MD MD - Keith Warren, 19, Silver Spring, 30 Jul 1986

When someone has a chance - can LE in Maryland or any other state order a body to be embalmed? Somehow I think not, but would appreciate clarification.

Did the funeral home overstep their boundaries by accepting an instruction from LE to embalm a body? Were they informed that the family could not be found? Who was going to pay for the embalming if the funeral home did not have family to deal with?

Red flag, imo, along with all other good points brought up today.

When someone has a chance - can LE in Maryland or any other state order a body to be embalmed? Somehow I think not, but would appreciate clarification.

Did the funeral home overstep their boundaries by accepting an instruction from LE to embalm a body? Were they informed that the family could not be found? Who was going to pay for the embalming if the funeral home did not have family to deal with?

Red flag, imo, along with all other good points brought up today.

That is what really stands out to me as being very hinky, LE asking for embalming. Not sure who has the power to request such a thing but I did find this link that says "In DC, Maryland, and other states, embalming is not required at all under any circumstances." http://www.mdfunerals.org/pubs/Avoid_overpaying.pdf

Also, from reading here http://www.funerals.org/your-legal-rights/was-the-funeral-home-ethical I would say that this funeral home was certainly unethical. Completing a service not requested by the family and then charging the family is a big no-no.

This is the link to the Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs http://www.mdfunerals.org/index.php I haven't researched them thoroughly but here is the "About Us":

"The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs (FCAME) is the volunteer-run regional chapter of a national non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA). We welcome all individuals regardless of religious beliefs or affiliation, race, national origin, gender or other classification.

We advocate for fair practices in the funeral industry through national and state legislation and regulation.

The information we provide enables individuals to make more informed choices about funerals, cremations and other options for after-death services.

The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs serves residents in Maryland, the District of Columbia and Delaware."

It might be a good place to start for the family to at least get an investigation into the funeral home and maybe figure out one piece of this puzzle.

Found this in Dr. Mohammed Ali Al-Bayati path & tox pdf:

Boldest by me for emphasis...

http://www.omsj.org/2012/Al-Bayati-Keith-Report-Feb-13-2012-F.pdf

Snipped:
Most of the technical grade TCE sold in the USA contains about 94% TCE and 6% stabilizers such as epoxides and amines to prevent dehydrochlorination of TCE and the reaction of TCE with metals. However, no dioxane was present in Keith’s blood and tissues. These data indicate that TCE used in Keith’s case was not purchased to clean metals and it was likely used as a cleaner for photographic film.

Keith’s mother found a plain vanilla envelope inside the screen door of her house on April 9, 1992, which is about 6 years after Keith’s death. It contained 5 crime-scene photos showing Keith was hanging from a tree. The police department conceded that they were copies of original police photos, but they had no idea where they came from. It is possible that there is a link between the individual who produced a copy of the crime- scene photos and the individual who purchased the TCE used in Keith’s case. TCE is used as cleaner for photographic film (Sections III & IV).

4) The estimated volume of xylene, ethylbenzene, and toluene mixture ingested by Keith is 1.7 mL. It consists of 73.9% xylenes, 20.5% eththylbenzene, 5.52% toluene, which is similar to the composition of the technical grade xylene that contain about 80% xylenes, 20% ethylebenzene as well as a small quantity of toluene. It is possible that the technical grade TCE used in Keith’s case also contains 2% technical xylene or the technical grade xylene was added to TCE to enhance their solubility in water. Xylene is also used as a solvent in the printing industry (Sections III & IV).

Suicide my azz. This kid was going to college in a month! 1986 & an African-American young man - suicide knowing college is looming in the near future? No way. Not buying it...

His summer job was at Glenmont Chrysler and Bel Pre Shell.

Thank-you Jersey*Girl for all the links you provided. I agree - hinky and suicide my azz.

This young man had everything to look forward to and do not see that there was excess pressure of any kind put on him by family. He seemed to be 'doing his thing'.

I will be rooting for answers for this family.

I keep trying to remember 1986... I graduated hs in 1984 & LSD use wasn't as widespread as in the 70's per se. I'm trying to remember what solvents were used for in the illegal drug manufacturing industry. Anybody happen to know? Was it cocaine or angel dust? I also remember something about anti freeze being used for something.

Is de-icer like a degreaser?

Gosh it's wracking my brain!

