MD MD - Lorraine 'Lori' Zimmerman, 15, Hagerstown, 6 April 1984

FWIW, here's 2 articles from Newspaper Archive on the case. They are the only ones I found.

Man charged in Md. killing may be linked to 1991 Frederick Co. death, three others

Maryland State Police say they are seeking links between two slayings in south-central Pennsylvania and three unsolved homicides in western Maryland.
Investigator Rick Bachtell told the Hagerstown Herald-Mail Tuesday he has met with Pennsylvania State Police who charged Jeffrey Miles last month with killing 29-year-old Kristy Hoke of Hagerstown.
That investigation led to the remains of 17-year-old Angie Daley of Waynesboro, who disappeared in 1995. No one has been charged in her death.
The Maryland victims are 27-year-old Geraldine Butts of Brunswick, whose battered remains were found in 1983; 15-year-old Lorraine Zimmerman of Hagerstown, who was found strangled in 1984; and an unidentified woman whose battered body was found along Interstate 270 in Frederick County in 1991.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/maryland/man-charged-in-md-killing-may.html

Is anyone still interested in this case? My mother is Lori Zimmerman's cousin. We were just talking about this, and I decided to look it up on Websleuths. I can pin point everything on google maps, and I can also try to find archived information at the public library. I still live in Hagerstown.

Is anyone still interested in this case? My mother is Lori Zimmerman's cousin. We were just talking about this, and I decided to look it up on Websleuths. I can pin point everything on google maps, and I can also try to find archived information at the public library. I still live in Hagerstown.

Yes, we're still interested. That's what Websleuths is here for.

I just asked because there hadn't been any new posts for awhile....

This is the MD state police report
http://msp.maryland.gov/hsib/cold_case_details.asp?identifier=63
Lori's case reopened
http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=245635&format=html
Google maps images of Reno Monument Road
Reno Monument Road

Linky to the map I made LINKY

The map really covers a wide distance. Reno Monument Rd is a "backroad" as we call them. It's heavily wooded and not many people live on it. It's a good 20 minutes from the locations that Lori was last seen.

I am spending time reading and looking at the visual aids you have provided here for us. It is nice to have someone close here.
Due to life's situation, i wont be able to study in detail until this weekend. AS far as last place seen, i would like to see the spot on the map, where she exited the bus on that Friday around 315 or so. And the friends house, that was stated she visited for ten minutes or so. One thing i found interesting so far, is that she went missing on the 6th of April. and the other two were found on the 6th of April of different years. Coincidence i am sure, but still it was interesting to read that. That in itself could mean there is a connection, but nothing physical for now, but perhaps in a spiritual way. Time will tell.

Thanks again for posting the information you have, and i look forward to studying it all in more detail this weekend.

I will have to try to get info on where exactly her friend lived. I would also have to get info on the bus stop. Once I have that I can pin point it on the map. I am going by what my mom has said and what my grandmother has said. My grandmother said she was last seen at the Washington County Library. My mother said she was last seen at the shopping center on Burhans Blvd.
I'll see if I can dig and find out exactly where her friend lived. I also want to fix the spot on Reno Monument Road. With that I am going to go by the Unsolved Mysteries Video.

ETA: I also remember my grandmother saying that she was seen getting into a car with two males. From what I understand there is speculation that she knew whomever killed her.

I put a couple more pinpoints in the map. I read that she was last seen on East Franklin St/North Cannon Ave. That area is the outskirts of the downtown area I suppose. Maybe this Friday I can go there and take actual pictures of the area (or you can see on Google Maps I suppose)

I remember hearing in the Unsolved Mysteries video that she was found somewhere near a church. From what I can find online, the church is on the corner of Rt. 67 and Reno Monument Road. That seems kind of odd to me, but I think some new building/houses have been built in that area since 1984. I think I'm actually going to have to drive to Reno Monument Road to get an idea of what is in the area.

I just asked because there hadn't been any new posts for awhile....

There just hasn't been much to talk about - I can only post "bump" on the thread to move it back up so many times.

Hopefully with someone closer to the family we can make some progress. I am only assuming that because there haven't been more articles that the mother just wanted to move on, or is not around anymore. Most mothers who lose their kids are aggressive and always getting news articles on the anniversaries etc (see Jennifer Odom thread for such an article ,another Unsolved Mysteries case)

i live in Hagerstown MD. I know her cousin, he is the little boy in her lap on Unsolved Mysteries. Her murder was committed by a family member. I will be contacting cold case squad as soon as i am able to gather more info

i live in Hagerstown MD. I know her cousin, he is the little boy in her lap on Unsolved Mysteries. Her murder was committed by a family member. I will be contacting cold case squad as soon as i am able to gather more info

Family member? Be careful....

Have you found any information and why is it after all this time you decided to find this forum?

I'm from Hagerstown too and my mom is one of her cousins and even she doesn't really know anything.

I just came across this site Lori was my best friend we went to school together and there isn't one person up here in Hagerstown forgotten her.I would love to have her case reopened,but I was told it has to be a family member to contact the police.How can I get a facebook and make it about her and her case maybe someone could know something about her case.She died 19 days before her 16th birthday.I lost my best friend 27 years ago and I think about her a lot,but not sure how it try to get the case opened again and looked into now maybe they can find out more in this day in age.Her mom is still alive and still lives up here her dad has pasted away a couple years ago.All I know if she got in a car with anyone she had to know them because she was not the kind of girl that just jump in a car with someone she did'nt know so lets see if we can find a way to get this case opened and get justice for Lori it's well over due.

Lori went to her aunts house after school that day and she lived I think its called Franklin St.It;s the street behind KFC on the Daulhighway.

I just came across this site Lori was my best friend we went to school together and there isn't one person up here in Hagerstown forgotten her.I would love to have her case reopened,but I was told it has to be a family member to contact the police.How can I get a facebook and make it about her and her case maybe someone could know something about her case.She died 19 days before her 16th birthday.I lost my best friend 27 years ago and I think about her a lot,but not sure how it try to get the case opened again and looked into now maybe they can find out more in this day in age.Her mom is still alive and still lives up here her dad has pasted away a couple years ago.All I know if she got in a car with anyone she had to know them because she was not the kind of girl that just jump in a car with someone she did'nt know so lets see if we can find a way to get this case opened and get justice for Lori it's well over due.

Whoever gave you that information is wrong. A murder case is never closed or forgotten until someone is identified as the murderer or arrested. The state police have a cold case squad and over the years they have looked into it from time to time but haven't made a lot of progress. At one time they thought that it was linked to others in the three-state area.

Someone in the Boonesboro area knows something. Its only been 28 years since this girls murder. There are people around who know what happened. All it takes his the right phone call.

You asked about Facebook. YOU can start a Facebook page about this case. All it takes is a few keystrokes. If you are not confident about your abilities then someone could help you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back