1655610576689.png

creighton_james.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
# Missing Since: December 24, 2000 from Princess Anne, Maryland
# Classification: Endangered Missing
# Date Of Birth: September 19, 1958
# Age: 42 years old
# Height and Weight: 6'2, 190 pounds

# Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown ear-length hair parted on the right. Creighton has acne scars on his face. He had a moustache at the time of his disappearance. There is a screw in his right foot.

# Medical Conditions: Creighton suffers from Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). This makes him extremely succeptible to illness and infections. He has a history of abusing drugs, particularly crack cocaine and perscription medications. He was prescribed the sleeping pill Ambient on December 23, the day before his disappearance. Creighton may have been disoriented at the time he disappeared.

**Visit Charley Project link (above) for more information about the circumstances of his disappearance

Although the disappearance is probably too recent to have its own listing on the Doe Network, there is this informative news story there <modsnip: Removed broken link>

<modsnip: Removed broken link>

The family is still looking for him.

Exerpt from article:

The last day they saw him, James Clark Creighton spoke in riddles.

"He said, 'When this all comes out, it will be bigger than you ever imagined,' " said his friend Charles Clarkson, who gave Creighton a lift into town from near Deal Island. "He said these goofy, prophetic things, and we went on up the road."

That was the last time Clarkson saw or heard from Creighton, who was 42 when he was last seen five years ago, two days before Christmas.

<snip>

Creighton's family became suspicious when he failed to show up at their Deal Island-area residence Christmas Eve, 2000. He was a no-show at the family dinner the next day and concern heightened.

"He had spent the week at our house and went to Princess Anne to get a prescription," Sydnor recounted. "(Clarkson) dropped him at the Rite Aid and he planned to come back for Christmas -- he always did."

Missing ceiling tiles in Creighton's upstairs Princess Anne apartment on Prince William Street also was unsettling to family members.

"The door was unlocked and ceiling tiles, at least two, were removed," said Clarkson, who went to the apartment for answers. "The place didn't look ransacked, but it was odd that tiles were missing and a pair of black bedroom slippers -- and it was bitter cold."

<snip>

Added Clarkson, "He got paid from a job he had done in town. He said it felt good to have a bit of money in his pocket."

Clarkson, Sydnor's longtime companion, recalled a conversation with her brother on their Dec. 23 ride into Princess Anne.

"There was a gang that stalked him ... (for) money. He would come to my house because he could be comfortable, safe and sober here."

There have been rumors over the years about an argument that involved Creighton, a "crack house" and a beating during which he was badly injured, Sydnor said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this case up on the occasion of the 6th anniversary of his disappearance. Case still unsolved...

Richard said:
Bumping this case up on the occasion of the 6th anniversary of his disappearance. Case still unsolved...
Thanks Richard. Creighton's sister is pushing for reforms in handling of missing persons in this state.

Is there any resolution in this case? This December will mark 10 years since James went missing.

james_clark_creighton_1.jpg

Creighton, circa 2000

Missing Person Profile as of November 17th, 2018:
Missing Since: 12/24/2000
Missing From: Princess Anne, Maryland
Date of Birth: 9/19/1958
Age (at time of disappearance): 42 years old
Height and Weight: 6'2, 190 - 195 pounds
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A tan winter coat.
Medical Conditions: Creighton suffers from AIDS and is extremely susceptible to illness and infections as a result.

He has a history of abusing drugs, particularly crack cocaine and prescription medications. He was prescribed the sleeping pill Ambien on December 23, the day before his disappearance. Creighton may have been disoriented at the time he disappeared.

Distinguishing Characteristics:
Caucasian male.
Brown hair.
Creighton has acne scars on his face and chest. He had a mustache at the time of his disappearance. There is a screw inserted in his right foot.

TIPS: Anyone having information should call the Princess Anne Police Department at (410)-651-1822

Details of Disappearance

Creighton resided in an apartment on Prince William Street in Princess Anne, Somerset County, Maryland in December 2000. On the day of his disappearance he allegedly went to a drug house, then there was an altercation there and he left.

Witnesses saw him walking in the area of Bowland Hill Circle, approximately one mile outside the city of Princess Anne. He appeared to be disoriented at the time and stated that something was going to happen which "will be bigger than you ever imagined."

Creighton's family reported him missing when he did not arrive for the scheduled Christmas dinner. When one of his friends went to his apartment, he discovered that the door was unlocked and at least two ceiling tiles had been removed inside. The apartment was otherwise in order and the only thing missing besides the ceiling tiles was a pair of black bedroom slippers.

Although Creighton has been diagnosed with AIDS and was using illegal drugs at the time of his disappearance, his family stated he was improving his lifestyle and had a steady job. Extensive searches have failed to turn up any sign of him. Police suspect he was taken against his will.

Creighton's case is unsolved. His family believes he is deceased and his disappearance is being investigated as a homicide.

LINKS:

charleyproject.org/case/james-clark-creighton

James Clark Creighton- Maryland- 2000 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for America's Most Wanted & In Pursuit with John Walsh)

James Clark does not have a case number or file in the Doe Network site, however the following article does appear:

Families seek closure on Net

By Ben Penserga

PRINCESS ANNE -- It has been nearly three years after her brother's disappearance, and Janet Sydnar is still ready for the phone call or knock on her door that will provide her with some answers. "I'm still waiting to hear any news," she said. When 42-year-old James Clark Creighton did not show up for the family's Christmas dinner on December 23, 2000, Sydnar reported him missing.

And while an exhaustive search by local and state police has not been successful, Snydar continues to stay in Somerset to keep his memory around.

"I know if I leave here, he'll be forgotten," she said.

In the past few months, Sydnar has began the process of legally declaring her brother dead, but is still looking for something that can give her a definitive answer about what happened to Creighton.

"I just want some closure to it," she said. Kylen Johnson hopes to provide that closure. Johnson is the Maryland Area Director for the Doe Network, a volunteer group that tries to match unidentified human remains with missing person profiles. Maryland National Computer Crime Information Center lists more than 2,000 missing persons, Johnson said...

More at link:
Families seek closure on Net

The most recent article I could locate on James' case:

Trail To The Truth: Missing Clark Creighton

February 10, 2022
Jordan Kudisch

Grief For Over Two Decades

“If you went missing who would look for you? How long would they look? I started looking immediately, I look to this day. I feel the same way that I did that day, just 20 years worse.”

Two decades of grief, anger, and vows to find her brother’s killer.
An unexplainable disappearance that’s consumed the life of Janet Sydnor, the sister, of missing 63-year-old James ‘Clark’ Creighton.

No one has seen or heard from the Princess Anne man… since winter of 2000.

Fast forward to 2021, the case became nothing more than a binder, filled with tips, that piled up over the years.
That was until Detective Sue Dize officially took over the investigation.

“She’s been hurt. Her brother is gone, and people either lied to her or they’re not telling her the truth, and I’m not going to sugarcoat it. I told her, I can’t guarantee I’m going to find your brother, but I’m going to work my hardest to find him,” Dize shared.

5 Unidentified Person Exclusions:

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP6171
Date Body FoundDecember 26, 2005
StateVA
CountyPittsylvania

Case Photo

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP2901
Date Body FoundJanuary 18, 2002
StateMD
CountyMontgomery

Case Photo