MD MD - Karen Kamsch, 14, Pasadena, 1976

Articles wrote in 2007, posting these since the articles above are no longer working links.

Teen missing since 1976 believed to be slaying victim

Anne Arundel County police detectives said they suspect the disappearance of a teenager more than 30 years ago was a homicide and have been talking to a person of interest in the case.

Police said Tuesday that the Aug. 29 search on Wishing Rock Road was linked to the disappearance of Karen Beth Kamsch, who was 14 at the time of her disappearance.

Four months ago, someone called police to report that Kamsch had been missing from her grandmother's home in Pasadena since the winter of 1976...More...

Test Results awaited in 1976 disappearance

Police officially reopen 1976 case of missing girl

In the winter of 1976, Karen Beth Kamsch vanished from her grandmother's Pasadena home and was never heard from again...More...

I am in absolute disbelief that she has been missing since 1976 and not reported until 2007!?!?!?!
How could anyone go that long without checking up on their child?
How can they just write them away as a runaway and give up on them?

I am positive the family has to be hiding something. That's the only logical answer. Reminds me of the Michelle Pulsifer case.

Thirty five years have now passed since Karen Beth Kamsch disappeared.

Here is what the news papers reported initially about possible remains in a well:

... Three months after a man called Anne Arundel County police looking for answers about the mysterious disappearance of his 14-year-old sister in 1976, homicide investigators say they have zeroed in on a "person of interest" in the case and await test results to determine whether the girl's remains were found last week in a well outside her former home.

Anne Arundel police Lt. David Waltemeyer said yesterday that forensic archeologists would examine evidence recovered Aug. 29 in a 20-foot-deep well at 51 Wishing Rock Rd., Pasadena, the address from which Karen Beth Kamsch reportedly disappeared 31 years ago. Waltemeyer said he could not "say we have found something or haven't found something" without the expert analysis.

"After 30 years of being in water in a deep well, we would not expect to find intact human remains," Waltemeyer said. ...

... Waltemeyer said investigators were drawn to the well by a cadaver search dog from Baltimore County and a tip from one of the people they had interviewed. The dried-up well had been capped. He said police found "certain things" that were not to be expected "at the bottom of a well after 30 years." ...

I have not seen anything further as to what the results of any testing was, or as to who the mystery "person of interest" was.

Does anyone else have any updates to this case?

Thank you for the updates! I too, have always found it weird she was not reported missing for awhile. Maybe that in itself is a clue...

The story about the remains found in the well some 30 years ago is interesting. No ID on that one as far as I know.

The other link about remains being identified refers to a May 2012 disappearance. Here is some info on the more recent case:

---------------------

PASADENA, Md. (7 August 2012) - Human remains found earlier this month in the Pasadena area of Anne Arundel County have been identified as 20-year-old Jessica Lee of Brooklyn Park.

Lee, leaves behind a devastated family – including a daughter, 16-month-old Megan.

Lee left her home back in May; family members had been searching for her ever since...

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-checker/anne-arundel-crime/anne-arundel-county-police-seek-help-in-finding-girl-missing-since-1976

It had been alleged that Olga Kamsch, now deceased, and Karen Kamsch’s father, George Norman Kamsch, called the police who took a missing persons report, but no records have ever been located listing Karen Kamsch as a missing person.

Police said Karen Kamsch was born on Jan. 19, 1962, Karen Beth Kamsch in Baltimore and that a check through various computer systems has been unable to verify her existence since 1976.

Detectives have conducted numerous interviews with family, friends, and schoolmates of Karen. Through these interviews, police believe Kamsch’s disappearance is suspicious and fear she was the victim of a homicide.

This is still very much a "cold case" because of the lack of DNA (that we know of)... sad. Hope her brother gets the closure he needs, and that she has her day in court. The parents shouldn't just get away with throwing their own child down a well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back