MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #3 *INDICTMENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on this. I just don't believe all 6 would be guilty. My question is, did one or two do this and the others saw what happened and aren't talking. or did one or two have FG alone at sometime and the others really don't know what happened.
My problem with the whole thing is, if there is no evidence of what happened, how is ANYONE charged. And so quickly. You still have to put up a case. You can't throw the book at them because 'something' happened and you don't know what. We still have a justice system, don't we? I can't imagine what it would be like to be a good cop, who didn't even know what really happened and be charged with this murder.
Then if everyone walks, here we go again. This should have been better investigated, even if outsiders had to be brought in to do it.

mkelly's show has been doing a lot of coverage on this the past few nites. the police commissioner said l/e has lots of questions & rattled them off but didn't provide an answer. that's very telling imo cause i bet he doesn't have an answer - or the answer would be yes -- you can/will be arrested. what a mess.

i'm not convinced these 6 cops are bad.

forgot to add - why don't all these people with cell phones turn them on the drug dealers & criminals.

Meghyan (sp?) Kelly? Really? Shocker.

I find it hard to believe that some talking head from FOX would have only positives to say about the six officers CHARGED in Freddy's death. that would be like making Zimmerman some hero. Oh. Wait..

*sarcasm font*

I just can't wrap my head around this, I know 99.9% of officers are just spending another day at work, even in baltimore, most of the calls are just a hassle, non-violent non-confrontational, my kid didn't come home on time, my neighbors dog is barking etc

Their lives are always on the line, even then, they must take precaution, casual left turn light is out can turn into a shootout, although its rare, they just want to get home like we all do!

The only problem I have is with the *hush* of it all, 6 people are charged, and not because 6 people did something wrong, I'm conflicted on this because I understand the police need for a unified force, they have to have each others back for safety reasons, but there are alot of police officers and to say they are all upstanding is very naive

I love the police! But plz don't stand up for your brothers who made a mistake, one swift kick was all it took imo, one frustrated officer who didn't plan on killing anyone! But is obviously scared after of life in prison

I think it was a mistake, and they should just be honest, he or she just wanted him to calm down, and they hit him in a vital point on accident

If they just "ratted" out their peer lives would've been saved today, and I think an accidental death would have a minimum sentence.

All people are human, and we all make bad choices, I consider all officers upstanding, even though I have encountered a couple kind of offensive, like the one who slapped his daughter in the face extremely hard at my childrens' bus stop

I'm sorry this all happened, I understand the pain from both sides and I just wish humans weren't at this point.

And we have a potential post of the day.....

Now, in a document filed by Mosby’s office on Monday, prosecutors indicated that they want the evidence in this case to be sealed. The State’s Attorney’s Office says it intends to seek a protective order restricting the dissemination of sensitive discovery. This includes the highly anticipated medical records and autopsy report that would have shed more light on Freddie Gray’s in-custody injuries that contributed to his death.

http://foxbaltimore.com/m/news/feat...dical-records-are-released.shtml#.VW5j-BDD_qA

Short article but a little more to read at link.

Now, in a document filed by Mosby’s office on Monday, prosecutors indicated that they want the evidence in this case to be sealed. The State’s Attorney’s Office says it intends to seek a protective order restricting the dissemination of sensitive discovery. This includes the highly anticipated medical records and autopsy report that would have shed more light on Freddie Gray’s in-custody injuries that contributed to his death.

http://foxbaltimore.com/m/news/feat...dical-records-are-released.shtml#.VW5j-BDD_qA

I hope they don't get away with it. MM should be removed not only from this case, but her position as well.

What's she trying to hide?

Who Knows? You'd think she would want the autopsy results out in the public.

What's she trying to hide?

Maybe shes not trying to hide anything.

She could be scared that something in the report, taken out of context, could cause a repeat of the riots and looting.

Could be as simple as that.

She could be scared that something in the report, taken out of context, could cause a repeat of the riots and looting.

Perhaps. Seems unlikely though given the mayor's nonchalant attitude towards looting.

I hope she isn't successful in suppressing the autopsy report. I don't see how it would harm her case. This case dominated American news for weeks and I would like to finally know how FG died. Speculation and rumor caused far too much trouble to hide the facts now.

