Maxie's House

She was engaged to a guy from Texas..........and continued to see him after she and JS were married. IIRC, when Dina was working at Melmed, her bio stated that she was working on or had completed her dissertation. You are right, she is a resume padder, just like Jonah.
So where does the Dina Flores come from? The Texas guy? Her own mother Nancy Romano referred to Dina as Dina Flores in early reports. And she was also referred to as Dina Flores in the following article:

In addition to Shacknai, police will probably want to talk to Shacknai's ex-wife, Dina Flores, who also lives in Coronado, and the second family that rents the guest house attached to the house. Meanwhile, police have taken evidence from the house including a large painting and a table with a broken leg.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_...is-ceos-home-will-change-his-company-forever/

Well, we know in which direction that investigation went.:furious:
Kimberly would have had a picnic trying to investigate Dina Romano aka Dina Flores..

So where does the Dina Flores come from? The Texas guy? Her own mother Nancy Romano referred to Dina as Dina Flores in early reports. And she was also referred to as Dina Flores in the following article:

Well, we know in which direction that investigation went.:furious:
Kimberly would have had a picnic trying to investigate Dina Romano aka Dina Flores..

His name is not Flores. Dina and Nina were adopted, so perhaps Flores was their birth name?

I looked all over the place... the only thing published by Dina is a research paper where she was fourth author written in 2006.

The efficacy of social skills treatment for children with Asperger Syndrome.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/article/Education-Treatment-Children/155235288.html

That paper is probably just basically a distillation of this CPR research project with the exact same title, cited in the paper.

"Elder, L. M., Caterino, L. C., & Virden T. J. (2004). Efficacy of social skills treatment for children with Asperger Syndrome. Unpublished doctoral dissertation (Clinical Research Project), Argosy University/Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona."

This bring us back to the lead author on that paper Lisa Elder (Outhier) is directly related to the guy, Craig Outhier, who wrote the 'Boy Interrupted' article.

And, how did Dina get on here as an MD?

http://doctor.webmd.com/doctor/dina-shacknai-md-d5e3201b-2bed-4b21-9c7e-fad3d4972a90?sponsor=core

Wow, Dina PLAGIARIZED a research paper, NEVER wrote a dissertation, but is now claiming she wrote one AND is falsely impersonating an Medical Doctor! Wow. UNBELIEVABLE arrogance, hypocrisy and fraud! Add those to her long list of crimes including murder, domestic abuse, stalker, adulterer, cheater, slanderer... What a pretentious, worthless . (Excuse my outrage in French). I don't even want to know what other dark seedy secrets she harbors in her cold-hearted soul. This Dina has NO conscience, NO ethics, NO morals whatsoever. SMH

Wow, Dina PLAGIARIZED a research paper, NEVER wrote a dissertation, but is now claiming she wrote one AND is falsely impersonating an Medical Doctor! Wow. UNBELIEVABLE arrogance, hypocrisy and fraud! Add those to her long list of crimes including murder, domestic abuse, stalker, adulterer, cheater, slanderer... What a pretentious, worthless . (Excuse my outrage in French). I don't even want to know what other dark seedy secrets she harbors in her cold-hearted soul. This Dina has NO conscience, NO ethics, NO morals whatsoever. SMH

Funny how no medical school was listed, and her specialty was listed as "Psychology".

Not that I want to stand up for her, but the research paper was from someone else's dissertation, Lisa's. I think Lisa then got together with 4 more people, perhaps they did some editing or rewriting or whatever and sent it in for publication. That doesn't mean Dina plagiarized it, but her role in the paper could have been minmal. It was not presented as her dissertation, I just can't find any 'dissertation' by her and they actually don't do a dissertation, but a research project. I don't think she or anyone else should call it a dissertation. Other degrees that are more clinical, like an EDD, often do not do a dissertation, but that is why they are not called PhD's. Most well respected colleges and universities record that a dissertation was completed and an abstract/etc, like in Dissertation Abstracts International, Dissertation Abstracts Online.

If Dina complete a dissertation or a research project, why has she never talked about her research? Probably because she did the later and there isn't much to glow about.

