GUILTY MD - Officer Jacai Colson, 28, killed in ambush-style attack, Landover, 13 March 2016

http://www.kltv.com/story/31484381/police-officer-mistook-plainclothes-officer-for-threat. UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) - The plainclothes Maryland police officer who died in a chaotic shootout at a Maryland police station was deliberately shot by a fellow officer who did not recognize him and viewed him as an armed threat, a police chief said Wednesday.

Speaking to reporters outside the Prince George's County courthouse, Police Chief Hank Stawinski was careful not to speculate about the state of mind of the unidentified officer who fired upon Officer Jacai Colson on Sunday afternoon outside a police station in Landover, but he said it was clear that the officer feared for his life.

"I don't believe for a second that our officer intentionally fired at another police officer," Stawinski said.

4 of the officers still haven't filed reports as of yet. Why not? Are they trying to get their story straight or what. 6 cops shooting at 1 perp. Now a Coworker that is there to start his shift happens to join in on the shootout and was targeted by one of his own.

I really would like to see a animated scenario of how this went down and who was standing and shooting from where.

Now the cop may be undercover to the public. But he was a 4 year veteran that was arriving to start his shift or end his shift or whatever. So this is unacceptable at the moment. Jmo.

They need to quickly release the detailed scenario. Jmo

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56e9d690e4b065e2e3d86a73

Preliminary hearing this morning for all 3 suspects.

https://www.chron.com/news/crime/article/Trial-to-begin-over-deadly-attack-on-Maryland-13331583.php
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Cellphone video of a gunman's attack on a Maryland police station shows him screaming obscenities and shouting, "Do something!" in between shots, before an officer mistakenly killed an undercover detective who rushed to the scene of the shootout.

Jurors saw the video Wednesday on the first day of Michael Ford's trial on murder and other charges stemming from the March 2016 killing of Prince George's County police detective Jacai Colson.

Ford's two brothers filmed the attack with their cellphones after driving him to the station. Their videos hadn't been made public before prosecutors showed the footage to jurors.
more...

Man convicted of murder in Maryland police station attack
The jury deliberated for about three hours before convicting 25-year-old Michael Ford of second-degree murder in the March 2016 friendly-fire killing of Prince George's County police Detective Jacai Colson, Prince George's state's attorney office spokesman John Erzen confirmed. Ford also was convicted of first-degree assault and weapons charges.

Man Gets 195 Years in Prince George's Detective's Death

A man convicted in the attack on a Maryland police station in which an undercover narcotics detective was mistakenly shot and killed was sentenced to 195 years, but the slain detective's family is lashing out, saying the officer who shot the detective should be in prison as well.

A jury convicted 25-year-old Michael Ford of second-degree murder and other charges in the March 2016 shooting death of Prince George's County police Detective Jacai Colson. A prosecutor said even though Ford didn't fire the fatal shot, he created a "combat zone'' outside the station and caused Colson's death.

In all, Ford was found guilty of 31 charges.

I would be bitterly disappointed as well if I was related to Officer Colson. The actions of the person who fired the fatal bullet are reprehensible. I certainly hope he is no longer an officer. I would not want him firing a gun anywhere near me.

Chaos or none he is trained for this situation and his explanation doesn't hold water to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back