MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

sds71

Reaction score
Getty
Matthew Perry -- one of the stars of 'Friends' -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the actor was found Saturday at an L.A.-area home ... where we're told he appears to have drowned. Our sources say first-responders rushed over on a call for cardiac arrest. It's unclear where exactly on the grounds this happened.

Our sources say he was found in a jacuzzi at the home ... and we're told there were no drugs found at the scene. We're also told there is no foul play involved.

Matthew Perry has reportedly died. He was 54.

Born in Williamstown, Massachusetts, on Aug. 19, 1969, Perry was raised on Ottawa, Canada, where he attended elementary school with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

His mother, Suzanne Morrison, was a journalist and press secretary to Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Justin’s father.

Perry’s stepfather is Dateline‘s Keith Morrison. His father, John Bennett Perry, was an actor and model — the younger Perry even guest-starred in an episode of his dad’s cop show, 240-Robert, in 1979.

Perry moved to Los Angeles as a teenager. After landing a few TV guest spots, he recurred as Chazz Russell on Boys Will Be Boys from 1987 to 1988. Roles on Growing Pains and Sydney followed, but his big break came in 1994 with NBC’s iconic sitcom Friends.

This makes me so sad. I follow him on Instagram and over the past week he has been posting a LOT whereas he previously had rarely posted. The content of the posts was strange and people were questioning his state of mind and showing concern for him. His last post was 6 days ago and in a sad twist of fate it was a photo of him in his jacuzzi at home.

Unbelievably sad, beloved by so many. And sounds like maybe a cardiac event while in water. No drugs found so far, but of course, alcohol is always a readily available toxin/culprit.

I am so sad. Loved him more than I love some people who are actually family members. I know that's terrible to say, but it's true, and I'm devastated. I am so sad for all his struggles and was hoping he'd have a peaceful and much longer life.

Oh my heart. Not Chandler! :(

“Friends” star Mathew Perry was found dead Saturday in a hot tub at his Los Angeles home, law enforcement sources said.

Authorities responded about 4 p.m. to his home, where he was discovered unresponsive. The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing, did not cite a cause of death. There was no sign of foul play, the sources added.

TMZ is now reporting that he had played a 2 hr bout of pickle ball earlier in the morning.

When he returned home, he sent his assistant on an errand and was found unresponsive when the assistant returned.

Very sad news. After reading his book a few months ago where he went into details about his health issues caused by his addiction even after getting clean, even if he had not consumed any intoxicants and was sober I sadly think it's very likely that his related health issues led to this. This isn't the first time though that I've seen a death with similar circumstances with a few hours of physical activity followed by hot tub usage. The college I went to for my bachelor's had a visitor to the campus recreational center drown in the hot tub after going into cardiac arrest in the hot tub after a few hours of working out intensely. He was a young (mid-late 20s iirc) and seemingly healthy guy, no known health issues and fit/in good shape, but it was announced he had an underlying unknown heart issue that sadly killed him out of the blue. Very possible that Matthew had underlying heart issues exacerbated by his past drug abuse imo.

Whatever the case it's sad news and I hope he is at peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back