Not that I want to stand up for her, but the research paper was from someone else's dissertation, Lisa's. I think Lisa then got together with 4 more people, perhaps they did some editing or rewriting or whatever and sent it in for publication. That doesn't mean Dina plagiarized it, but her role in the paper could have been minmal. It was not presented as her dissertation, I just can't find any 'dissertation' by her and they actually don't do a dissertation, but a research project. I don't think she or anyone else should call it a dissertation. Other degrees that are more clinical, like an EDD, often do not do a dissertation, but that is why they are not called PhD's. Most well respected colleges and universities record that a dissertation was completed and an abstract/etc, like in Dissertation Abstracts International, Dissertation Abstracts Online.

If Dina complete a dissertation or a research project, why has she never talked about her research? Probably because she did the later and there isn't much to glow about.

Dissertations are thesis projects by a PhD candidate (or a Master's degree candidate if you're at M.I.T.) whereby the student is the primary author. Dina being the 4th or 5th co-author in a research project means it was NOT a dissertation. Also, a dissertation needs to be defended orally in front of a panel of established PhD/Post-doc experts in the same field. No way no how do I believe Dina conducted an independent investigative research nor do I believe she wrote a dissertation, let alone defend one orally.

IMO Dina is a despicable FRAUD and a cold-blooded, heartless MURDERER of the nth degree.

Dissertations are thesis projects by a PhD candidate (or a Master's degree candidate if you're at M.I.T.) whereby the student is the primary author. Dina being the 4th or 5th co-author in a research project means it was NOT a dissertation. Also, a dissertation needs to be defended orally in front of a panel of established PhD/Post-doc experts in the same field. No way no how do I believe Dina conducted an independent investigative research nor do I believe she wrote a dissertation, let alone defend one orally.

IMO Dina is a despicable FRAUD and a cold-blooded, heartless MURDERER of the nth degree.

Ha! I'm not explaining myself very well.

The one paper with her name on it is not Dina's research project at all... it is just a paper she somehow got her name on, but as 4th author (2006). She was not on the origial Research Project aka 'dissertation'. Although it looks like Argosy allows a dissertation with multiple authors (in this case with Lisa as the first author and Dina not as any author)?

I don't know what happened to her Research Project for her PsyD... no one here has seen what it was even about as far as I know. It couldn't be the paper published in 2006.

Here is Argosy's Library access:

http://argosy.campusguides.com/content.php?pid=124783&sid=1076246
"All dissertations written after 2005 and many prior dissertations are archived electronically within the library's intranet. Search the Argosy Library Catalog"

A clinical research project is definitely NOT a doctoral dissertation.

But then again, a big chunk of the general population doesn't know the difference between a clinical project and a dissertation, or the difference between a research doctorate (PhD) and a CLINICAL doctorate (PsyD).

The only scholarly publication with Dina's name (under either Romano or Shacknai) that could be located is one where she is 4th author in a group project.

http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-155235288/the-efficacy-of-social-skills-treatment-for-children

The efficacy of social skills treatment for children with Asperger Syndrome.: An article from: Education & Treatment of Children: Lisa M. Elder, Linda C. Caterino, Janet Chao, Dina Shacknai, Gina De Simone: Amazon.com: Books

*It's for sale on amazon for $9.95!

This is very likely her clinical research project. (Students are not typically required to be the primary investigator on clinical research projects, although many are.)

Lisa Elder Outhier (the PI in the article above) is the WIFE of Craig Outhier, the independent journalist who wrote the "Boy Interrupted" article for Phoenix Magazine, incidentally. A little "networking" going on in that whole relationship, dontcha think?!

She does, indeed, embellish and INFLATE all things that have to do with herself. There is not a thing wrong with her degree. There is nothing at all wrong with this scholarly article. It just is NOT what she is portraying it to be.

And she has been called out publicly on her embellishments and exaggerations, and it upsets her. That just says a lot about a person, imo.

RedBBM - wow, you really think so????

Ok, I checked at this link - but done in 2004?

http://library.argosy.edu/cgi-bin/P...VuPnOa_m9RLo&SEQ=20130308192214&CNT=50&HIST=1

Dina's research is under Romano-Shacknai:

Main Author: Romano-Shacknai, Dina. Title: Development of the Adolescent Temperament Questionnaire (ADTQ) and cross validation of the ADTQ with the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Scale (CAADS): exploring the relationship between Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and temperament traits in adolescents / dissertation / Dina Romano-Shacknai, 2004.

