MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah yes a selective peace given how the blessed bloods and crips behaved last night...such angels they are.

LOL, I just listened to it again and he said if they say there has been 60 million in damages then they should give them 60 billion to rebuild.

I didn't quite get the logic:thinking:

But it isn't even their city to rebuild. I love how people who never seemingly considered Baltimore an issue in past crawl out of the woodwork making demands. Where where you before and how long will they stay after. Healing, IMHO, takes a community, not radicalizing part of population.

OMG the lady on FOX News Jeniece Andrews is breaking my heart. She watched her business burn down, all that she's worked for and poured her heart and soul into and now she has nothing. Where's the Black Lawyers for Justice for her?? Maybe they should be on her side of the situation!

Maybe Ms. Andrews should sue the city of Baltimore. After all the mayor gave the rioters/protesters carte blanche to destroy her business.

My guess is the mayor was coached by the attorneys for the city to walk back her statement. jmo

I just keep thinking this has got to be worse than those embarassing nekid baby pictures parents like to share. My mom busting me and whooping my azz on national TV. It would make me stay out of trouble.

I have mixed feelings on vid. I, personally think it's great momma took action(not too thrilled about blows to face, tho), but if we did not know context would there be outrage of abuse?

To this day I still respect the wooden spoon-so much so I can't own one.

Sorry if this has been posted - I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread. This mom is amazing...and scary. I'd just go home if she told me to.

CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) tweeted - 28 Apr 15:

VIDEO: Mother seen dragging son away from #BaltimoreRiots. cbsloc.al/1zjwg6h pic.twitter.com/7V0b26SUgj (https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/593038400753512448?s=17)

Love this woman. I hope one day this kid realizes how fortunate he is to have her as his mother.

Yep, because if people think logically, they could just stay home, realizing that the curfew is in place, & not have to worry about lawyers or violence or being arrested at all.

Crazy talk !!!

In the news conference it seems to be a thanks to all for what they did and oh yeah I want to thank the other police agencies for their help, I can't think of all the ones that helped but thanks. That is sad that it is not even over yet she is giving kudos and not knowing who all helped. jmo idk

Last night Baltimore asked for 5000 officers to come to help. I presumed they meant from neighboring states and such. Has anyone heard if any other departments are volunteering to go and help ? TIA

In the news conference it seems to be a thanks to all for what they did and oh yeah I want to thank the other police agencies for their help, I can't think of all the ones that helped but thanks. That is sad that it is not even over yet she is giving kudos and not knowing who all helped. jmo idk

She has a very sour look on her face.. Don't stand down wind my moma use to say

My thoughts exactly. Just what will they do if they (LE) have 200 - 300 - more people standing there in front of them at 10 PM and refuse to move? Transport them by bus to the station? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Probably the same thing they did in Ferguson - nothing much.

Crazy talk !!!

You know what's even more crazy talk? What if all those people who were out rioting & looting last night looked at the pictures & examples of the people who came out today to clean up, & felt guilty & bad, & stopped acting stupid? I can dream, can't I?

You know what's even more crazy talk? What if all those people who were out rioting & looting last night looked at the pictures & examples of the people who came out today to clean up, & felt guilty & bad, & stopped acting stupid? I can dream, can't I?
I feel the need to wake you up! What a dream you were having.

My friend, you need help !!!!!!!! :laughing:

Here's what bugs me lately. The peaceful protests from a few days ago got little to no coverage, but the violence got ALL the headlines.

Acting in a responsible legal manner does NOT get national news attention because it is NORMAL EXPECTED BEHAVIOR!

Sort of like how a mom that takes care of her kids won't end up on the national news however one that kills her kids very well COULD.

You mean the same people who punctured hoses to prevent firefighters from putting out the fires that were burning their city down last night? Yeah, I'm afraid that's crazy talk.

You mean the same people who punctured hoses to prevent firefighters from putting out the fires that were burning their city down last night? Yeah, I'm afraid that's crazy talk.

Call me crazy or optimistic, but if even 5% suffered twinges of guilt (or a swift descent into skin-picking madness), I'd be happy.

Call me crazy or optimistic, but if even 5% suffered twinges of guilt (or a swift descent into skin-picking madness), I'd be happy.

I'll dream along with you, because I feel the same way. WHAT IF seeing their neighbors picking up THEIR mess got to a few of them? WHAT IF? IMO, that's good. That's why those people were out there doing what they do. Groupthink is a powerful thing. Community is a powerful thing.

A little sidebar anecdote: I was a platoon sergeant and had a problem child PFC. This kid was forever late, always in trouble, everyone had given up on him, so I wasn't super excited when he was assigned to my platoon. Within a month of being assigned to my platoon, he had straightened up pretty good, still had some stumbles but he wasn't talking back to higher ups anymore and wasn't late nearly so often. When asked by the 1SG why he responded so well to ME and not to anyone else, his answer was this: "SGT ***** makes me do push ups, and then she does the push ups with me. I don't like seeing my PLT SGT do push ups because of me." Everyone else had just made him do them himself, and that didn't bother him. But him being responsible for 'making' me do them? It worked on him.

So, it's not outside the realm of possibility that seeing the people they respect clean up their mess could affect at least some of them. No need for people to be jerky and snarky about that "dream". JMHO.

Acting in a responsible legal manner does NOT get national news attention because it is NORMAL EXPECTED BEHAVIOR!

Sort of like how a mom that takes care of her kids won't end up on the national news however one that kills her kids very well COULD.

Peaceful, civil protests should always make the news. Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115