Mark Smich: Innocent Dupe? Alternative Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know why there is a different lawyer representing DM right now? Is this still the lawyer who is fighting to remove the public and the media from these hearings? Will DP be retained before the end of the month to represent him in the actual hearing now that the requests seem to have been denied?

It really indicates the difference in the type of defense that a person likely using legal aid gets. I don't think MS will be getting different lawyers for different arguments. I hope he gets just as fair a trial as DM will surely get.

MOO

I've wondered if DP might be handing over the reins to RP and bailing out. DP is also MWJ's lawyer so there very well is a conflict of interest. The lawyer who seemed to be fighting the media and the public in the courtroom, did DP owe another lawyer a favour? ;)

Personally I think MS has the better lawyer. He's done as a lawyer should do. Keeping his mouth shut. You know that old saying, all talk and no action? Also, I've never heard a lawyer brag about his personal possessions the way DP has or standing on courthouse steps passing out business cards. Very odd in MO. I think he was trying to impress and drum up business, but IMO what a turn off. Yep JMO.

NEVER EVER JUDGE an arrested person by what his Lawyers do or say.

Guilt or innocence (of the charged person) is beside the point

Lawyers
--are first of all salesmen (of their services)
--some like publicity (marketing)
--some like big cases (good advertising) (costs them nothing)
--they all like revenue (more is better) (nothing wrong with that)
--they defend the guilty (as best they can)
--they defend the innocent (as best they can)

--A wealthy Lawyer will defend a wealthy client as best he can , he is a salesman of his services and wants his sales to increase

--A starving graduate lawyer will defend a starving client as best he can , he is a salesman of his service and wants his sales to increase

--some like to pontificate in front of a news camera on the first day

--some like to grind away working in the background and save the pontification for the jury

But most of all they are salesmen of their services , whether for money or for justice is beside the point

Why would Smich be out walking the streets if he was fearful of being arrested? Wouldn't you think he would have stayed out of the public's eye? Wouldn't one assume he would have gone into hiding if he was guilty and believed LE may be onto him? The second article claims he was arrested at home. IIRC there was an article saying he was taken down on the street/sidewalk and some suspected he got the small cut and black eye from the take down. MOO.

Smich was apprehended by police Wednesday morning while walking along Dorval Drive north of Wyecroft Road in Oakville.

He added that he didn’t know Smich well but occasionally “traded niceties” while mowing their lawns or shovelling their driveways.

But despite the serious charges the 25-year-old Oakville man faces, one of his friends broke down in tears and said he is “an amazing person.”

“He’s a sweetheart, he’ll do anything for you. He’s just a really good person,” said CD, adding that she set him up with his girlfriend before she continued crying.

http://globalnews.ca/news/585372/who-is-mark-smich/

Oakville’s Mark Smich, 25, who was arrested at a Dorval Dr. house on Wednesday

“I have taken it down because the media is trying to blow it up as if it’s connected to the ... Bosma case,” writes JayDolo, who on this page refers to himself as “DoloPro RUMG.” “Mark (Smich) is innocent until proven guilty and in my opinion as his friend he is only being pinpointed because he knew (Millard). If he is guilty he will serve his time and accept his consequence(s).”

A woman who called the Toronto Sun claiming to be JayDolo’s mother said Smich is “like a brother” to her son, JayDolo the rapper, and referred to Smich as being like family.

“(Smich) used to help me, move furniture, he used to call me mom,” she said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/tim-bosma-case-what-we-know-about-accused-mark-smich

Smich was arrested while walking near Dorval Drive and Wyecroft Road in Oakville, less than one kilometre from his home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...sma-murder-case-to-plead-not-guilty-1.1305972

A close family friend of Oakville’s Mark Smich — who is charged with first-degree murder in the Tim Bosma case — told the Oakville Beaver she’s shocked by the news and can’t believe it could be true.

The friend said she has known the Smich family for years and doesn’t believe the accused, aged 25, is a person who would commit such a crime.

“The accusations are quite concerning. We just don’t know him as a person who would do such a thing,” she said.

“He’s very social. He has a lot of friends. He’s very family oriented. He loves his sisters and mother. He really takes a part in her life. He’s a positive, good person.”

The family friend believes Smich is not a violent or aggressive person.

“I’ve never seen him to be that way. He’s not that way. He’s friendly. He’s happy. All of our friends who we’ve had have known him to be a friendly, happy, social person.”

