McDonalds Employee in Jail for a Salty Burger

At this time we really don't know any thing about the officer but I'm more inclined to think he may have been targeted because of what he does for a living. For a person who puts their life on the line IMO that's just wrong.

VB

The lady in question who cooked this hamburger had no view of the officer who was outside in the drivethru lane. Therefore it's not possible that he was targeted at all unless the person working the window walked over to her in the burger prep area and told her specifically it was a cop.

done on purpose or not I think arresting the employee was a bit much. We ate KFC last week and it was salty and they only gave us one breast and all darkmeat. Can the police come shake down the local KFC then?

done on purpose or not I think arresting the employee was a bit much. We ate KFC last week and it was salty and they only gave us one breast and all darkmeat. Can the police come shake down the local KFC then?

EXACTLY!!!

Does anyone know what the charge was? I mean, can they charge you with giving a salty burger to an officer? Is it assaulting a police officer? Maybe, given the current climate THIS creates where you can land in jail if they don't like it, people would be better off NOT serving the police - even donuts!

"Sorry, sir, you might not like it and I can't afford a night in jail!"

Does anyone know what the charge was? I mean, can they charge you with giving a salty burger to an officer? Is it assaulting a police officer? Maybe, given the current climate THIS creates where you can land in jail if they don't like it, people would be better off NOT serving the police - even donuts!

"Sorry, sir, you might not like it and I can't afford a night in jail!"

the police accused Bull of purposely pouring the salt and pepper on the burger and charged her with reckless conduct. The police photographed the burger, took the sick cop to the hospital, and carted Bull off to jail.
this was the charge.

Photographed the burger? It sounds more like the cop had it in for the McDonald's employee. Stranger things have happened, ala, Bobby Cutts.

The lady in question who cooked this hamburger had no view of the officer who was outside in the drivethru lane. Therefore it's not possible that he was targeted at all unless the person working the window walked over to her in the burger prep area and told her specifically it was a cop.

It was said that since it was LE a discount was applied, so she might have overheard that conversation. I'm sorry I don't remember which link that was at as I read so many different articles about this yesterday.

It was said that since it was LE a discount was applied, so she might have overheard that conversation.

Yeah, but she could also be telling the truth that she accidentally spilled salt on the hamburger. :)

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until the police can prove she did anything to tamper with his hamburger on purpose. After all, she is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

NO they do not... thus the word franchise:)

They all have to follow the same rules ...

I have to disagree here. They may have the "rules" written down, but I seriously doubt if a $5.00 an hour employee reads them. If someone put salt where it shouldn't have been, the "franchise police" aren't going to rain down on them in Swat fashion and bust them. I think plenty of franchise operations do things that may not be in the book.

However, if the cop ate the entire burger, how was there any left to even send to the crime lab? (By the way, I almost fell over when I read that).

If he didn't eat the whole thing: (1) how could he have been so sick from that small amount of salty "beef" (let's face it, they don't really put a whole lotta "meat" in their burgers); and (2) why not just go back and say there's a problem with my burger, may I either have a refund or get another?

(2) why not just go back and say there's a problem with my burger, may I either have a refund or get another?

I think as a police officer he was a bit paranoid that people were going to mess with his food. Maybe this will get him to stop eating junkfood and bring his own healthy lunch to work. Cops need to stay in shape to run down the bad guys.

Also, in terms of franchising, I've been to McDonald's all over the world and they do alot of things different. They even have vastly different foods. In Aruba you can get potato wedges instead of fries. I've seen McDonald's serve pizza, chicken wings, and hot dogs. Or in McDonald's India, they have all sorts of regional type foods there.

Franchising does NOT mean the same. Certain franchise locations can opt out of promotions the company (in this case McDonald's) is running.

This argument is all for nothing anyways. I've heard it straight from a McDonald's employee. There is a salt-mixture in the burger area.

I have to disagree here. They may have the "rules" written down, but I seriously doubt if a $5.00 an hour employee reads them. If someone put salt where it shouldn't have been, the "franchise police" aren't going to rain down on them in Swat fashion and bust them. I think plenty of franchise operations do things that may not be in the book.

However, if the cop ate the entire burger, how was there any left to even send to the crime lab? (By the way, I almost fell over when I read that).

If he didn't eat the whole thing: (1) how could he have been so sick from that small amount of salty "beef" (let's face it, they don't really put a whole lotta "meat" in their burgers); and (2) why not just go back and say there's a problem with my burger, may I either have a refund or get another?

Because he wanted to puff out his chest and be a big man and make an example of the employee. I can not defend this "police officer" in anyway.

I think as a police officer he was a bit paranoid that people were going to mess with his food. Maybe this will get him to stop eating junkfood and bring his own healthy lunch to work. Cops need to stay in shape to run down the bad guys.

Good point! If he was worried someone would mess with his food, he should go to places where he can watch it being prepared in front of him. I personally don't understand why anyone would even eat at McDonalds. I haven't been to one in more years than I can remember. I think I would be sick just walking in.

Yeah, but she could also be telling the truth that she accidentally spilled salt on the hamburger. :)

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until the police can prove she did anything to tamper with his hamburger on purpose. After all, she is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Oh, believe me, I'm sort of on the fence about this one. I can see it being an accident as well as her doing this on purpose. I'd like to see more proof as well. I really want to know what that security camera shows!

What I don't get is that I heard the sheriff interviewed yesterday on cable news and he said that the burger was encrusted with salt. The lettuce as well. I'm pretty sure you would notice something like that, frankly, when you open the wrapper. And one bite should be enough to know there's a problem and to spit it out. You don't take 2 bites of a hamburger that is "encrusted with salt and pepper mixture".

Maybe the first bite was just bread? I don't know. I guess time will tell in this case.

I guess salt was better than having his food spit on! At least, he knew it was there.

They need to do some good old fashioned police work and find others who ate there at the time to see if it was the entire batch or if they are playing CYA. This would be proof of an "accidental" spill or if the officer was actually targeted.

Exactly. If there is video showing the accident, it should be easy enough to prove. Or not.

Does this mean there WAS only one minimum wage employee out there, who WAS unhappy with their job, and didn't like JUST cops, and wanted to vent their apparent frustration with their own life?? Please be careful what, and where, you eat. Makes me want to continue to eat more unprocessed foods.

I almost fell over, too, in disgust. Crime labs are so backed up and understaffed and underfunded that criminals are walking the streets for YEARS even DECADES after their crimes because the DNA never makes it around to be tested.......but there's money to test a salty burger. sheesh. What a "wonderful" use of our limited resources.

I almost fell over, too, in disgust. Crime labs are so backed up and understaffed and underfunded that criminals are walking the streets for YEARS even DECADES after their crimes because the DNA never makes it around to be tested.......but there's money to test a salty burger. sheesh. What a "wonderful" use of our limited resources.

Absolutely! Forget about all those DNA samples waiting to be compared!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903
Back