"The assessment of temperament traits juxtaposed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms provides a foundation from which to evaluate differences between genuine pathology and variations of normal behavior. The purposes of the current study are to modify the current Adult Temperament Questionnaire (ATQ) (Thomas & Chase, 1995) for an adolescent population and use this instrument in conjunction with the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Scale (CAADS) (Caterino, 1995) in order to explore the relationships between temperament traits, as characterized by Thomas & Chess (1977), and symptoms fo ADHD, as well as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), and oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)." -- Romano-Shacknai, 2004.

Call Number: AU/P 2004 Vol. 79

Notice the instrument she's modifying is to use with the one made by her bud Caterino.

Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Scale (CAADS) (Caterino, 1995)

Like our lovely Lash, I needed a few after watching this video.

First, I'm mad, I'm really cranky angry panties in a twist mad. How DARE DS and her organization bring Adam, Megan and Amber into this?!? Does anyone else feel this way? I am horrified that the world lost Max. I think he would have been a wonderful addition to the world. HOWEVER, it is SO NOT RIGHT that DS can go and put this propaganda out into the world. These children, ADAM, MEGAN AND AMBER were actually lost to something horrifying. Something that is the core of evil that is wrong in this world. Do their families know what she is doing, what she is putting their darling faces and names on? Do they know that she is comparing what happened to these darling children to what we know about MS? What we are supposed to believe by all accounts of these police departments. How DARE you Dina Shacknai, when there is no PROOF to your claims, other than proof that you've paid for and the authorities have said NO, it was an accident.

I am 1000% willing to see something that shows a different scenario to poor little Max's death. I am not willing to buy into paid for propaganda that serves a purpose to vilify someone who cannot defend herself because someone brutally took her life. At least Jodi Arias waited until she was on trial for her life to pull out all her lies. Unfortunately there is no one on trial for the fact that Rebecca Zahau was killed in by someone seeking vengeance.

Why in the world haven't both of the cases been reopened? WTH, seriously?

Rebecca Zahau died because Max Shacknai suffered a fatal injury. She didn't kill herself, she was brutally murdered and those murderers walk free today. Dina Shacknai has put herself out there and said that RZ or her minor sister murdered MS. She has done all of this, WHY?!?! Why in the world wouldn't you just go mourn and meditate and deal with the hand you're dealt? There is only ONE REASON why. Because you're doing your own form of damage control, in this very big and public way. We are ALL sorry for the loss of MS and sorry for the loss of RZ. What is it that DS expects to accomplish with ALL OF THIS CRAP?

Finally, I would like to know how much Maxie's House paid to whoever you pay for the rights to use "skyfall" by Adele in their little video. Because that must have cost more than any hair cut and vino "gala" could conjure.

I know this is a long post and I'm sorry, but we're going on two years and and in the month that Rebecca would have turned 34, I think the world really misses her and I think it is TOTAL BULL CHIT that her murder should be swept under the rug while someone uses murdered children to promote their unproven cause.

Always MOO

Attachments

• MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    MAXIEHOUSE.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 25
I wonder what Dina and her cohorts would think if a video was made by a nonprofit about crazy ex's and the danger they present... and forming a nonprofit that totally makes its case around Dina killing Rebecca. Mary Zahau should start one and start making the rounds with long interviews conducted by friends who write columns for newspapers and producing her own video, holding wine galas and hair cuts to fund it.

It could never be as despicable as using a child though, let alone USING the faces of other children connected to nationally known organizations that came about because of horrible violence perpetuated on them.

Knowing how certain people operate, it makes me wonder if Rebecca was
thrown like a torpedo over the balcony?

I wonder if using Adele's Skyfall is something they paid for the rights to use, also. If it wasn't, it would be nice to see a cease and desist order

I wonder if using Adele's Skyfall is something they paid for the rights to use, also. If it wasn't, it would be nice to see a cease and desist order

Someone should contact whoever has the rights to it and ask.

Snipped.

