Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

I think that this house should stay just as it is until after trial, then be destroyed by a bulldozier. Just my wishful thinking.

Seriously, I cannot understand why anyone would buy this house to live in given what happened inside it and where the firepit was in the backyard. I think of this case just about every day and keep hoping that one day I sign on and find that Laurean has been extradited back to North Carolina to face what he did.

Hudson had better not take LWOP off the table! :furious:
I can't see anybody wanting to live in the house either. And I wouldn't worry about DA Hudson asking for anything less than LWOP. :behindbar

I can't see anybody wanting to live in the house either. And I wouldn't worry about DA Hudson asking for anything less than LWOP. :behindbar

Glad to know that DA Hudson will go for nothing less than LWOP.

It's been so long now and I just want Laurean to get back and stand trial. I just cannot think why the extradition is taking so long!

Maybe we will wake up one morning and read that Laurean is back! Wouldn't that be some good news?

:blowkiss:

just heard on the news that he has lost both extradition appeals and will be back here soon. WCTI channel 12

Well it's about flippin' time! Yeeesh! I'm telling you, criminals have wayyy too many rights.

Laurean is in U. S. Federal custody already!!! An article in JDnews posted only 3 hours ago stated that Laurean will be in front of a Federal Judge in Houston Friday morning!

D. Hudson states in the article that Laurean's trial would be in the fall, but Laurean's attorney states that he will most likely need more time to prepare.

I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes as I read the news. Maria and baby Gabriel touched me so deeply and I will never forget them. I am so happy to think that there will be justice for Maria, Gabriel, and Maria's family after all. There was a time that it seemed as if Laurean may stay in Mexico and not be returned to the United States.

Just to know that Laurean is in U. S. Federal custody is wonderful!!!!!!

From the article:
She had accused him of rape, although tests showed he wasn't the father of her unborn child.
Makes no sense, she still could have been raped by him and it didn't result in a pregnancy. Poor reporting on this reporter's part, unless it's definite that she was never sexually assaulted by him and I missed that.

The local news interrupted programming last evening when the plane carrying Laurean landed. He was so heavily guarded that his departure from the plane couldn't be filmed. LE must have used an alternate exit for him or something.

Praying for justice for Maria, baby Gabriel, and their family.....

Thank you. The child is not his? That's something I didn't know.

I followed this case very closely as it unfolded. I do NOT recall one article or statement that stated the RESULTS indicated the child was not Laurean's. He CLAIMED the child was not his in court documents and he told his wife the baby was not his. Maria also, at one time, stated the baby was not his in court documents, but I have not seen one article that said RESULTS showed the baby not Laurean's. Of course Maria's claim of Laurean not being the father was after he and his buddies had been harrassing Maria, IIRC, even so much as damaging her car at one point.

The closest to scientifically determining the paternity of the child was when the family allowed the military to do a second autopsy and it was reported they were doing a test to determine who the father was. I've seen no results publicized of their findinings.

I believe the AP article is in error. I think the jury is still out on the paternity of Maria's unborn child.

JMHO
fran

I followed this case very closely as it unfolded. I do NOT recall one article or statement that stated the RESULTS indicated the child was not Laurean's. He CLAIMED the child was not his in court documents and he told his wife the baby was not his. Maria also, at one time, stated the baby was not his in court documents, but I have not seen one article that said RESULTS showed the baby not Laurean's. Of course Maria's claim of Laurean not being the father was after he and his buddies had been harrassing Maria, IIRC, even so much as damaging her car at one point.

The closest to scientifically determining the paternity of the child was when the family allowed the military to do a second autopsy and it was reported they were doing a test to determine who the father was. I've seen no results publicized of their findinings.

I believe the AP article is in error. I think the jury is still out on the paternity of Maria's unborn child.

JMHO
fran

---
This is the first I have heard about it as well. I was wondering how I missed this. It possibly could be a mistatement.

Thanks Patty G. But I'm still sticking by my original statement about this matter, I believe AP is mistaken. That youtube you linked is the AP as well.

I went back over several articles from the beginning and I still have not been able to find one statement by LE or the military that stated the child was not Caesar's.

I think we'll just have to wait until trial for this,...........or until someone in authority states the baby was not Laurean's.

JMHO
fran

Fran,
Hi, this is the local reporters crime blog here in Onslow county, I live down the road from where all this took place. This is the only place that I have seen the info on Cesar not being the babies father. The reporter stated that he heard through a source this info last year. This will be your best source for updates.

http://onslowcrime.encblogs.com/

Thanks for the link wheezer:

That reporter MAY have heard the child was not Laurean's, but I'm not going to ASSUME that's true until I see that info come from someone in authority, ie 'official' LE or military. It's hard telling 'where' or 'who' told him this. It's possible it could have been one of Laurean's buddies.

I know there was lots of misinformation going back and forth when this case was in high-gear and lots of speculation about his wife being an accomplice. So much has gotten lost with so many months of inactivity.

At the end of the day, it's not going to matter whether the child was Laurean's or not. He POSSIBLY did the crime, now he's going to have to do the time. Murder of Marie Lauterbach. I don't believe a jury is going to believe his story of her committing suicide, seeing as how she had blunt force trauma, IIRC.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77