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...akville-s-smich-shocked-by-murder-accusation/

Why would Smich be out walking the streets if he was fearful of being arrested? Wouldn't you think he would have stayed out of the public's eye? Wouldn't one assume he would have gone into hiding if he was guilty and believed LE may be onto him? The second article claims he was arrested at home. IIRC there was an article saying he was taken down on the street/sidewalk and some suspected he got the small cut and black eye from the take down. MOO.

Smich was apprehended by police Wednesday morning while walking along Dorval Drive north of Wyecroft Road in Oakville.

He added that he didn’t know Smich well but occasionally “traded niceties” while mowing their lawns or shovelling their driveways.

But despite the serious charges the 25-year-old Oakville man faces, one of his friends broke down in tears and said he is “an amazing person.”

“He’s a sweetheart, he’ll do anything for you. He’s just a really good person,” said CD, adding that she set him up with his girlfriend before she continued crying.

http://globalnews.ca/news/585372/who-is-mark-smich/

Oakville’s Mark Smich, 25, who was arrested at a Dorval Dr. house on Wednesday

“I have taken it down because the media is trying to blow it up as if it’s connected to the ... Bosma case,” writes JayDolo, who on this page refers to himself as “DoloPro RUMG.” “Mark (Smich) is innocent until proven guilty and in my opinion as his friend he is only being pinpointed because he knew (Millard). If he is guilty he will serve his time and accept his consequence(s).”

A woman who called the Toronto Sun claiming to be JayDolo’s mother said Smich is “like a brother” to her son, JayDolo the rapper, and referred to Smich as being like family.

“(Smich) used to help me, move furniture, he used to call me mom,” she said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/23/tim-bosma-case-what-we-know-about-accused-mark-smich

Smich was arrested while walking near Dorval Drive and Wyecroft Road in Oakville, less than one kilometre from his home.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...sma-murder-case-to-plead-not-guilty-1.1305972

A close family friend of Oakville’s Mark Smich — who is charged with first-degree murder in the Tim Bosma case — told the Oakville Beaver she’s shocked by the news and can’t believe it could be true.

The friend said she has known the Smich family for years and doesn’t believe the accused, aged 25, is a person who would commit such a crime.

“The accusations are quite concerning. We just don’t know him as a person who would do such a thing,” she said.

“He’s very social. He has a lot of friends. He’s very family oriented. He loves his sisters and mother. He really takes a part in her life. He’s a positive, good person.”

The family friend believes Smich is not a violent or aggressive person.

“I’ve never seen him to be that way. He’s not that way. He’s friendly. He’s happy. All of our friends who we’ve had have known him to be a friendly, happy, social person.”

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...akville-s-smich-shocked-by-murder-accusation/

Maybe he believed that he had successfully got someone else arrested for it.

His friend JayDolo doesn't seem to sure he isn't guilty, by adding the IF he is guilty.

Paul Bernardo had his supporters to from what I can remember...as most people have supporters. Psychopaths are usually quite clever at hiding that side of their personality. IMO. Not to say this is MS, but one never knows IMO. As for DM's lawyer being a talkaholic, many people can ramble on about nothing and still expect to be taken seriously, being a lawyer doesn't exclude DP from that. As with many people who talk endlessly and offer nothing it doesn't necessarily mean he is not a great lawyer who will be focused and driven at trial. JMO

I've wondered if DP might be handing over the reins to RP and bailing out. DP is also MWJ's lawyer so there very well is a conflict of interest. The lawyer who seemed to be fighting the media and the public in the courtroom, did DP owe another lawyer a favour? ;)

Personally I think MS has the better lawyer. He's done as a lawyer should do. Keeping his mouth shut. You know that old saying, all talk and no action? Also, I've never heard a lawyer brag about his personal possessions the way DP has or standing on courthouse steps passing out business cards. Very odd in MO. I think he was trying to impress and drum up business, but IMO what a turn off. Yep JMO.

DP's managed to take the focus away from MS and DM and lay it on DM and DP, because DP's opened up to the media http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...er-deepak-paradkar-i-treat-trials-like-wars-/

Guys like DM and MWJ need someone flashier than they are to deflect some of the attention.

Right from the start DP appeared to smell money , nothing wrong with that , he likes to represent high-end clients ...... then proclaimed how great his legal strategies were ..... then not long afterwards he went on a Ritzy tour to Europe , Paris I think , took his daughter to a music festival.

Some time after that was another court appearance by DM and the question was raised about DP .... and it was noted that he (at that point) was no longer the attorney on record for DM

I think DM and MB can smell too and suspected DP's interests were more for himself than for DM.