Dina had nothing at all to do with being listed there, or on other "doctor find" sites. Once you are licensed, or listed as clinical staff at even one clinic or facility, your name ends up on dozens of those doctor find lists. All levels of independent care providers are listed, not just medical docs. Nurse practitioners, optometrists, dentists, podiatrists, licensed independent social workers, psychologists, etc. Physician assistants, for example, are not typically listed because they are not independent of physicians in their billing, practice, and licensure. General practice RN's are also not typically listed, unless they have some kind of specialty certification, such as "WOC" nurses (wound, osteomy, and continence), or diabetes educators, or specialized dietitians, etc.

Added: Sometimes the databases incorrectly identify individuals as MD's who are not. It is not the fault of the practitioner, since they didn't ask to be put on the list, and there are so many databases it would be impossible to try to correct this. State licensure boards and lists are the most accurate public sources of information about a provider's credentials. And all of these databases are easily searched public databases. They are intentionally designed to be easily accessible to the public to prevent fraudulent claims of education and credentials.

Disciplinary outcomes, although not always the event details, are also public record, to protect and inform the public. Things such as the minutes of licensure committees are also public record. It can be embarrassing for someone to discover information such as a recommendation to be declined for board exams or licensure (such as Dina's issue with the AZ psych board declining her application for licensure that we discussed months ago), and it is always up to the individual to explain these issues to whomever asks. That is the purpose of licensure and open records, to provide accountability to the public.

If something is listed incorrectly in the minutes, a provider can always request formally that the misinformation be corrected in future meeting minutes. That is what professionals do. Most professionals would not ignore unfavorable information in th public record about their professional practice, because they would have to continuously explain it to future employers, patients, etc. that is, if they ever intend to work professionally. Dina remains unlicensed, for what I can find. She did graduate with her PsyD degree, and use that forever in her credentials. However, she has also greatly, IMO, exaggerated the extent of her professional career. Much of what she claims to have done professionally was done as an intern at the ADHD And Aspergers clinic, or as a volunteer before she went to Argosy.

Here is a sample that could be sent to those organizations included in Dina's video:
I'm wondering if you are aware that Code Adam (or insert NCMEC, Mega's Law, etc)are being used to help promote a nonprofit called Maxies House. Max Shacknai's death was determined to be an unfortunate accident. However, during nonprofit promotions on national television and other media, his mother is claiming a woman who met a violent death, Rebecca Zahau, and her then 13 year old sister murdered Max. Rebecca Zahau was found tied (hands behind her back and feet) gagged and hung from a balcony only 1 1/2 days after Max's accident. Here is the video using your organization to promote Maxie's House and a new law.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/og7LXLkMhpw

Please use it, refine, it or comment on whether this is a good idea. Interestingly, one could send it to the CA AG to complain per the use of Megan's Law in it.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/contact.aspx?lang=ENGLISH

I know this isn't great, it's just a quick try

Megan Nicole Kanka Foundation
megannicolekankafoundation.org

There's an email there

Here is a sample that could be sent to those organizations included in Dina's video:
I'm wondering if you are aware that Code Adam (or insert NCMEC, Mega's Law, etc)are being used to help promote a nonprofit called Maxies House. Max Shacknai's death was determined to be an unfortunate accident. However, during nonprofit promotions on national television and other media, his mother is claiming a woman who met a violent death, Rebecca Zahau, and her then 13 year old sister murdered Max. Rebecca Zahau was found tied (hands behind her back and feet) gagged and hung from a balcony only 1 1/2 days after Max's accident. Here is the video using your organization to promote Maxie's House and a new law.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/og7LXLkMhpw

Please use it, refine, it or comment on whether this is a good idea. Interestingly, one could send it to the CA AG to complain per the use of Megan's Law in it.

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/contact.aspx?lang=ENGLISH

I know this isn't great, it's just a quick try

I think the word everyone is dancing around in processing that YouTube video is "exploitation".