I wonder... & this is not to make this crime appear more than what it already is, but I wonder if Keith really was set up. Maybe he happened upon something he wasn't supposed to see. Could they have spiked his drink?

The chick that called the paramedics & said there was a suicide in the basement, then changed her story to walking her dog & saw Keith hanging in the woods - maybe she was thrown in the middle of all this & changed her wording out of fear? Still, I'd probably punch her in her face if I were Keith's family. What a low life to lie & never give the family answers. IMO its weak & pathetic. I can think of a few other choice words as well, but alas - I'll watch my manners...

Imo Jersey*Girl, Keith Warren was set up for as yet unknown reasons.

The best the family could hope for now is the chick that called paramedics will come clean with what she knows. I hope she can find it in her heart to do this. It won't be easy for her, but she should do it just the same.

Found this in Dr. Mohammed Ali Al-Bayati path & tox pdf:

Boldest by me for emphasis...

Snipped:
Most of the technical grade TCE sold in the USA contains about 94% TCE and 6% stabilizers such as epoxides and amines to prevent dehydrochlorination of TCE and the reaction of TCE with metals. However, no dioxane was present in Keith’s blood and tissues. These data indicate that TCE used in Keith’s case was not purchased to clean metals and it was likely used as a cleaner for photographic film.

Keith’s mother found a plain vanilla envelope inside the screen door of her house on April 9, 1992, which is about 6 years after Keith’s death. It contained 5 crime-scene photos showing Keith was hanging from a tree. The police department conceded that they were copies of original police photos, but they had no idea where they came from. It is possible that there is a link between the individual who produced a copy of the crime- scene photos and the individual who purchased the TCE used in Keith’s case. TCE is used as cleaner for photographic film (Sections III & IV).

4) The estimated volume of xylene, ethylbenzene, and toluene mixture ingested by Keith is 1.7 mL. It consists of 73.9% xylenes, 20.5% eththylbenzene, 5.52% toluene, which is similar to the composition of the technical grade xylene that contain about 80% xylenes, 20% ethylebenzene as well as a small quantity of toluene. It is possible that the technical grade TCE used in Keith’s case also contains 2% technical xylene or the technical grade xylene was added to TCE to enhance their solubility in water. Xylene is also used as a solvent in the printing industry (Sections III & IV).

Wow, imho this was not a suicide. Above in quote, it mentions 'xylene', I manybe mistaken but I believe it is also used for pool paint. When they paint public pools they mix xylene & the paint together. Hubby does sidework in spring doing just this. This xylene is potent. Its sooo strong of an odor that you can smell it in the parking lot of the pool. It also burns your skin. I have to do research more, but I'm almost certain its xylene.

Also, the 1 photo posted above, I also agree he was deceased prior to being hung. First thing I noticed was his knees like a sitting poition, then hoisted up. As if maybe he was sitting dead?? I also thought when you hang yourself theirs blood. We had a friend 2yrs ago hang himself on front porch w/rope. He did bleed & all he did was use a propane tank. IMO, if this young man jumped not only would he have bled from mouth, but he would've atleast broke his neck.

I hope this poor 'late' mom gets answers. Too bad she had to pass w/o those answers. I have a few other things I want to add, but I will tomorrow.

You say de-icer, could it be something used on planes before takeoff? Just a thought.
If I take the time to research it, I'm going to be left standing in your dust, Jersey.

I keep trying to remember 1986... I graduated hs in 1984 & LSD use wasn't as widespread as in the 70's per se. I'm trying to remember what solvents were used for in the illegal drug manufacturing industry. Anybody happen to know? Was it cocaine or angel dust? I also remember something about anti freeze being used for something.

Is de-icer like a degreaser?

Gosh it's wracking my brain!

I wonder... & this is not to make this crime appear more than what it already is, but I wonder if Keith really was set up. Maybe he happened upon something he wasn't supposed to see. Could they have spiked his drink?

The chick that called the paramedics & said there was a suicide in the basement, then changed her story to walking her dog & saw Keith hanging in the woods - maybe she was thrown in the middle of all this & changed her wording out of fear? Still, I'd probably punch her in her face if I were Keith's family. What a low life to lie & never give the family answers. IMO its weak & pathetic. I can think of a few other choice words as well, but alas - I'll watch my manners...

I'm making an assumption that the person who gave the family the crime scene photographs was in LE, so that means that someone knew that what was going on wasn't right and tried to help the family without putting himself at risk and coming forward.

