MD MD - Bob Boyes, 10, Port Republic, 26 Dec 1968

Bob Louis Richard Boyes
bob_louis_richard_boyes_1.jpg
boyes_bob_ap.jpg

Bob, circa 1968; Age-progression to age 62 (circa 2020)

• Missing Since 12/26/1968
  • Missing From Port Republic, Maryland
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/10/1958 (63)
  • Age 10 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'0, 80 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue hooded coat, dark-colored pants, a plaid shirt and brown leather boots.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bob has a scar on his upper lip.
Details of Disappearance

Bob was last seen in his hometown of Port Republic, Maryland the afternoon of December 26, 1968. He left a friend's home with his pet deer and was last seen on a road near his own home. The deer arrived at Bob's house without him, and he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
  • Maryland State Police
  • Prince Frederick Barracks
  • 410-535-1400
Source Information

Bob Louis Richard Boyes
boyes_bob_ap.jpg

• Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 10 years old
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark blue hooded coat, dark-colored pants, a plaid shirt and brown leather boots.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Bob has a scar on his upper lip.
Details of Disappearance

Bob was last seen in his hometown of Port Republic, Maryland the afternoon of December 26, 1968. He left a friend's home with his pet deer and was last seen on a road near his own home. The deer arrived at Bob's house without him, and he has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
  • Maryland State Police
  • 410-535-1400
Source Information

Today marks the anniversary of my brother, Bob, who disappeared 53 years ago. Still looking for answers. Someone out there has got to know something. I just want to find his remains.

Bob Louis Richard Boyes
boyes_bob_ap.jpg

• Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 10 years old
Details of Disappearance

Investigating Agency
  • Maryland State Police
  • 410-535-1400
Source Information

Bob case was this week's Vanished podcast.

Wow. That story was much different than I expected.
Many hugs and best wishes to Bob's surviving family members. You've all been through some very painful and traumatic experiences. I'm glad you encountered some helpful people along the way.

I had thought of it being a stranger abduction. In some ways like Shawn Hornbeck - abducted on a very remote rural road.

Learning of the father's history is very sad. JMO it wasn't him, but one of his associates. So bizarre for the dad to have his family living in a mobile home, but he had a photography dark room in his shed?

JMO the mom did the best she could given the lack of support services for women back then.

I hope Bob is found and the family learns the truth.

LE did a very good job on this case and are to be commended for staying with it for so long.

Bumping case to the top.

What happened to Bob Louis Richard Boyes?

Bob was last seen in Port Republic, Maryland on December 26, 1968.

Clothing: Bob was last seen wearing a dark blue coat with a hood, dark pants, a plaid shirt.
Footwear: last seen wearing brown leather boots

There was an update for him on the Doe Network. Don't know what it is.

Random, but I wonder how he acquired Pete the deer and what happened to Pete after his human friend never came home.
I have wondered this too. He must have been a gentle boy to have a deer trust him that much! In an interview with his little sister (I think), she mentioned how kind he was.

From the map in this article, it looks like Port Republic is right on or near the Chesapeake Bay. That area has many cliffs overlooking the bay. Sometimes they can crumble if someone gets too close to the edge.

Does anyone know how far the Boyes home was from the Chesapeake Bay?

From this map, it looks a little inland:

IMG_2480.gif

Here’s a picture of one of the cliffs, for context. This wouldn’t be the one closest to Port Republic, but just to give an idea of the environmentIMG_2483.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024
Maryland State Police are asking the public for assistance as investigators continue the search for a 10-year-old boy who was reported missing more than 55 years ago in Calvert County.

April 24, 2024
''PORT REPUBLIC, Md. — Police are asking for the public's help to find a boy who vanished from a Maryland town and has not been seen in more than 50 years. Maryland State Police investigators are hoping a renewed focus on the case will bring fresh leads.
Bob Boyes, who was 10 years old when was last seen on Dec. 26, 1968, while walking home with his pet deer on Wash Hance Road in Port Republic. '
1713985813398.png

Apr 23, 2024
Maryland State Police are asking the public for assistance as investigators continue the search for a 10-year-old boy who was reported missing more than 55 years ago in Calvert County.

April 24, 2024
''PORT REPUBLIC, Md. — Police are asking for the public's help to find a boy who vanished from a Maryland town and has not been seen in more than 50 years. Maryland State Police investigators are hoping a renewed focus on the case will bring fresh leads.
Bob Boyes, who was 10 years old when was last seen on Dec. 26, 1968, while walking home with his pet deer on Wash Hance Road in Port Republic. '
View attachment 499300
It’s great to see this renewed publicity. What an adorable little boy he was. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back