There is a whole lot of exploitation of the victims of violent crimes going on in that video, imo. And IMO, the real cause of death of poor little Maxie is also being tremendously (and disgustingly) exploited in that video. There is no evidence he was the victim of anything more than a very tragic accident, despite Dina's gruesome and very delusional fantasies. I simply cannot believe a loving mother could ever do that. The only explanation I can fathom is that Dina is very seriously mentally ill, and surrounded by a small circle of enablers who feel sympathy and compassion for her. It is one thing to personally hold beliefs about a different cause of death, but this is over the top exploitation, cloaked in a nonprofit, IMO. It is very, very disturbing. And tremendously misguided. This kind of exploitation is harmful to REAL victims of violent crime, and the quest of their loved ones to try to make a difference. IMO.

Ok, I checked at this link - but done in 2004?

http://library.argosy.edu/cgi-bin/P...VuPnOa_m9RLo&SEQ=20130308192214&CNT=50&HIST=1

Dina's research is under Romano-Shacknai:

Main Author: Romano-Shacknai, Dina. Title: Development of the Adolescent Temperament Questionnaire (ADTQ) and cross validation of the ADTQ with the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Scale (CAADS): exploring the relationship between Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and temperament traits in adolescents / dissertation / Dina Romano-Shacknai, 2004.

"The assessment of temperament traits juxtaposed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms provides a foundation from which to evaluate differences between genuine pathology and variations of normal behavior. The purposes of the current study are to modify the current Adult Temperament Questionnaire (ATQ) (Thomas & Chase, 1995) for an adolescent population and use this instrument in conjunction with the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Scale (CAADS) (Caterino, 1995) in order to explore the relationships between temperament traits, as characterized by Thomas & Chess (1977), and symptoms fo ADHD, as well as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), and oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)." -- Romano-Shacknai, 2004.

Call Number: AU/P 2004 Vol. 79

Great find, time! That is probably the clinical project. The subject matter is in line with her comments about the expansion of the questionnaire developed by the other psychologist. It also fits with the goals of a clinical project, which does not have to be original research. PhD dissertations typically investigate a novel hypothesis, and are much more detailed. It looks like a very good project. It would be interesting to know if that tool was used beyond the timeframe of the project.

Great find, time! That is probably the clinical project. The subject matter is in line with her comments about the expansion of the questionnaire developed by the other psychologist. It also fits with the goals of a clinical project, which does not have to be original research. PhD
dissertations typically investigate a novel hypothesis, and are much more detailed. It looks like a very good project. It would be interesting to know if that tool was used beyond the timeframe of the project.

I wish I could read the whole thing to see how the research was conducted. Just curious, but here are my thoughts.

Dina is claiming she developed an instrument, 'Development of the Adolescent Temperament Questionnaire (ADTQ)', by changing another instrument's, Adult Temperament Questionnaire (ATQ), population, from an adult to an adolescent population. I'm laughing a bit because I'm sure part of that was to get her name out there on a new instrument - academics typically try to sell these. I don't know that and adolescent population is that much different than adult - it depends on what ages are defined. I'd like to know how many adolescent's she gave her questionnaire to and if the ATQ has been administered to adolescent's previously anyway. If so, how did she use that research.

Furthermore, Dina is claiming it was cross validated with the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Scale (CAADS) ... at most, this would only be one form of validating a new/redesigned instrument so this may just count as an exploratory study, but it's possible this instrument was also for adults. IDK... seems there are possibly several different populations going on here, depending.

Amador-Campos, J., Balluerka, N., Caterino, L., Gómez-Benito, J., & Stock, W. (2009). Development and validation of a scale to assess the symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in young adults. Psychological Assessment, 21(2), 152-161.
The Caterino Adult Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder Scale (CAADS) was recently developed to screen for ADHD in adults. It consists of two parallel forms, each containing 18 items and three subscales: inattentive, hyperactivity and impulsive. The instrument has satisfactory reliability and content relevance. This tool is designed to aid psychologists in their standard diagnostic practices to screen for the presence of ADHD in adults.
http://www.apapracticecentral.org/update/2010/01-27/research-
roundup.aspx

Not be overly analytical, but ...

Is the Recall of Verbal–Spatial Information From Working Memory Affected by Symptoms of ADHD?

... In the present experiment, we explored the dual coding model with a group of high school participants, some of whom exhibited symptoms of ADHD as measured by the Caterino Assessment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Scale (CAADS; Caterino, 1995)...

Oh, anyway....

BBM - I looked to see if it was cited, etc. Didn't find much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back