney who imparted excellent advice in insisting she keep her mouth firmly shut.

4. Unfortunately for Casey, her attorney, family and various 'expert' consultants have been unable to do likewise.

5. Casey made many stupid mistakes and failed to concoct a plausible alibi despite having a month to do so, all of which will contribute to her eventual conviction.

I believe that because Cindy has been in denial about Casey's mental/ emotional issues,
Cindy has learned to become an enabler to keep and maintain a relationship with her. With the birth of Caylee, Cindy had to eventually adjust to taking the major responsibility financially for the family and care for Caylee. Because of the stress of work and Caylee's care, Cindy spent less time with Casey as Casey spent her weekends and evenings out of the house. Cindy's major conflict was having her evenings and weekends tied with Caylee. As finances worsened and Cindy had no success getting help from Casey the tension increased and any ultimatums toward Casey gave Casey the excuse to pay her mother back for not supporting her.

For whatever reasons, Cindy never understood the extent of the entitlement attitude Casey had about her parents serving her. Also, Casey started getting more out of control and driven in her self serving lifestyle. Casey's parents allowed a permissive atmosphere without accountability as Casey increased her distance from them. I doubt that they were aware of the changes in Casey only still seeing her as the child they knew.

Casey became driven in a maniacal way increasing excesses to the point that Caylee became as obstacle toward her drive toward freedom from responsibility and feedback from parents, and bond with her friends as she programmed herself to do. With a weak father and an aggressive mother, Casey really didn't take them seriously. Having Caylee kept Casey from getting from her parents what she wanted. Caylee became competition for the perks she wanted. Caylee became expendable and a part of her fantasy future.

I think the evidence shows premeditation of some sort
I think Casey is mentally ill in addition to reportedly being sociopathic
I think Cindy is not at fault and is abused, taken adantage of
I think Mark is partially right about one thing, that at least one in the family adds drama where drama is not needed (George)
I think Lee shows signs of almost being disabled by all this and or actually has a problem communicating
I think the vile rumors spread around on television are horrible and should have been reserved for the trial or for LE only
I think the people who have turned this into a circus should shut up and mind their own business
I think the family should be left alone now by the media

Respectfully snipped:
I think:

Casey fantacized and wanted to kill Caylee in order to be free, but she put it off until Cindy angered her that night. I think she killed Caylee in a fit of rage and retaliation with chloroform and/or smothered her and/or drowned her.

Both George and Cindy have tampered with evidence and/or lied, not to cover up for Casey but because they truly can't admit to themselves that she killed Caylee. I believe they loved Caylee with all their hearts.

Cindy is controlling, manipulative, defiant, and narcissistic.
George is vulnerable, weak, and too trusting.
Lee is not to be trusted and sees the world as "us against them."

Tim Miller is above reproach.
Larry Padilla has Cindy pegged.

This says it all for me, too, with slight changes made in bold.

I feel sorry for the Anthony family. I think Lee is a good person, I think George is a devoted family member, and I think Cindy is a protective and loyal mother. Casey took advantage of them and manipulated them.

Casey is guilty and the family feels guilty for not stopping her in her lies and her anger. I think they are trying to forgive her so they can forgive themselves and set themselves free of the guilt and the grief.

I think Casey planned this murder and in fact planned to murder her parents as well. Lee is not an accomplice, nor are either of her parents. I think they are trying to withhold making any moves that would sever the relationship until they wrap their minds around everything.

I think they have worked with police, esp Lee, and walked on eggshells in their interviews to get her to talk, and that is why they have not been back. I think the private meeting they are seeking is to tell her that she needs a different attorney, and they don't want that to get on video. I also think they want to say goodbye to her. This is a family that struggles with goodbye and letting go - they are dysfunctional but cling to one another.

I pity this family and I pray for them. I hope that Casey can be healed and become a better person. I don't think we should give up on anyone, even though I think she must be held accountable for her horrible crimes.

The Anthonys are very complex, secretive and competitive.
Casey and Cindy seem to have a love/hate relationship,neither confides in the other and they play too many mind games.
George seems like someone who wanted to do anything to make Cindy happy, but grew tired of the demands.
Aside from Casey, Lee is the strangest one, possibly from the way he was raised.
Caylee was the source of power struggles between 2 very selfish women, one that wanted her only when it was convenient and another that wanted to be her sole source of dependency.
Perfection won out over any morality, lies and theft were accepted and forgiven, the end result was never knowing that consequences must be paid. :twocents:

• Due to overwhelming evidence and her behavior, Casey is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt.
  • This family is very troubled and even though I would like to point the finger all at Cindy ... I can't. George suppose to be the head of the household and he has failed miserably before and after this started. (sorry, if I seem sexist) Of coarse, he wasn't responsible for Caylee's death but he didn't take a leadership role which would have defined his character and spared his family additional misery.
  • The family wasn't involved in the murder and I am not sure how much they may have been involved in a cover-up. However, their behavior and reactions were strange given ANY situation.
  • Lee is FULL of ego and thinks he is the smartest guy on earth with his constant code-talk. This is more important to him then showing deep-love for Caylee.
  • The truth will NEVER be told by anyone within this family.
  • Another dad found his daughter missing recently and without delay took a lie-detector test. The A's (Lee's) response was totally the opposite. ...... strange

IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ateav