MD MD - Betty Roberts, 29, Baltimore, 3 Nov 1959

Namus currently shows 29 exclusions, but the two added since last year appear to be duplicates:

IMG_3404.jpeg

Interesting posts about the adoptee searching for birth mom named Betty Atwell. But I think it likely that these are two separate persons, since the birthmom was around in 1963, and Betty Marie Roberts disappeared in 1959.
Richard - if you are still here, now that we’re told she went by Betty Atwell at one time it seems there might be a connection to the Baltimore Betty Atwell mentioned by the Adoptee above.

betty-roberts.jpeg

Betty Roberts in a 1959 photo.

LINKS:

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

That year she met a man who called himself Charles Wegman. He said he was a traveling photographer and Roberts and her sister met him when they applied for jobs as his assistants. Wegman appeared to be in his late thirties and said he was from Houston, Texas.

This troubles me...The fact that this man was a "traveling photographer" looking for young ladies for an assistant. It sounds like a sure-fire way to flatter young, unsuspecting women. In the 80s we were told never to fall for the photographer/modeling scams in the back of magazines. I've seen enough crime shows to know that there have been nefarious photographers before. Could that be why the FBI knew his correct name? He was on their radar?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back