I don't know about the U.S but in the 80's U.K police corruption was high and a lot of the force especially the high ranking members were in Masonic lodges. Such organizations seem lame now but in the past they were quite helpful to get ahead in life and so were open to corruption and a if mistakes were made they could be covered up quite easily.

I agree, Duckiegirl. I think someone in le sent those 'hanging' photos to Keith's mom. Only thing I differ with is that I think they did it with a hidden agenda based on the note she subsequently received as well. The note stated that 'Mark Finley' was next. Needless to say, he died as the result of a 'bike accident'. Mark had a history of drugs & delinquency so his family just accepted the explanation of his 'accident' and left it as that.

Hmmmm...

Re: The clothes that were on Keith as he was hanging weren't his. Technology in forensics & biology has changed drastically since 1986. I wonder if Keith's family has those clothes & if so, maybe they'd consider sending them to a Touch DNA expert. The sneakers that were on Keith - wonder what the size of those shoes were & if they're the correct size for Keith.

• The inside of the shirt would hold Touch DNA considering even if a tshirt were worn under it the arms would still be bare.

• The inside of the sneakers would most importantly hold a lot of Touch DNA considering even if a person wore socks, their feet would still sweat, and the perspiration would collect in the sneaker.

• Touch DNA would also be on the inside of the pants Keith was placed in, even if they were washed, considering the fabric & thread weave of said fabric.

• African-American hair has the capability of holding much more evidence than most races in the fact that it's more coarse and the pile is different. Considering technology today, would Keith's family consider sending his hair including the hair/skull cap? Maybe there's trace evidence in the weave of his hair, between hair strands or such - like a thread from carpet, piece of fingernail, somebody else's hair or eyelash, etc.

You say de-icer, could it be something used on planes before takeoff? Just a thought.
If I take the time to research it, I'm going to be left standing in your dust, Jersey.

I just did a quick search on that Octagon company that the pathologist mentioned in his report. They made de-icer for airport runways! Good for you thinking along those lines! I wonder now... It couldn't be that easy to find it, could it? I mean, I know Internet use is much more widespread now than it was in 1986, but still...

Snipped from the exhumation patho report:
3) The estimated volume of the TCE and DCE mixture ingested in Keith’s case is 89 mL, which consists of 79.5% TCE and 20.5% DCE. The U.S. Naval Research Laboratory analyzed technical grade TCE purchased in 1965 from 4 companies. Their analyses showed that one of them contained 65% TCE, 22% dichloroethane, and 0% dioxane. It was purchased from Octagon Process Company (Table 16). Octagon’s technical grade TCE has a similar composition to the organochlorine solvents mixture recovered from Keith’s tissues.

~ Note: OCP was acquired by Clariant in 2011.
http://www.octagonprocess.com/about.html

Snipped from OPC site:
Octagon is a customer-oriented small business which has developed an extensive system of manufacturing, storage, distribution, and customer service to supply our deicing fluids throughout the world. Our line of aircraft and runway deicing fluids all meet the latest issue of their respective SAE Aerospace Material Specifications.

Whose house was the call made from? It was reportedly Chip Wynn's house, but did Alan Durant live there as well? Is this a fact?

An item caught my eye in the 11 Feb 2011 post, the summary of the ITeam's original findings -

'... the knot used in the hanging appeared to be backwards.'

Does that means it was tied by a left-handed person?

Sorry - the date is 7 January 2011.

An item caught my eye in the 11 Feb 2011 post, the summary of the ITeam's original findings -

'... the knot used in the hanging appeared to be backwards.'

Does that means it was tied by a left-handed person?

Sorry - the date is 7 January 2011.

Could be, or could be tied by a person facing the front of Keith while tying the knot of the noose behind him. Or, are they referring to the knot at the tree?

I am seething with hatred right now. I've already ridden 7.3 mi this morning. Think I need to go longer...

That is Alan Durant in the background that allegedly lived at the house the 'suicide' call was made from. He attempted unsuccessfully to sue Mary & ABC for the use of his face in the picture but since this is a true copy of an official police picture he can't do a thing about it. Sherri, Keith's sister, informs he's actually the one that led paramedics to the hanging body but police changed the story to the young lady walking the dog & happened upon Keith hanging gibberish. Lipp is the paramedic & he signed an affidavit informing everything that happened & that police lied.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back