I think DM shopped around for a second opinion instead of just writing a blank check to one lawyer. Cant say as I blame him ,

Speaking of JayDolo .... anyone ever listen to the lyrics in his music ? .... its all about Death Drugs and Darkness.

Choir boys for SAY10

Why would Smich be out walking the streets if he was fearful of being arrested? Wouldn't you think he would have stayed out of the public's eye? Wouldn't one assume he would have gone into hiding if he was guilty and believed LE may be onto him? The second article claims he was arrested at home. IIRC there was an article saying he was taken down on the street/sidewalk and some suspected he got the small cut and black eye from the take down. <snip>

I am sure both MS and DM were sweating because of the enormous publicity surrounding the missing truck and it's owner

When DM was arrested MS must have started sweating profusely

But where could he go ?? .... what could he do ?? .... he did not drive , likely did not have the finances to flee and disappear , about all he could do was trust DM would not turn him in , and hope police would not figure out he was the 2nd person.

With that in mind , he likely figured he should just "act normal" and carry on with life as usual

But boy .... I becha' he was sweating ...

I am sure both MS and DM were sweating because of the enormous publicity surrounding the missing truck and it's owner

When DM was arrested MS must have started sweating profusely

But where could he go ?? .... what could he do ?? .... he did not drive , likely did not have the finances to flee and disappear , about all he could do was trust DM would not turn him in , and hope police would not figure out he was the 2nd person.

With that in mind , he likely figured he should just "act normal" and carry on with life as usual

But boy .... I becha' he was sweating ...

MS could drive, and that's all that is important - he could have driven the Yukon and he could drive after the crime if he had wheels. In my neighbourhood there is a guy who has never had a driver's licence, then had this non-existent licence suspended for a DUI. He's since repeated that and now along with a second DUI he's been charged with driving on a suspended licence even though he never had one ;) No jail time and if there are any conditions, whoever is in charge of him doesn't care. Two days ago I was walking to the grocery store and he drove past. Ontario has a heavy drinking problem http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health...eds-to-address-its-drinking-problem-1.1221256 and alcohol laws and programs are pretty toothless IMO.

I think DM and MS split ways to avoid being detected quite early on in that week, which is why DM ended up turning to CN and letting her in on what was up: he needed help with something and couldn't turn to MS. Probably if DM had MS do whatever CN did for him on the 9th they would have both been sitting in jail on the 10th. Because they split up, it bought MS almost 2 weeks.

I think MS's breach came because he didn't know DM drew CN into things until then. Perhaps MS thought everything was between MS and DM until CN was arrested. If he didn't see that coming, it would be a real shocker.

MS looked pretty relaxed and joyous at his sister's wedding 2 days before his arrest. Maybe he was able to compartmentalize? Maybe he cut out on DM and left him with the mess to clean up because he knew it was all on DM anyway, and he's only incriminate himself by helping DM out? (Like CN did.)

If MS was the streetwise one he'd be smart enough to cut ties with DM and not call, not visit, not go anywhere near DM. (I wonder if he suddenly had to bail out of DM's residence and rush home to momma?)

That's plainly the best move since it leaves DM holding 100% of the physical evidence (truck, TB, incinerator).

Maybe DM was the talker and the driver but MS was the killer. MS might only be in charge of getting rid of the weapon he used - and he could have wiped that down and dumped it on DM too.

Then MS can say, listen, I was only along for the ride. Honest!

Speaking of JayDolo .... anyone ever listen to the lyrics in his music ? .... its all about Death Drugs and Darkness.

Choir boys for SAY10

I never knew that growing up in Oakville could give one such a negative view of life.

They invite you to join a very dark, negative mental place; a mindset where crimes might be committed. It's hard to argue that MS is not the kind of guy that would ever hurt you when he gets off on violence to a degree that he wants to act the killer on video. MS is also a fan of gangsta rap fashion. And with all the pictures of him smoking pot, he wants to promote himself as a chronic, someone who is smoking pot every day, wake and bake. In short MS couldn't have done a better job of promoting himself as a scary looking little criminal than if he had hired an image consultant to twist him into one.

I suspect the Ghozted video would not be allowed to be shown during the trial because it is so prejudicial. The rest of what's out there, MS's buddy's stuff, MS's fashion, won't be relevant. Then a bunch of people will testify to the fact that MS is a wonderful caring friend and devotedly family oriented. And MS's lawyer will say he was just along for the ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname