Massive Flooding In Marble Falls, Texas

Sorry, txvicki, I don't know how much of Marble Falls was flooded. Some people were lucky and didn't get flooded, but the whole town is affected and has now water from what I understand. Have you been able to reach your relative there? Please let us know tomorrow if you are able to reach him or her.

Lion

No, I don't have his phone number. He's a cousin that I normally only see anymore at family get togethers. I'll have my Mom start calling to find out tomorrow. He has a business there as well as his home, so I'll bet at least one of them was flooded. The weather has been awful around Texas. My daughter in Midland/Odessa area had 70mph winds the other night and my other daughter in another area also had bad winds with trees branches and light poles being blown. They are both terrified of tornadoes and storms and the youngest always calls home during a storm.

I hope you reach him txvicki, and I hope he is lucky and that he hasn't lost his home or business. It may be a bit much to hope for, but some escaped with no flood damage. Please let us know if you reach him.

Lion

I just heard on the local news that two teens feared swept away by the floods are missing. Their truck has been found battered, and they have found some of their clothing. Gosh, I hope somehow they are both okay. I felt some peace before this thinking that no human lives were lost. I hope and pray that they are found safe. We are again and still under a flash flood watch. There may be more rain coming, and our area cannot handle any more rain. I hope the folks next to us in Marble Falls miss the rains--they really cannot handle any more rain.

Lion

I just heard on the local news that two teens feared swept away by the floods are missing. Their truck has been found battered, and they have found some of their clothing. Gosh, I hope somehow they are both okay. I felt some peace before this thinking that no human lives were lost. I hope and pray that they are found safe. We are again and still under a flash flood watch. There may be more rain coming, and our area cannot handle any more rain. I hope the folks next to us in Marble Falls miss the rains--they really cannot handle any more rain.

Lion

I heard that too on the news; two 20-year-old boys - their jeep was found in the water. They haven't been seen since the heavy rain a couple of nights ago. It doesn't sound good to me.

Just found out Lake Travis will be closed through July 4. I'm sure there is too much current and debris.

I heard that too on the news; two 20-year-old boys - their jeep was found in the water. They haven't been seen since the heavy rain a couple of nights ago. It doesn't sound good to me.

Just found out Lake Travis will be closed through July 4. I'm sure there is too much current and debris.

Yes, and what a shame. Two young lives may be lost, and I was feeling fairly good despite the tremendous destruction because it seemed no one lost their lives. That is the most important thing.

It isn't surprising that Lake Travis will be off limits this weekend. Many will need to change their plans quickly, I imagine.

FM 1431 is closed 3 miles west of Lago Vista because the water is spilling over the roadway from the lake. They said the lake needs to recede by 8 feet in order for 1431 to be safe and clear of water again. This will take some time.

Lion

Yes, and what a shame. Two young lives may be lost, and I was feeling fairly good despite the tremendous destruction because it seemed no one lost their lives. That is the most important thing.

It isn't surprising that Lake Travis will be off limits this weekend. Many will need to change their plans quickly, I imagine.

FM 1431 is closed 3 miles west of Lago Vista because the water is spilling over the roadway from the lake. They said the lake needs to recede by 8 feet in order for 1431 to be safe and clear of water again. This will take some time.

Lion

My husband is in his knee boots down at our dock, trying to adjust it so it can keep rising. It has risen up to the trees down there. Luckily our house is up high.

My husband is in his knee boots down at our dock, trying to adjust it so it can keep rising. It has risen up to the trees down there. Luckily our house is up high.

I have a close friend off Lago Verde at Lake Travis, and thank goodness her home is way up hill as well. I'm glad your home is on higher ground.

Lion

I live in Gillespie County, its hard to believe that one year ago we were crying for water. Once again I have standing water in my driveway and yard since the 8 or more inches of rain on wed and thurs. Im hoping that we have a dry spell for a week or two before the next round of storms.

I live in Gillespie County, its hard to believe that one year ago we were crying for water. Once again I have standing water in my driveway and yard since the 8 or more inches of rain on wed and thurs. Im hoping that we have a dry spell for a week or two before the next round of storms.

I am assuming that it hasn't reached the point of making its way indoors, yet. Thank goodness. We haven't had rain today or tonight, yet. Let's hope it stays that way!

How are everyone's family members who lived near area that it flooded? Are all well and good?

Lion

I saw this thread and just had to post --- I'm now living in Brownwood, Texas, but I was raised in Kingsland and went to school in Llano. My husband graduated from Burnet. So this area is "home" to us and we have been reading and watching all the news from there lately. My family is still in Kingsland and my brother-in-law lives in Burnet, now.

Any updates on how things are going? How's Lake LBJ now? Will the Aqua Boom continue this week?

I love the Hill Country, we hope to move back someday when our kids are up and gone.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back