MD MD - Betty Redmond, 25, Pasadena, 26 Sept 1976

BRedmond.jpg

Betty Irene Redmond
Missing since September 26, 1976 from Pasadena, Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 23, 1951
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" (160 cm.); 110 lbs. (50 kg.)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: No scars, tattoos or identifying marks.
    • Medical Conditions: She did take medication for a nervous condition.
    • DNA: Available
    • AKA: Betty McFadden; "Bimmy".

Circumstances of Disappearance

Redmond was married and a mother of two minor children. It was alleged that Mrs. Redmond went to bed and when her husband awoke, his wife was missing along with her car and a .22 caliber handgun. The car was recovered at BWI Airport. Redmond has not contacted relatives since and foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Sgt. Christina Becker
Maryland State Police
410-386-3029

Agency Case Number: H6515570
NCIC Number: M100614877

Source Information:
Maryland State Police
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 933DFMD
Betty Irene Redmond – The Charley Project

Bumping. Whenever a woman, especially a wife and mother, “disappears” in the middle of the night, the police should be looking long and hard at her spouse. Especially when he’s the one providing all the information, including his discovery of her car abandoned at the airport.

I don’t think Betty’s case is related to Karen Kamsch’s disappearance — from what I’ve gathered from reading about Karen, it sounds like someone close to her was abusing her, and that person is more than likely responsible for her probable murder.

I wish there was more information on Betty’s case. It’s hard to believe that she left in the middle of the night, abandoned the car herself at the airport, then managed to kill herself in a way that left no sightings, no clues, no body, and no weapon. But I guess anything is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back