MM's job isn't to calm the masses, or keep us calm. Her job is to see justice done in criminal cases. How the public might react to the truth ought not figure in to her request to the court.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk 2

Jeff Abell
@jeffabellfox45

Marilyn Mosby wants more time to respond to defense motions. But her recent circus appearance could prevent it.*pic.twitter.com/dKew6tHRgK

9:57pm*- 3 Jun 15

In latest court filing, defense attys. cite Mosby's recent circus appearance in their objection to her request for additional time.

10:21pm*- 3 Jun 15

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffAbellFOX45

Something STINKS, methinks! It's going to get very interesting when these autopsy results finally come out...I don't think MM would be terribly concerned about them leaking out if they supported the charges she brought. JMOO, but I think there is something there, like the article said, a pre-existing condition or something that point towards self-injury...time will tell.

Mosby says she'll seek order to block release of Freddie Gray autopsy report

Mosby told The Baltimore Sun that prosecutors "have a duty to ensure a fair and impartial process for all parties involved" and "will not be baited into litigating this case through the media."

But an attorney for one of the officers said the effort shows that "there is something in that autopsy report that they are trying to hide."

I tend to agree with the defense attorney in this.

The autopsy is usually the cornerstone in a case like this. Why would the State try to hide something that should be the basis of their case? How could releasing information that supports the charges be something the State would want to suppress? That's usually what the defense tries to do.

Something is wrong here. JMO.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...y-protective-order-20150603-story.html#page=1

I don't think so because it is the 6 indicted cops that are fighting for it to be released. If it was something damning then I doubt they'd be asking for it to be made public.

I don't think so because it is the 6 indicted cops that are fighting for it to be released. If it was something damning then I doubt they'd be asking for it to be made public.

I'm not sure how something in the autopsy report could be taken out of context and result in further violence.

I think that the accused, like us, would like to know what the coroner has to say about the death of Freddie Gray.

What's wrong with that?

Mosby says she'll seek order to block release of Freddie Gray autopsy report

I tend to agree with the defense attorney in this.

The autopsy is usually the cornerstone in a case like this. Why would the State try to hide something that should be the basis of their case? How could releasing information that supports the charges be something the State would want to suppress? That's usually what the defense tries to do.

Something is wrong here. JMO.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...y-protective-order-20150603-story.html#page=1

Would the defense have seen the autopsy results at this point in time?

rsbm

I could totally see that. Do you have a link?

The move is the latest effort by Mosby's office to restrict information in the high-profile case. Her office has also sought a gag order to prevent participants from discussing the case in public, and has broken with a long-standing practice by not giving a copy of the autopsy report to Baltimore police.

In a response to Mosby's latest filing, defense attorneys said Wednesday that they have been denied an outline of evidence and claims against the officers, and have not been allowed to inspect a knife that was taken from Gray during his arrest.

Bates said the protective order would allow only prosecutors and defense attorneys to see the documents, and could require the court to seal all new filings that make reference to information in the documents.

In that way, he said, it would be more restrictive than a gag order.

"Nobody would know anything but the state and the defense, so they would totally hide it from the public," Bates said. "If your case is as good as you said it was, why don't you just show the evidence? … You can't holler and say, 'I'm about accountability for the citizens,' and then run around filing for a protective order."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...ry.html#page=1

The move is the latest effort by Mosby's office to restrict information in the high-profile case. Her office has also sought a gag order to prevent participants from discussing the case in public, and has broken with a long-standing practice by not giving a copy of the autopsy report to Baltimore police.

In a response to Mosby's latest filing, defense attorneys said Wednesday that they have been denied an outline of evidence and claims against the officers, and have not been allowed to inspect a knife that was taken from Gray during his arrest.

Bates said the protective order would allow only prosecutors and defense attorneys to see the documents, and could require the court to seal all new filings that make reference to information in the documents.

In that way, he said, it would be more restrictive than a gag order.

"Nobody would know anything but the state and the defense, so they would totally hide it from the public," Bates said. "If your case is as good as you said it was, why don't you just show the evidence? … You can't holler and say, 'I'm about accountability for the citizens,' and then run around filing for a protective order."

Ok, so you do not have a link for the claim you asserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221