MD MD - Baltimore, BlkFem 18-60, UP1388, poss depression, long braids, clothes, tri-color ring, Aug'96

Charlotte Romero is listed on both the Doe Network and Namus as case officer, but only with a phone number, no email.

On Namus is an additional contact mentioned, Pamela Reed, pamela.reed@unthsc.edu . She is listed as the regional administrator.

Or, write directly to the Maryland Center for the Missing & Unidentified Persons. On their fb page are two emails listed, carla.proudfoot@maryland.gov and joseph.miller@Maryland.gov .

I live in Maryland. I'll call right now.

Also, I do like to give UIDs placeholder names. I was thinking 'Wilona Doe' for this girl- it's an English name meaning 'hoped for', and I think that's nice seeing as she may have committed suicide.

I love that and the meaning is beautiful!

Called and left a voice mail for Charlotte. Hopefully she will return my call. If not, I'll call the contacts in Philadelphia.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I got a return call from Charlotte, and she was really excited that we are working on this.
Some key points:

Ms. Witherspoon has NO dentals, DNA or fingerprints in the system, which means she cannot be ruled out as our UID. She said unfortunately, when the missing persons ad was placed, there were no identifying factors that can be used to compare to our Jane Doe. I mentioned that there are many cases I follow where family members of the missing submit their DNA and she said that would be great, IF the police department in Philadelphia (the office that originally took the missing persons report) agreed to contact the family.

I actually think this is a step in the right direction. She wasn't ruled out, and Ms. Romero said herself that it seems like a definite possibility. During my lunch break in a few hours I'll try to call the agency listed on Adrienne Witherspoon's NAMUS and Charley Project pages. Hopefully there will be a family member who can come forward and help us out.

Also--

IF we can get ahold of some family members, maybe they can help us get ahold of dental records. Charlotte Romero did not mention the UID having no DNA, so maybe she DOES and it's just not updated in the system....I'm not sure.

This sounds hopeful! Thank you for doing this CD82!

Maybe if Charlotte Romero thinks there is a good chance this is a match she would try to get this Jane Doe exhumed for DNA?

Good luck with contacting the police department! Keep us posted.

Thank you CD82! This could be an amazing lead. Hopefully Wilona will go home soon.

Hey everyone,

Friday I called the Philadelphia Police number from the doenetwork page and left a message for the officer who works on missing persons. Still waiting on a call back!

Hey everyone,

Friday I called the Philadelphia Police number from the doenetwork page and left a message for the officer who works on missing persons. Still waiting on a call back!

thank you so much! I really see this as a good match

Any updates on this poor girl?

According to Namus her page was last updated in October of this year:

Date created: April 25, 2008
Date last modified: October 12, 2017

Perhaps the update was to add this composite from the NCMEC:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Baltimore.jpg
    Baltimore.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 48
It's good they added the composite; oftentimes, it's the one thing that makes a case jump out at people and gets attention. Cases with some kind of image always seem to garner more sympathy.

Bumping.
1042UFMD
1042UFMD - Unidentified Female

1042UFMD.jpg

Date of Discovery: August 06, 1996
Location of Discovery: Baltimore, Baltimore City County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Minutes prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Pedestrian/train accident

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 18-25 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'7", Estimated
Weight: 170-190 lbs., Estimated
Hair Color: Brown with very long braids.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She may have suffered from depression.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Fillings were noted.
Fingerprints: Available. Contact the Baltimore City Police Department at 410-396-2121 regarding the status of the fingerprints.
DNA: Not Available - sample not retained.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Green t-shirt with a large multi-colored decal on the front, black bra with flowers on it, blue sweatpants, red panties, and brown lace-up shoes.
Jewelry: She may have been wearing a tri-colored ring.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was struck by a train in the 3200 block of Lohrs Lane on the west side of Baltimore.

Hey everyone,

Any news?

It does not mention anywhere that i have seen, whether the very long braids are natural or if it is hair extensions.
If it is the uid's own hair, might that suggest anything of note, such as her religious/cultural upbringing? speculation, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back